Official Crysis Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Vikingod, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Thank, I'll take a look at it.

2. ptsigas

ptsigas New Member

dont worry guys- its just drivers issues..

Nvidia worked alongside Crytek..ATI has to work on the drivers lonestar-

but i have full confidence in both ATI and Crytek- people can complain all they want about ATI -but considering small wait times for drivers- when they come out- the games run great!

FEAR- now with 7.10 runs even better than 7.9! runs really smooth- i am quite happy =) replaying fear and extraction point for halloween-

prob gonna pick up a copy of Jericho! oohh man im dying for this one

but Crytek's engine is incredible..come on- you can PLAY WHILE EDITING!!!!! that is a crazy optimization.. i mean the game runs so well at 40fps? when people got that with oblivion they all went to get drunk to celebrate!! but this game at 60 will be like running 80+ for older games- right on!!!

game on folks- "push me long enough and you'll wake up in Hell"

3. ptsigas

ptsigas New Member

Zardon did you buy that pc man :) wanna lend me $30000 for a nice pc upgrade =)

4. Tril

Tril Triple screen racing ftw

I downloaded the demo here : Crysis by Electronic Arts
    The average download speed I got was 472 KB/s. Definitely not bad for a free download link.

I like it a lot. It very beautiful but my hardware is not good enough for my taste. I have a 7900 GT and a AMD 3000+.

I tried to play at 1280x960 with settings on medium and no AA. It was playable but it was not smooth during the gunfights.

I then tried it at 800x600 with 2xAA with settings on medium. It's more playable like that. It's a low resolution but I find it better than playing at a higher resolution with settings on low.

I tried low settings and 1280x960 but it was less pretty than medium and I did not like it.

What I would like it to play it at a 1080p resolution on a HDTV. I'm sure it would look beautiful. I seem to remember that Zardon has a 42 inch display. It must look awesome on that HDTV/monitor.

I like to snipe the enemies while being invisible and I like the AI. If you miss your shot, you can get invisible, get to a new position, aim at where you previously were, wait for the enemy to walk up to where he thinks you're hiding under cover and snipe the guy. ;)

There's a bug in the demo. Well not really a bug, more like something you can use to get an unfair advantage. When you use the sleeping darts, you usually have to wait about 10 to 15 seconds before using it again. If you change ammunition shot type three times, you can shoot again without waiting as much.

5. Tril

Tril Triple screen racing ftw

I'm sure he'll agree with a 30% interest rate per year. :evil:

I know I would.:D

I have a question about Crysis and video cards. For Crysis, is a 8600GT better or worse than a 7900GT. Obviously in DX9 since the 7900GT can't do DX10.

6. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

To the folks running a dual boot, does the game run that much better on XP than Vista. I've hear XP is getting sometimes twice the frames than Vista.

If this is true, I might have to get XP x64 on a dual boot and see.

7. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

i just tried out the whole DX10 settings on a DX9 system. 10.8fps at 1280x1024... looks very nice though.

8. ChaosMinionX

ChaosMinionX USB 3 dot oh

How did you use DX10 settings on a DX9 rig?

9. ChaosMinionX

Its the nature of the hardware, PC is infinately expandable, budget permitting of course. So the X360 has specific things it has to be able to do and you cant upgrade the hardware on it, and most games for it have to run like 60FPS or something like that. You wont see PC users get treated differently when the hardware is out there, it just might be uber expensive but its there none the less.

However I agree that people with highend rigs should be able to run new games at more than 30fps on high/very high settings. Hopefully crossfire/sli of the upcoming Nvidia and ATI cards allow for this (excluding RV670, G92 as they are just revisions and not a new core)

10. Just Learnin'

Just Learnin' New Member

11. Dark Lord

exactly. screenshots are being uploaded now.

12. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

My post back a page shows you how.. #78

13. Dark Lord

14. Dark Lord

[​IMG] [​IMG]

average of 10-12fps. sure looked nice though.

15. ChaosMinionX

Nice, that was news to me :)

I tried it on DX9 on my other rig with the dual X1900XTX's and I think after playing DX10 looks alot better to me.

16. Da_Jewish_Fonzy

Da_Jewish_Fonzy Me>You

I just seen that today at another forum. You can run the so-called dx10 features just fine on XP and with better performance. What a scam and I hope they fix this issue for the final release and unlock "very high" for XP now that everyone has exposed it.

17. ViRuS2k

ViRuS2k Well-Known Member

that will never happen.

for a start only some of the dx10 features work on xp when useing the cvar tweaks.
    and even with all those tweaks dx9 version does not look as good as the dx10 version
    there are features in the dx10 that even with tweaks cant unlock as the hardware wont allow it.

only features that work on dx9 path are the godrays and higher textures and becuse this is a demo i dont even think its useing the ultra high res textures becuse they wanted to keep the demo size down as small as they could.

anyway like i said, dx9+tweaks will never look as good as pure dx10 without tweaks.

18. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

you ruined hornets day virus, I think he was almost wetting himself there. :D

19. ViRuS2k

ViRuS2k Well-Known Member

hehe :p

20. Da_Jewish_Fonzy

Da_Jewish_Fonzy Me>You

lol, touche'