Official Discussion: Assassins' Creed: Valhalla

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Dyre Straits, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I have the XBOX version and am quite enjoying the story development. The game's video rendering captures the winter-y environment with incredible detail. The snow sounds are quite true to life as the character moves about with the sounds of snow slushing beneath her/his feet (depending on which gender you're playing at the moment.)

So far, I've gone on two raids and the action is so very fluid with no indication of struggling to keep up with things.

I opted for the XBOX version due to many of the box stores no longer ordering PC versions. And, secondarily, many of the XBOX games are now playable on PC anyway. AND, thirdly, I use a game capture card these days to put anything I'm playing rendered on my 49 inch 4K screen.

AND, lastly, since I am using this setup, I can also use my wireless headphones as well.

Calliers likes this.
  2. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

My little brother was crazy about starting playing this game on his new rig, then he saw the violence and gore, and he's like nope!

(He's a bit of a bible thumper so yeah)

3. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

AC is a brilliant series, but it has never been for the squeamish. I still shudder when I remember that poor sod getting his legs broken in the first game. :eek:

Calliers likes this.
  4. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

He wanted to play the GTA V story as well, but when he found out about the torture scene (in which you have to participate like it or lump it) he was like OH HELL NO.

But he's getting it anyway for the GTA Online part of it. That part he likes.

5. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Good view on this game from my second most favorite Youtuber.

Calliers likes this.
  6. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Well 9 hours in and after a few minor bugs (have been teleported across map to unexplored region, stuck in wall and a hard lockup that required a pull of teh power lead ) I have now encountered a game breaking bug, the mission to find the seer in the mountain north of my encampment isnt showing up, appears to be a common issue and the only fix at he moment is to restart the whole game , uninstall delete save reinstall but stay off-line then complete mission and finally go back online then update to latest patch, problem is that 9 hours of gameplay gone

might wait and see if next patch addresses it :(

Still its a good game

7. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Sound a bit like a battered wife. Bad jokes aside, this sucks. I hope they fix it for you.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  8. Dyre Straits

Is this after starting your development in England? So far, I've not encountered anything that would break the game for me. On XBOX.

9. Mr Cairo

I have not left the starting area, my gameplay style is spawn in an area do all the vantage points explore loads then move on so im still exploring the original area... for 9 hours :).

I think the PS4 has had a lot of issues, I certainly have had bugs that made me twice have to respawn at a vantage point as I was stuck in the wall and a mountain side, had a hard crash that needed a cable pull, met invisible enemies and now this. PS4 seems to be the only affected console though

see here

Good news as I was googling a link for you one of the articles is titled update fixes game breaking bug ...fingers crossed

EDIT>>> IT WORKS

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  10. Dyre Straits

I am finding this game to be very intriguing and interesting as well. Not giving away anything, I hope, but, the option of gaining allies in the game is a welcome change of pace from some of the previous AC games.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  11. Mr Cairo

I think I have been sent a second Way of the Berserker code for the PS4 (probably 5) ... anyone want it ?

12. Dyre Straits

I'm really "digging" this game! :)

I thought I was stumped on one mission where I needed to identify a traitor amongst my new ally. I was so tempted to Google the solution but so very glad I did not!

I do wish, however, that I had gotten the PC version instead of XBOX...for the main reason that posting screenshots from XBOX are a lot more hassle than they would have been from the PC. They must have changed how screenshots are made available to the XBOX app at some point. My external drive has to be formatted a certain way in order to access the Captures now. The game really is gorgeous!

IvanV likes this.
  13. Mr Cairo

I just did that mission and I am curious if there are other outcomes, I don't actually know if I chose correctly or not as the game just continues. Did you choose the same as i did in the spoiler ..

My choice was the guy that had died and come back to life and was having visions ..name escapes me right now (not the girl not the boatbuilder)

14. Dyre Straits

Yes

Mr Cairo likes this.
  15. Dyre Straits

There's one mission where I'm suppose to collect a Roman Legionnaire statue for my new Roman artifact collector. I wasted a lot of time and on this one.

Essentially, ONE way to do this is to distract the person who has it and, when he moves away from the front of his establishment, I'm to sneak his key, unlock the door and collect the said statue. However, although with my special vision I could see where the key was suppose to be, it was not there and I could not collect it and complete the quest in this manner. I got so tired of hearing the little girl repeat sentences after sentences so I ended up just paying the requested fee and getting on with the rest of the story. I'm wondering if this is a glitch just on the XBOX?

Mr Cairo likes this.
  16. Mr Cairo

Where was the mission roughly Ill try and speed myself to it and see what happens

There are a few runes that I have on the PS4 that I cannot collect I am in the right location the map says they are right in front of me and they are just not there or I cannot get the prompt to appear.

Think my biggest mistake this time was playing from release date I normally put the AC ganme away as a Christmas present to myself and by the time I olay quite a few bugs are sorted .... I am seeing a lot in the PS4 version

17. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Regarding those runes, from what I've read, you may need to progress the story a bit further before you can collect them. Amazing bit of game design carried over from the last couple of titles (except there I bumped into it quite rarely, so people probably weren't complaining, but it seems to be more of an issue with Valhalla).

Dyre Straits and Mr Cairo like this.
  18. Mr Cairo

Yeah they are a bit of a pain but not game breaking so im happy to wait for potential unlocking as story progresses or patch fixing it at a later date.

19. Dyre Straits

You have to build the Roman collector's museum at your settlement in order to get this mission.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  20. Mr Cairo

Ok I will add that to next thing on the list and see what happens

Dyre Straits likes this.