Official Discussion: Assassins' Creed: Valhalla

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Dyre Straits, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I've knocked off several of the members of the Ancients and am now having a difficult time locating others. And, I'm quite bummed that, having purchased the XBOX version, I cannot, for the life of me...figure out how to get screenshots onto my PC! This use to work just dandy when I was playing Destiny and RD2...and others. But, the Windows XBOX app no longer has a link to screenshots and, even though I'm supposedly uploading them to OneDrive, my OneDrive is not showing any! I've always enjoyed sharing screen captures but this is driving me bonkers!

2. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Can't you find them here under My Photos after you log in?

EDIT: I meant the photo mode pics, not the Ancients. Also, photomode <> regular screenshots, but I hope you meant that too. :oops:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  3. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

I have about 5 of the order left to find ad they are proving elusive (im sure 2 are only available as part of the story) for 1 I had to win a drinking game to get a clue and I suck at those to get another I now have to win a dice game and ...I .. just ...cant ..win

Are you reading the clues that you find, I didn't at first but they really helped narrow down their location

Dyre Straits likes this.
  4. Dyre Straits

Reading every single clue, yes! And, I have one with 5 of 6 clues and still cannot identify him. The dice and drinking ones I'll work on a bit later...but eventually will get to them. There are three of them in one area and I still cannot identify them. I had one that attacked me in an area and didn't even know he was an Ancient member until I killed him randomly. ;)

Mr Cairo likes this.
  5. Mr Cairo

Yeah i have had a few randoms and then checked the Order list later and realised I had crossed another name off.

you tried using the bird to find them ...actually can the bird be used to find them ?

Dyre Straits likes this.
  6. Dyre Straits

Tried..the bird is nearly useless to me.

7. Mr Cairo

Agreed they really nerfed the bird in this, TBH the eagle vision is pretty poor as well. Google any help with location ?

8. Dyre Straits

So far, I've limited my Google searches...but once I feel I've exhausted my patience, I'll resort to such. ;)

9. Mr Cairo

I have one order member left to kill and I cannot win at the Dice Game to get the clue :(

10. Dyre Straits

11. Dyre Straits

I have made it to just over 300 Power Level. I'm nearing completion of the main Order members...

Although there are so many DLCs now and forthcoming, I'm about to take a hike to another game. This has been my ONLY focus since November 8. I'm ready for a change of pace... I think! ;)

I also got burned out on Pokemon GO!....after playing for 4 1/2 years. The game got to be so glitchy I was yelling at the phone more than I was enjoying the game.

Edited to add:

I have eliminated all of the main Order members except for The Father, plus 4 of the Zealots.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    Mr Cairo likes this.
  12. Mr Cairo

I now only have the Father to go :)

Like you I have only really played this for a few months now so I will be taking a month off one I kill the Father ... its been fun though

Dyre Straits likes this.
  13. Dyre Straits

Well, after spending more time than I care to calculate, I finally resorted to Googling just how...or WHAT...it takes to get the last clue for The Father. If what I read is accurate, not only does one have to kill the main Order members but also ALL the Zealots! If that is truly the case, I'm about to hang this up and move along. With 5 of the 6 clues in hand, there must be a way to reveal the identity some other way. (In fact, I have a very, VERY good idea as to just who The Father is, but, if I'm right, something about the quest doesn't add up. No spoilers from me here. But, something just doesn't jell if my hunch is correct.)

Mr Cairo likes this.
  14. Mr Cairo

Yeah they all have to die and then you are given the information you need ...some Order members and zeAlots you can find by accident but The Father is a Quest mission

I will admit that I could not win at the Dice game so I googled the location of the Adze ( I think it was ) and just went directly there and killed him

I have finished it and have Mjonolier so what's your Hunch (stick it in Spoiler text) ?

BTW Ubisoft Connect tells me I have 162 hours of gametime in this

15. Dyre Straits

I have 240+ hours in the game.

I have only 4 or 5 zealots left and a couple of those look to be quite challenging. But, I've been doing my due diligence and tracking their route. Once I get that I then find a nice high location on that route, have my quill loaded, my rations maxed and then hit 'em where it hurts as they come into range. I don't know for sure if these last ones will allow me to do it that way as I still have to discern their routes.

BTW, I actually won that dice game on my 3rd attempt. And, it's the ONLY one I've won so far. I use to love the dice game in the original Witcher game.

BTW, which spoiler tags does this site use? It's been ages since I last used them. ;)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Mr Cairo likes this.
  16. Mr Cairo

240 hours is damn impressive, I have a few cairns to build a few songs to catch and some mysteries to find that I have missed then its just clean up the gold

Lost the Dice game about 8 times in a row and gave up.

I think its [ spoiler ] ...... [ /spoiler ]

17. IvanV

18. Dyre Straits

In the spoiler is my suspicion and why it puzzles me...if true.

Thanks for the help. I actually had clicked on that little menu item and didn't quite get its intent.

19. Mr Cairo

What Spoiler ?

Wow that's odd your spoiler does not show up on my screen until I quoted it now I can see it ... but only in the quote box you don't appear to have the little spoiler box in your post.

and Yes I had the same suspicion that at one point that it was Alfred then forgot about it, this game has a LOT of dialogue

20. IvanV

The correct syntax is [ spoiler ] spoiler text [ /spoiler ]
    In Dyre's post, it's [ spoiler="spoiler text" ][ /spoiler ]
    I guess it isn't displayed in any way because there is no text between the opening and the closing tag.
    I checked to see what would happen if there were any and here's the result

Also spoiler text
    :D

I guess it could be used like this
    I think it's the guy with the creamy sauce!