Official Discussion: Assassins' Creed: Valhalla

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Dyre Straits, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Ooh err Matron

2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

This was happening to me, too! I couldn't see it until I went back to try to edit it. Very weird.

3. Dyre Straits

WOW! I've been so focused on going after the Order Members that I nearly overlooked the Vili Hemmingson quest! What a fantastic story!

I have to admit that I got chills and even a lump in the throat during that quest. One of the most immersive, intense, and interesting stories in any game I've ever played! Hats off to those who wrote and contributed to that quest.

Mr Cairo and IvanV like this.
  4. Dyre Straits

There have been some very interesting developments in the game the past few sessions.

Sigurd has given his blessing on Eivor's leadership.

Basim isn't who we thought he was....or is/was he? ;)

And, along with Sigurd, made a trip to Valhalla...

Mr Cairo likes this.
  5. Mr Cairo

yeah that was a good moment well played out

Dyre Straits likes this.
  6. Dyre Straits

There have been some very intriguing surprises as of late....

With Layla off in the unknown and Basim showing up, he's now following Eivor's memories...and I'm betwixt letting him and kicking him out of the Animus! I'm not liking the character at all!

BTW, I figured out what I missed in the previous spoiler...there's a separation between the TITLE...and the Content of the spoiler. :)

7. Mr Cairo

Yeah oddly enough neither my son or myself are a fan either and the other thing I noticed is the end of Odyssey finished in exactly the same place at the cabin the real world story is advancing at a very slow pace

The other thing Im not liking is I am really missing some proper old fashioned Parkour (think Syndicate may have been the last to use rooftops properly) and Some real "get in assassinate this guy and only this guy and then get out missions" that are actual missions not just a gameplay choice by me

IvanV likes this.
  8. Dyre Straits

According to my PC XBOX app, so far:

Total Kills: 5,492
    Distance Traveled: 1,393,217 (not sure if Miles or KMs)
    Total Power Level: 346
    Total Progress: 84%
    Achievements: 26

It doesn't show, but, I know over 260 hours played to date.

9. Mr Cairo

Thats pretty impressive I will have to check mine out

Dyre Straits likes this.
  10. Dyre Straits

I'm down to the last one of the Zealots now. It seems I unwittingly got some help on one of them this evening. I was close to a bandit camp when one zealot began to stalk me. I ran into the camp to get to a high elevation. I was able to shoot him with a couple of fire arrows and, it seems to me that some of the bandits actually started attacking him, too! The next thing I knew, he was dead and all I had to do was clear out enough of the bandits in order to confirm the kill.

I have also, except for one...or maybe two areas...collected all the wealth for the districts. One of them I know I lack one bar of wealth is East Anglia. There, I have to fight some sisters in order to get a key for that last treasure chest.

11. Mr Cairo

I have not played for about 2 weeks now just want a little rest from it before jumping back in to do that final clear up before any new DLC drops (the clean up will not include the songs on the maps I have had some real trouble catching those)

12. Dyre Straits

One of the BIG disappointments while playing this game on XBOX is the trouble I've had trying to share screenshots! It's still a PITA!...while it should be as simple as clicking the correct button/combination and be done with it! It USE to be easy through the PC XBOX app...but, the screenshot icon no longer shows up for me. Does it for anyone else?

Anyway, this shot was done while viewing at full screen in the game, clicking on the PRTSCN key on the PC keyboard, pasting into Photo editor, saving it and then posting it here. The game is gorgeous...and more so at certain times of the day.

Valhalla-Sunset.jpg

13. Dyre Straits

For all practical purposes, I've finished the game...and the story. Yay, me!!! :)

I was expecting the last Zealot (ranked 340 power level) to be pretty tough. My character is at 367 power level. The previous ones were in the 280 power level.

Having had the aid of bandits against one of them, I devised a little strategy before tracking down mister 340.

Well, there were no bandit camps nearby. :) So, plan 2 came into action. (Actually, a development on the fly, as it were.)

Mister 340 wasn't moving a lot. I kept tracking him and finally worked my way closer to where I could monitor his location. As I hid not too far away in the bushes, some soldiers/scouts came down the road. Aha!!!

So, out of the bushes and up to the rear of the scouting foursome I went...and down they went quite quickly.

Mister 340 was still just over the rise and not moving.

While he was mostly stationary, I went to my downed enemies and placed them close together on the road and trapped their bodies.

Having completed that task, I then went up to the rise in the road and got Mister 340's attention with some well-placed fiery arrows!

He started moving toward me as I kept backing away and firing fiery arrows at him.

He started throwing fiery "grenades" at me...which stunned me briefly.

I then moved away past the downed and trapped bodies lying in the roadway. He hesitated, but, a few more fiery arrows from me got him angry enough and "boom" one trapped body explodes...and a stunned Mister 340 goes to his knees. And, a few quick blows from my axes to his stunned frame whittled his health down a notch or two.

He eventually was damaged by all four of the trapped bodies and I kept going after him with fiery arrows until my quiver was depleted.

From that point, it was only a matter of a few more hefty and quick blows from my duel-wielded axes that put an end to his very hefty frame.

Mr Cairo and IvanV like this.
  14. Dyre Straits

BTW, just to add: My suspicions as to who The Father was, was right on the money. However, how I had to deal with him was quite a surprise.

15. Dyre Straits

Did you spend much time in Asgard? I actually only went there twice and couldn't, for whatever reason, determine what that had to do with Eivor's story.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  16. Mr Cairo

Yeah i finished the Asgard storyline I don't think it had any real bearing on the main story as 90% of the time your someone else, I think it was the best way to get the gods in without breaking reality too much. Didnt love it didnt hate it

Dyre Straits likes this.