Obama Wins the Presidency!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Iria, Nov 5, 2008.

1. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard DH's oldest Geek

WTF!?!?! The post you replied to said NOTHING about race. You had NOTHING intelligent to say in rebuttal, so you fell back on the lame ass "race card".

FUCK YOU!!! I'm tired of seeing people being labeled as a racist just because they don't like ONE individual of some minority.

Go ahead call ME a racist too, because I didn't vote for "The Messiah". That's right I'm a racist because I don't like ONE "black man"!

I didn't vote for McCain because I couldn't vote for a black man. I voted for McCain, because the lieing weasel that was running on the Dem side is a fucking MARXIST. It's not having a black man elected that bugs me, it haveing a MARXIST elected

Take your race card and shove it up your ass.

BWX likes this.
  2. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Game over man, game over!

3. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

judas, that was an awesome picture you put up, i couldn't stop ROFLing for several minutes thereafter. :rofl:

as for Obama winning the presidential election, it's going to be different for sure. hopefully, he can pull through with at least most things that he has said. He's promissed lower taxes, but we all know that for public services or to bail out the US Government out of a financial mess, like you know...those $900 billion bailout loan that was recently issued by our government. personally, as long as taxes go for accepted good social programs, i wouldn't mind to pay a little more on taxes; but not for bailing out our free-market economy.

4. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

I think schools should take field trips down to local social security offices and show the kids who exactly is getting a handout and who isn't.

5. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

what's that all about? It isn't like he is putting everything under state property... Do you even know what a TRUE marxist stands for, what Karl Marx really had in mind?
    If you take a non-biased look at the core of communism and collectivism, it isn't that bad, better yet, it is pretty good.
    But it can never really happen, because it relies on ALL the people obeying the system. If one takes power it goes wrong -> power corrupts.

You should do that, and it is fairly easy.. I have dual citizenship too with holland/switzerland.

6. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

In thought good, in practice horrible for any country.

7. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Is there any official or fairly reliable number for the voter turnup yet?

8. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

The game is never over Omega
    btw...
    Kudos on your bold and witty and informed statements in the thread so far..
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

9. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

Last I heard it was about 140MM

10. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

I'm always a fan of ur sarcasm Jeff.

11. swimtech

swimtech Well-Known Member

Just a hair under 70% in my county - yes, county - and two thirds or so of those voted before Nov. 4th - and of those, two to one for Obama. On election day, the 4th, the remaining third who went to the regular polling places throughout the county voted two to one for McCain. Interesting huh? Obama won the county - first Democratic victory I've seen in 27 years living here.

12. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

On election day, N. Carolina was dead even with 50/50 of the results and tallys still being counted. Now, that seems to have been resolved, but it appears that Missoury is undergoing the same process. however, it seems that McCain will have that state though.

President - Election Center 2008 - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

on a side note, does anybody have a link to a video stream of Obama's and McCain's speech from election night?

13. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

google video is your friend...

there are countless streams of both

14. swimtech

swimtech Well-Known Member

Statewide, with over 4 million votes cast, the difference between the two is only 10-12 thousand votes. But, it doesn't matter at this point because the electoral count has Obama way ahead. NCs votes are moot for the Presidency at this point - as it turns out...

15. Zelig

Zelig Well-Known Member

I don't see where you're coming from here, you seem to be misinterpreting either Obama's position, or Marxism itself.

Obama barely even qualifies as left-wing, particularly socially, he supports the death penalty and opposes same sex marriage, positions which are basically untenable as a leading politician in much of the west. Economically, from what I've seen he's still right-wing when comparing to the rest of the developed world, although his mumbling about NAFTA didn't sound particularly progressive. You have to look at politics on a broader spectrum than simply in the United States once you start throwing around terms like "Marxism'.

16. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

Obama is about Obama.
    If you examine his career and even read his speeches, sans his famous oratory, he is another Cicero. He inspires and often influences his friends and enemies with a simple formula of making a statement and grandstanding on the popular position or problem, but rarely states his absolute decision in his remarks. He chooses to simply make good speeches and has a very broad demographic behind him.
    The reason he was elected as I have stated before is that Democrats and Republicans want something different.
    He isnt a Bobby Kennedy or even a JFK.
    He isnt a Reagan or Nixon, hell he isnt even an Al Gore or Lieberman.
    Among his peers, even among his constiuents, he is difficult to pin down and that makes him very very similiar to McCain.
    He is not a Bush, but beware, those situations that transformed Bush into the something that poeple spend endless hours criticizing will ultimately test Obama as well, and we might all be equally less generous about his choices.
    Poeple claim that Bush is a warmonger..
    those of you old enough can appreciate this, but you young folks examine history.
    How many Presidents started wars?
    How many Presidents ended wars?
    How many Presidents were elected based on the unpopularity of the former?
    How many Presidents were or are Lawyers?
    How many Presidents were implicated in scandals or plots.
    How many Presidents were treated much kinder by history than during their administration.
    Divide them up between Democratic and Republican and see what you get.
    Kind of a mixed bag huh?
    Oh and last but not least...
    How many were blamed for economic problems or economic success during their administrrations?

IMO not much is different about each one except they were responding to change, and how they respond to change determines whether they are percieved in my book, or whether I am impressed.

I have served under six of them, and they all had their faults and foibles and absolutely none of them are as ambiguous as our 44th President.

The Progressive Majority? Not a new idea.
    He voted as a conventional liberal as a senator, but he wants to break down bipartizen walls...good luck, it sounded good but it has always failed to meet the mark, and three presidents have tried it.

Economic reform? tick tock tick tock, heard that six times already, although each president can take credit for some incremental reform or boost to the enconomy, no doubt OBAMA will to, or fail miserably.

Tax Paying Americans want a chicken in every pot, mail delivered on time and a job to go to and a home to live in, that has never changed.

Pinning Obama down in front of a camera will ultimately fail because he like Bill Clinton and many before never state their true objectives in front of the American people, it just isnt smart.

Preferring to reach a concensus before he makes a decison might well be a new tactic for Senator Obama but it might be equally as frustrating and that makes him no different than his predecessors.

For those of you that believe in a new America then watch Mr. Obama very closely or better yet...read a bloody history book and do some inventory on all the former presidents and try to weed out the salient points in Mr. Obama's speeches and remain vigilant...you might find he is no different than those before him..

Wouldnt that be a surprise?

Not...:hmm: