Official Discussion: Assassins' Creed: Valhalla

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Dyre Straits, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I suggest you save your game just before talking to the merchant/collector that has the statue you're after. Then, try distracting him first. If that doesn't work, you can re-load and try the other way.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  2. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Need to do a monastery raid to get some supplies to build his part of the settlement , I had concentrated on the trading post the stable and the forge at first ... plan to pillage and plunder a bit today and see if I can get enough stuff

Dyre Straits likes this.
  3. Mr Cairo

Having the same kind of issue, I ended up paying to get the statue but he didnt give it to me I can see the key to the door on a chair just outside the shop but cannot pick it up, reloading before the event has not worked as when I do the shopkeeper is not there and I still cannot get the key

apparently an issue for some on all platforms :(

Dyre Straits likes this.
  4. Dyre Straits

Yeah....once you try the "Distraction tactic" it's like a broken record. (I'm sure you know what that term refers to. But, maybe some younger people may not. ;) ) Anyway, I started from a previous save and just paid him. He then opened the door and pointed out where the statue was.

Thanks for trying!!!

5. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Off topic but... I first thought that that was a bit of an exaggeration, then I realized: I'm in my thirties and I have played a gramophone record; someone 10 years younger than me likely hasn't, but knows what the expression means and where it originates; another ten or so years younger and a good percentage of the kids / young people might only have a very vague idea. It's strange how something can go from an everyday object to an arcane contraption.

A friend of mine is an elementary school teacher for 1st to 4th grade. One day the children were learning synonyms and she asked them in what ways can you say "to call someone on the phone". They came up with a few, but didn't mention one of the most common expressions that I grew up with, which literally means "to turn (someone)" (originating in the era of the rotary dial). When she mentioned that one, she got a classroom full of blank stares, like "Why would you say that?!" Her attempt to explain the association only got them even more confused - few among them remembered having ever seen a turn dial (at best someone eventually remembered such a phone from the grandma's house), and that expression is no longer used by even the parents of those children.

6. Mr Cairo

Almost the same I did try and distract him and that didnt work I then paid him and nothing seemed to happen, so I started to circle the building and then noticed a Key icon on a stool, I cannot pick up the key and when I looked the seller had gone

Now if I reload from a previous save he is not at the shop and I have a key that I can see but not get

EDIT> Read a note by the door that said he was away and would return in the morning, I mediated until it was next day and the door was available and open, I now have the statue :)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    Dyre Straits likes this.
  7. Dyre Straits

I actually pre-date the rotary phone. ;) When I was 6-7 years old, we had a phone that had a small round "button" on it. We would pick up the speaker/receiver portion, make sure no one else was talking on the "party line" and then push that button to get the operator's attention. YES, we had to TALK to the operator in order to give her/him...usually her...the party or number we wish to reach. AND, while on the phone, we would also listen for any slight "click" sound that would indicate that someone else on our "party line" had picked up their phone. "Mrs. Smith, please hang up I'm using the phone now...." would be a kind way of telling someone to quit eavesdropping on our a phone call. I even remember part of our phone number. Back then it started with the NAME of an area. Ours was "WArrick" and our number would look like "WA-1000".

So, back then we might even say, "I'll have 'Sarah' ring you to see what you're up to." Or, "I tried to dial you and got no answer."

Mr Cairo likes this.
  8. Dyre Straits

I highly recommend doing the quest involving an old raider near Repton. :)

Mr Cairo likes this.
  9. center_table

center_table Member

Is Assasins creed Valhalla worth playing? My son wants to play it and he actually begs me to buy it for him.

10. Mr Cairo

If he liked any of the previous he will like this thats pretty much all I can say.

BTW I have met a Proto
    Robin Hood and Currently in Asgard

Calliers likes this.
  11. Dyre Straits

Me, too!

Not giving away any spoilers, but, I just want to share how I'M enjoying the game! It matters not if I've taken my crew to do a Raid or if I'm just wondering about on the map. In the instance of raiding, I don't command a raid once we arrive. Rather, I stealthily enter the prohibited area and, one by one, take out the guards and whittle down the number of enemies. Raiding is a lot of fun, too! But, I'd rather not have to spend so much time reviving crew members who get themselves in over their heads. ;)

I'm presently at power level 93 and finished the Oswalt Quest line. Very interesting and challenging.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    Mr Cairo and Calliers like this.
  12. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

After watching this video I completely lost any interest in ever getting this game.

13. Dyre Straits

My playing is on hold until the new XBOX X is available...again. My younger son was wanting XBOXes for his two young boys. So, he bought my older son's and my XBOXes for Christmas gifts for his boys. I'll be out of town beginning tomorrow until sometime Tuesday (29th) and will be on the lookout for a new XBOX once I return.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  14. Dyre Straits

Well, my playing is on hiatus for awhile. :( I sold my XBOX 1 to my younger son hoping...against all hope...that a new XBOX would be available. However, while I was out of town, my older son informed me that our Internet service went kaput! Tech just left a few moments ago. Tree service in the area severed our line two doors up from our house. I'm finally back online at home without having to use my phone's hotspot! Now...to see if there's anyone with a new XBOX Series in the area.

The tech also exchanged our modem for a newer one. We'd been having issues with the old one for awhile.

15. Dyre Straits

I'm BACK!!!
    My older son still had an extra XBOX 1 that he has loaned me until I can acquire my own. :)

Last evening, I traveled to Vinland in order to take down Gorm....the son of the man who killed Eivor's father. Mission Accomplished!

EDITED to ADD:

I have to share just how strategy and stealth can work so well in this game!

Due to restrictions for traveling to Vinland, I had to leave all my gear behind. So, once I arrived there, I had to gather resources and trade them for new gear. Quite time consuming...but a nice little twist to the game.

In order to take down Gorm, who is several power levels above my own, I took my slow sweet time taking down every single enemy around the perimeter of his little fortress. With the ability to arm the dead bodies as traps, I would stealthily move the dead bodies into areas where they would be noticed. A few times, I would put more than one body in that location...and on other instances, also near an exploding container. :D

Once all other enemies were disposed of and trapped, I monitored Gorm's movements. When he was at the far end of his path, I would move bodies into the the near to me portion of the path.

It worked so well, I barely had to fire an arrow at him...and, to top it off, on the last trap, he was on a high walk over bridge and hit the traps...then fell to his death. :D

I only had to confirm the death. :) :D

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    Mr Cairo likes this.
  16. Mr Cairo

Now thats what makes this game so much fun the multiple ways you can do stuff, all the little niggles I had seem to have been patched out and TBH my only annoyance now is that the horse slows down on even the slightest bit of hill

17. Dyre Straits

I take it that you don't always follow the roads, either. ;)

Mr Cairo likes this.
  18. Mr Cairo

Oh no I explore everywhere all the time .. Think I said before its ...

Character "this is a mission of utmost urgency"

Me "ill take it"

Character "hasten for time is short"

Me .."I am on it" then I leave with every intention but on the way I help someone, pick some gold, loot a tomb, do some fishing, explore more and still make it back in time :)

I have 2 other things that niggle now

I was dining at the Yule celebrations and had that woozy video that happens when your drunk but had to quit the game while that Drunk cam was still on , now whenever I first start the game my character is still in that drunk cam stage and it takes a minute to go

the other thing ..

Character "Help"

Me "I can help"

Character "who are you"

ME " I am Eivor Varrinsdotter Son of Odin known as Wolf kissed I have faced down Gods and Beasts and armies my right arm is mighty and wields the axe Boronomier my left arm is mighty and wields the Oaken shield Draven these last 10 days I have travelled from the frozen lands of my fathers to the wetlands of Lundun and my name is feared through out the land ...what can I do to help?"

Character "would you give this love letter to that guy for me

Me " .................................................................................................. Of course"

Dyre Straits likes this.
  19. Dyre Straits

:D

Mr Cairo likes this.
  20. Mr Cairo

I have found Excalibur in an ancient huge cave network ... got to find the bits I need to get that now.

Dyre Straits likes this.