OBLIVION: Game Experience and Opinions

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Dyre Straits, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I've gone ahead and proceeded to follow the Cure Vampirism Quest. It actually has an interesting premise if you talk to the Count about it. BTW, he's not called "Count" for nothing. :)

Also, for those who never played Morrowind, the Speed Travel is a very welcome addition! The only way to 'speed travel' in Morrowind was via Silt Striders or from a Mage Guild location (if you belonged to the guild, that is.)

2. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

I've done all my traveling by walking :(

3. Dyre Straits

When not traveling by speed travel, I use a horse. :)

4. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

can't build up acrobatics and athletics riding a horse though :p

5. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

I installed fraps to see what kind of framerate i was getting, and i was suprised when it was saying 200+. So i cranked the detail to large textures, 1280X1024, and am surprised it is running fine :) There is an occasion burp but nothing bad enough to drop me below 30 for any amount of time.

6. Dyre Straits

Actually, I've done pretty well. I'm building up my Sneak and I just got a nice little boost in my Athletics and Acrobatics a moment ago.

I only ride the horse between towns. I HAVE to walk and or climb in all those caves. LOL Then, of course, I'm running all over the vast cities, too. So, I'm getting my exercise. ;)

7. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

ive been playing the game for 5 hours now, and really have accomplished just about nothing.

anyways, i was starting to get a little bored but then all the sudden these guys showed up.

[​IMG]

so i do the polite thing, and open the gate for them.

[​IMG]

turns out one of the sheep was smart enough to get out of the pen through the open gate...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

maybe im a saddistic bastard, but i throughly enjoyed watching 2 penned sheep run around for their lives while 2 black bears chased them down.

8. Dyre Straits

ROFL! If it weren't for Radiant AI, it wouldn't have happened. LOL!

9. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

ahaha, that is awesome.

10. Dyre Straits

I caught someone in one of the Mage's Guilds walking in place on the table.

I was hoping they'd have fixed this as it's quite distracting and distasteful.

11. ferret2004

ferret2004 Active Member

I killed a rat on a fairly steep hill and watched it's lifeless body roll all the way down :D
    I don't know why I found that so fascinating, I guess 'cause I've never seen that happen in a game before.

12. Dyre Straits

Oh, yeah! I actually did that to a bandit and watched him/her roll all the way down to the road. It was great!

13. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

The physics are awesome in this game. One of my 'party members' killed a boar with a spell. It flew into the air bounced as it hit the wrong, started sliding down the hill, slid into a shield i had dropped, then the shield started sliding too :eek:

14. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

wow...this 'tweak' i suggestd really messed up the menus and mouse selection on menu items. I had finally got around to trying the game after I 'speculated' that the .ini file could be modified. :( Oh well. .guess I'll have to keep typing in "FOV 90" everytime I finish talking to someone and new areas. Sigh. At least the up arrow retypes what you wrote and its easy to hit console, up arrow, enter, console.

Turn ON v-sync btw.. seems to help framerate. Also putting away your weapon will let you move faster and get a slight framerate boost as well.

That bandit dungeon across from the prison sewers exit has a interesting stone that and statue worth some big $$. Those little blue stones that look like 'lights' can be taken too..

Make sure you exclude obvivion.exe from Windowblinds in case you have that running too BTW.

The more I play the more I like this game!.. I've restarted with 3 different characters already! Whew!

15. ViP3RH3LL

ViP3RH3LL New Member

Obivion is alot more fun then morrowind and looks better, I think all the dead landscape was depressing. Plus the first time I got to explore, I was following the roads like the watchmen were saying to do, do to robbers and such, so I'm traveling along looking at the scenery, when I get a arrow threw my ribs, and I'm like what the.. The guy was hiding behind a rock.
    So I kill the punk and take his gold and clothes to sell later: HAHA That will show you.

I keep going, right into a dead end and a ambush with another arrow freaker, so I attack him, and a wolf comes out of nowhere and starts to chew on my ass, I break off all attack mode procedures and haul ass into the god knows where and about 5 miles later I come upon a camp at a ruin, and the goddamn mages start attacking me also, so I kill the wolf then haul ass from the mages and end up in another camp being attacked by 2 more people, so I haul some more ass, find a farm and enter the building thinking the enemy will break off and wait for me. WRONG! Follows me in and slices me up like a fish.

P.S. Having fun anyways.

16. Dyre Straits

At least there are no Cliff Racers, right? LOL!

17. Flexkill

Flexkill New Member

This is my first time playing any of the Elder Scroll series...and im loving it. Should i play the others as well??? Or is this by far the best one?:confused: One thing, Im having trouble with the interface:( How are you guys switching weapons and spells so fast...i keep getting killed cause i cant seem to get what i need fast enough.:(

18. Dyre Straits

My first one was Morrowind followed by the official add-ons, Tribunal and Bloodmoon.

OBLIVION is a significant improvement in many ways, but, I think you'd enjoy Morrowind if you like this kind of gameplay....wide open spaces and lots of exploring. :)

19. Flexkill

Flexkill New Member

heh, i added an edit to my post...could you give that one a go...thanks:rofl: and why no MP in this game??? that would rock!!!:cool:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
  20. Dyre Straits

The Quick Key setup is done by bringing up the inventory first. Have it showing your weapons and such.

Then, for example, press the #1 key at the top of your keyboard. With this key pressed, click on the weapon or spell you wish to assign to that key. Repeat for all others up to the #8 key.