Official Crysis Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Vikingod, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Tril

Tril Triple screen racing ftw

I'll answer my own question. I bought a new video card and ran the gpu banchmark on both cards.

NVIDIA drivers 169.04 beta on both cards under Windows XP 32 bits.
    Resolution : 1280x960, 32 bits.
    No AA and all settings on medium.

EVGA 7900 GT KO, core:500MHZ, memory:750 MHZ.
    min FPS : 6.90
    max FPS : 35.42
    average FPS : 22.70

Gigabyte 8600 GT, core:600MHz, memory:720MHz.
    min FPS : 14.58
    max FPS : 37.96
    average FPS : 25.25

The 7900 GT is a Dx9 card and the 8600 GT a DX10 card. I did not force the use of DX9 or DX10 on any of the cards.

I was afraid that the 8600 GT would be a downgrade from the 7900 GT. It does not seem to be the case. I bought the passive version of the card so there's no fan on it (less noise). In the end, I'm pleased with my purchase even if it's not a big improvement for gaming. It should play HD movies with a lower cpu usage and it's less noisy.

2. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

how much did you pay for it ?

3. Tril

Tril Triple screen racing ftw

132.32$ canadian + tax. bought it at NCIX. They pricematched the lowest price I could find on canadian stores selling online. I just looked again tonight and the lowest price I could find was 115.47. I could have saved about 16.85 had I waited a few days.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  4. wlsh242

wlsh242 New Member

I'm not sure whats going on but I got a e-mail from EA saying I can download the game with the their download manager. Sure enough it's downloading now. Probley just the preload but it didn't say preload. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Thank you for ordering on EA Store (US). The product that you pre-ordered is now available for either preload or release. The EA Download Manager indicates the release date and time of your purchase. The preload is a convenience to get you into the game faster when the release date arrives.

Order ID: xxxxxxxx
    Product ID: xxxxxxxxx
    Product Name: Crysis®

If you have further questions regarding your order, please visit EA Store (US) Online Store - Welcome and click on the Customer Service link located near the top of the page.

Please note: This e-mail message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please visit http://support.ea.com to submit any further questions.

Sincerely,

EA Store (US)Customer Service

All done just the preload 4 day 16 hours before I can play it

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  5. wlsh242

wlsh242 New Member

Sorry double post please delete

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  6. ptsigas

ptsigas New Member

so ill give you my address...you pay for it- ill help you out in Guild wars if you play for the return favour!! we are ALL HAPPY! commmmmmmon CRYTEK lets do this!

oh any of you see OFFSET? looks freaking incredible...oh man oh man oh man...bash Dx10 alls yees want- its beautiful! HAS TO BE dx10 - believe me its nuts

7. ViRuS2k

ViRuS2k Well-Known Member

Hmm might have found a little tweak to get a extra 3-4frames in crysis...
    havent compaired per say to frames ect but the game seems smoother

try it out : in your nvidia settings Change multithreading from Auto to ON...

let me know how you get on :)

8. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

even the full version runs like a piece of crap, running at 1024x768 at medium settings is pretty bad. I'm running gears of war and ut3 at 1680x1050 full details and fsaa and its silky smooth. the intro video shows all this kick ass shit you can do at full speed, what the hell were they using on that video to run it like that? I haven't tried DX9 mode but I'm sure I'll lose a hell of a lot the cool effects.

9. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Can't wait for this full game.. just received my dispatch notice today. The next few days is going to be busy.

10. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Your comp kicks mines ass and I run 1280x960 mix of medium and high.

Tip for FPS, use Nhancer to set the prerender frames to 1 or 2 instead of 3 that helps with the framerate (same trick people used for Oblivion).

11. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

good tip it did help, now I can run some of the shit on highest. I like maxing it out, but the game is still slow. Something weird about the aiming, it feels so floaty...

12. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

I run it on mine at 1440x900 and everything mostly on high with only volumetric light, post processing, shaders, and shadows on medium (the shadows look better on medium because they are more smooth instead of a projection)

Edit: read this guide to run Crysis on DX10 settings through DX9 for the exact same look and less of a performance hit. About 10 frame more in DX9.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  13. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I have a similar system, Hopefully I will get as good a result..

14. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac New Member

Hey guys, do any of you know if this new ATI Crysis hotfix works with Omega drivers?
    AMD Customer Care

I've mostly just seen texture flickering and such, but that's one of the things the hotfix is supposed to fix. I was wondering if things like rocks appearing right in front of you as you move forward and popping in and out of view as you look in and out of your weapon sights is one of the graphics glitches related to ATI cards? It's so bad you can see guys behind rocks without the sights, yet they're obscured by them with the sights.

At over 53MB, this file is more like the size of the whole Cat driver/software suite combined than a hotfix and I'm worried it will completely overwrite the Omega driver. I saw nothing in the Omega driver readme that talks of such a hotfix being included since it just came out so I think it's exclusive to ATI drivers.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  15. DJShamrock

DJShamrock New Member

I know why why this company is called Crytek and this game is called Crysis. Anyone who waited for this game to come out for past three years only to get let down like this..hell I would "Cry" too.

What are they going to call the sequel.

Crytek presents in association with Jesus Crysis... Crysis 2: Cry of the PC (The Official First Crysis Patch.)

I got an FX-60 OC'd to 2.9, liquid cooling,(2) 1900's (512mb) in crossfire, 700watt PSU 300 gb hd at 10,000 rpm WD, Azuntech Prelude, Vista 64 reformatted with everything turned off and I barely hit 20 fps on high. My PC is so powerful I think it gave me leukemia. It's so powerful and intelligent it automatically emailed the FBI and told them "I think someone called Crysis just molested it me."

No wonder this was a PC exclusive. They would have to shoot down a UFO and steal it's tech to make a console able to run this thing.

I am not totally bashing this game though it looks super fun. I can imagine I am playing by downloading all those sweet HD videos and memorize them and pretend I am playing. And I am sure by the time they make hardware for my PC to handle this at 100 fps, we will all have our own mini-nuclear reactors in our basements to power our rigs.

It's OK though. My doctor says I will probably be dead of Leukemia by then.

I give this game a 9.2 out of 10.

16. westsidebud

westsidebud New Member

DJShamrock thanks for posting !

i enjoyed your post lol
    funny.. yet sad :(
    i hear ya and
    my pc is too old to even entertain the idea of playin crysis

gettin to the point where i may just give up on PC crap
    and do what many other guys i know are doing (jumpin to consoles)
    look at the stability / performance and pc hardware prices compared to consoles/games

just seems to me that they simply get lazier with the coding
    and then expect/demand that we buy EVEN more powerfull hardware ..again and again

tiring.. i guess im stuck playing the game "read the pc-game review on firefox"
    i pwn noobs on firefox woot LOL

17. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

ive been playing it for a little while now, and i really dont like the game, at all.

it runs fine on my system, all medium 1280x1024, 32fps average. the nano suit though.... it just makes everything too damn easy.

im playing on delta and enemies are completely oblivious to me half the time.

take for instance, 2 guys i ran into laying on the beach. one guy is sitting down, and the other guy is basicly laying in the guys lap. i stealth suit it over to about 2 feet from the guy right at his side. i decloak and neither of them see me. shoot the guy sitting there in the head with a silenced weapon and he falls over dead. the guy thats laying almost in his lap still doesnt see me, or notice the other guy dead.

18. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

19. Dark Lord

ya.... the AI isnt exactly intelligent.

20. Dark Lord

blind quadruple amputees have better accuracy then most enemies in the game...

fear the mighty tanks. FEAR THEM I SAY!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and by fear them, i mean dont. feel free to walk right upto them without a care in the world. they cant hit you apparently.

the AI seems absolutely wonderful too...

YouTube - crysis AI

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007