OBLIVION: Game Experience and Opinions

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Dyre Straits, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Randomletters

Randomletters ))((

2. cleanfil

cleanfil New Member

Will configuring my ini as shown by dipstick do anything to my gameplay?

3. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Well I tried the stuff he wrote down and it did smoothen the game up and I don't got dual core...

4. riles9262

riles9262 Driverheaven brewmaster

He says so, at least for him, but results will vary depending on your system. Best thing to do is to make a backup of your present ini files that you're going to mod, and then make changes and test them.

5. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

In case it makes any difference to anyone, I'm using Omega's 6.2 drivers and using settings in ATT. I just posted a copy of those settings for Ray Adams as there has been a couple of times that I've had problems after exiting the game....not during the game. So that you don't have to go looking for that post, I'm showing a copy of my ATT settings:

[​IMG]

6. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

I 'heard' that if you turn off Catalyst A.I. you might see a little boost.

7. Dyre Straits

I have mine on Low settings. I might try if Off to see if it does make any difference.

8. Randomletters

Randomletters ))((

all the tweaks seemed to increase fps but my system still hard locks, last time i played for about 15 minutes

I have about 29gb free

Last edited: Mar 26, 2006
  9. cleanfil

cleanfil New Member

Well I turned my Catalyst A.I off and boosted my rez to 1280 by 1024 and I am running 30-55 FPS sometimes. Mostly though Its 29-37/39.

I have a questions. How do you throw away items? I am sort of overencumbered and dont know how to discard items.

10. jblade

jblade Spamming God

For those running on "max" settings, and still want more eye candy.

Use this

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66785

Personally Im using the increased draw distance, and better water, I have a X850XT and everything else is max.

P.S. besides fraps, any way to get a in game FPS counter?

11. riles9262

riles9262 Driverheaven brewmaster

You can either click and drag the item toward your character (release it when outside the menu interface) or you can hold left-shift and click on the item you want to discard.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2006
  12. Randomletters

Randomletters ))((

Drag and drop them out of your inventory

13. digerati

digerati Everyones life has worth

The drag and drop method didn't work for me. If you want to throw items away, hold down the left shift button, then click the item.

14. Dyre Straits

I was about to get myself arrested the other night (on purpose) and jumped over a short wall and began to drop all my stolen goods -- using the left shift/click on item option as it was faster -- and as soon as I left the Inventory screen I watched my potions bottles and other rounded objects roll to the bottom of the hill and bounce off the wall there. The physics are awesome!!! :)

15. Randomletters

Randomletters ))((

I didnt even know about the shift/click heh definately save me lots of time over the drag and drop

16. SSXeon

SSXeon ATi Freak!!

Hey guys havent posted awile BECAUSE of this game, have 40hours under me belt and jesus i love it. Any questions about it i can answer, i havent beaten it but i know a bunch of useful crap. Overall runs great on me card @ only 600/1100 (ocing higher doesnt help because its VERY CPU LIMITED), as its ported from the 360. I run @ 1280x960, 16xHQAF, HDR, almost max settings (cept shadows low) and i get: Min 23/ Average 35/ Max 70.

17. Dyre Straits

I've been trying to get some answers about the game from the official Bethesda forums and those forums have about crapped out with all the activity going on there. They've DISABLED the Search function and apparently the Email Notification as well. So, getting answers over there is like finding a needle in a giant hay field...not a haystack.

Anyway, one glitch is being reported that I definitely need to find out if the PC version is affected:

VAMPIRE CURE QUEST:

The problem being reported goes something like this: After finding all the items that the witch requested, for some reason ONE item isn't being asked for by her and therefore she's not making the potion and the character is stuck being a vampire.

Now, while being a vampire for a short time is pretty cool, it becomes a very serious problem as the quests continue. The reason being, everyone begins to hate you and, in a nutshell, you'll have to kill off every single person in the game if you want to survive. (Some people actually made that their major quest in Morrowind.....kill off everyone, that is.)

That's not my goal in this game and I really want to get this cure resolved before I spend many more hours and days on it. I also absolutely HATE to resort to a cheat command to resolve it, but, if this glitch is true, I don't see any other option at this time.

Hate to post what could be a spoiler, but, this does need to be addressed if it's a game bug.

18. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

I hear ya, man am I glad I stay away from vamps. They will never get near me because I learned my lesson in morrowind. Man Clavicus Vile wants my freakin awsome Umbra sword (yep its in here) except its just way too awsome, but I get his uber helmet of doom (also was in morrowind, and looks exactly the same)

19. Dyre Straits

Oh, here's a little trick if you need it:

When you're traveling through those dark caves, caverns, tunnels, and whatnot, if you're not quite sure if there are enemies around, just try Resting. If you can't rest, be ready for battle. :)

20. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Hey, Dyre. Just to let you know that Bethesda has disabled the search function for non-members only. If you register with the site, and login, you'll get the search function.

HERE is the thread you're looking for, Dyre. Plus, here is a little piece of info I found on their forums:

"Ok for you guys who bothered reading all the posts im gonna let you in on another console command.go to the old woman in the forest that offer you the vampire cure quest, open the console (~) and press her so you see her as a target, and you type: <set MS40.cureready to 5> that should do it. she thinks you gave her everything, and you just need to give her a little time to finnish the cure."

So, if your stuck, try the above.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2006