OBLIVION news... something BIG is about to happen

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by CATALYST maker, Apr 6, 2006.

1. EvaUnitXIV

EvaUnitXIV New Member

why don't you make drivers that will make this game not suck?

2. WaltC

WaltC New Member

Sir eric, 'o knight of the frigid North (or are you in sunny CA?--can't recall...;)), I'm wondering if at some point it might be possible to enable in later x800 drivers an integer-based work-around for HDR (on the lines of what HL2 attempts to accomplish.) If it isn't workable in the drivers, then what about the possibility of some basic modular-type integer-based HDR development tools for the API for the benefit of software developers who might wish to explore them as additions to their games (to better support older hardware)?

I mean, in this way you might enhance the continuing value of the x800 line of products, which might be worth doing in certain markets and areas of the world where the x1000 series might prove too costly/advanced at present, and without conflicting with the strong points of the x1000's as you've outlined them above. You could also point to increased hardware support for AGP through the x800's, as well, reducing or eliminating some of the AGP-based demand for x1000 products.

Just a thought--as I'm so pleased with being able to do Adaptive AA with my x800, with little to no performance hit that I can see inside of Oblivion, with the DH Z-point 6.3-based drivers. I can't see why the stock CATs don't enable AAA by default, really, for my x800 xt. I don't think that boosting the capabilities of the older line of products will degrade interest in the newer products, as there are just so many things the x1000s can do better than the x800, if the x800's can do them at all, like you've mentioned above.

Is this a reasonable request, or am I all wet?...;) (As usual.)

3. Alien1

Alien1 Banned

Play World of Warcraft if you do not like it :rolleyes:

That's one RPG (*cough*) that does not suck for you plus the awesome multiplayer experience with all the kids of the world:rolleyes:

The low polygon Cartoony world of Azeroth is soooooo much fun
    :x

Last edited: Apr 9, 2006
  4. brutusmaximus

brutusmaximus New Member

gorgeous looking game, only game ive seen which looks better graphically is the new tomb raider, thats in a league of its own. if you have the best hardware........

5. EvaUnitXIV

EvaUnitXIV New Member

wow is even worse. only thing good bout oblivion is the name (well graphics are ok)

6. CATALYST maker

CATALYST maker ATI driver guru

7. Gnerma

Gnerma Avatar limits = SPAM

:D Signed!

This comes from here if anybody is wondering:

8. digerati

digerati Everyones life has worth

9. Spyre

Spyre New Member

I signed it, chuck better sign the petition to get me one too ;)

10. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

I signed it. Hopefully, it'll melt the heart of the managers... We need more people like this guy! :)

11. Jerm357

Jerm357 New Member

will this make my game run better when using a X800xtpe? or should I not bother with this card and just use 6.3

12. Spyre

Spyre New Member

No it wont make a X800 run any better, unless you got a crossfire X800 setup.

13. Tailis

Tailis New Member

I don't know if any of you can help, but I'm at my wits end to why this patch isn't working.

I've eliminated almost every variable I can think of, including removing ATI tray, running oblivion with original exe, using original ini's, removing all mods including texture mods, many different settings within CCC including temporal, adaptive, and AI at standard and high, and yet it doesn't work. The only thing I can really think of is Ati tray tools having something left behind?

The symptom is actually rather strange. In the inventory (maps, spells, equipment), my character actually is anti-aliased, where in the interview it says that it wouldn't be anti-aliased! However, in the game world it's not anti aliased :dead:.

I followed the instructions, installing over Cata 6.3 replacing the newer files, and am currently using Sapphire x1900xt.

14. cswiger

cswiger New Member

1) I signed the petition. Clearly all Chucks deserve Ferrari's.

2) This hotfix driver seems to fix the "missing triangle" bug in X3 which corresponds with the "vertex size optimization switch". Yay!

15. jeffro29

jeffro29 New Member

Hello everybody i was wondering do you install this hotfix over the 6.3 or do you uninstall just the 6.3 drivers and leave the control center intac?

16. jeffro29

jeffro29 New Member

Is anybody in this thread any more?

17. JDwoods[TeamATi]

JDwoods[TeamATi] New Member

You just install the Chuck Drivers over the current drivers you have.

If it asks if you want to overwrite a file say yes.

And don't install the 6.4 drivers because they don't have the fixes for Oblivion in it.

18. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Just curious as I don't have a system yet that can use the Chuck Drivers enhancements. But, if someone has already installed the 6.4 drivers, will installing the Chuck Drivers over it accomplish the same thing as long as they overwrite the proper files?

19. Alien1

Alien1 Banned

I do not care about the Chuck patch
    i have a X800 for the time beeing anyway so there is no use for it

One is certain
    with 6.4 Oblivion runs smoother from 6.3 for me [​IMG]
    even with all these mods with the higher texture quality that i have installed from the oblivion community

A little late for that anyway

Egosoft released patch 1.4 for X3 Reunion with a alternative fix installed for these ATI related problem as i heard

With patch 1.4 also these game is almost full bug-free at last [​IMG]
    No serious bugs for X3 anymore at last

Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  20. cswiger

cswiger New Member

Sure, after several people ended up testing about ten beta versions of X3 to allow Andi2 @ Egosoft to track down the issue, X3 got a standardized workaround option with 1.4. It's still better for ATI to fix reproducable driver bugs before some other game gets affected by the same thing...