Odd anomlies

Discussion in 'Windows & Other OS Discussion & Support' started by bobbytomorow, Oct 18, 2006.

1. bobbytomorow

bobbytomorow Banned

Odd glitch after install

I installed ubuntu today on a spare IDE HDD I had, my win xp is on a seperate sata drive. The ubuntu seems to be working fine but when I boot into win everything has a blue tinge, ie; the top of my windows, the tast bar, and some text. Any ideas what this means? I screwed up the first installation of ubuntu and I think I may have installed something on my windows drive, I seem to remember "/media" during the first install going into the win drive. Any idea how i could locate this in windows I tried the search and came up with nothing.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  2. UberLord

UberLord A Legend in Underwear

Sounds like dodgy memory more than a software issue.

3. bobbytomorow

bobbytomorow Banned

I don't think so, windows was working perfectly fine before install of ubuntu, and then had this blue hue to it ammediately after the install.

4. bobbytomorow

bobbytomorow Banned

Ok, I went to the ubuntu forums and someone suggeted I re-install my windows video drivers. I said that I couldn't honestly see how that being the problem but I did it anyway and it did the trick. Now my only problem is that I installed the 64bit version and there doesn't seem to be any support for it =(