Official Games on Sale thread

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by comp_ali, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

2. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Get Assassin's Creed Unity for free!

Ubisoft is donating to the reconstruction effort while at the same time making the game available for free for everyone for a week. Get it between 16:00 on the 17th of April and 9:00 on the 25th (your local time) and keep it permanently. link

The game comes with my recommendation for the interesting main missions and side quests (some of the best side quests of the series!) and a great rendition of Paris during the revolutionary turmoil, with tons of NPCs and probably the highest percentage of (non mission related) buildings that you can actually enter, making it feel more like an actual city and less like stage backdrop (these things were, for example, significantly cut down in AC Syndicate and the later ones don't have cities on even nearly such a large scale, so it's good stuff). Also, a modern system should make the game run well and look pleasing to the eye.

As for the bugs for which this game is notorious, it's not broken like it was at launch, but you may expect to have to occasionally restart a mission (checkpoint? it's been a while, but I think it's checkpoint) because the game messed something up irreparably (like a key NPC managing to noclip through a wall end getting stuck). But you won't be falling through the roofs every 20 minutes or see people with half of their flesh missing or have coaches spawning on rooftops like when it launched.

3. IvanV

Divide by Sheep free on Steam!

I personally own the game and recommend it, so whatcha waiting for? Quirky idea, fun puzzles, mostly easy as far as I remember, but some should make you think a bit.

Trusteft, Tipstaff and niceguyrichy like this.
  4. IvanV

Origin is having a nice sale.

I grabbed Battlefield 1 and I can say that I like it a lot, at least the single player part that I've tried so far (I've gone through the prologue and most of the first of the 5 proper missions). The shooting is nice, the gameplay in general is fun, with lots of different weapons and gear and of course vehicles and destructible environment, which are all there to make the game more interesting without making it mechanically complicated; the atmosphere is good, the cutscenes are well done and do a good job of putting the player into the context and creating the atmosphere of the Great War, which carries over into the missions. The graphics are great with the game running awesomely maxed out on the RX 580 and the sound is completely on par with a Hollywood blockbuster.

BTW, currently, the price is 4.99€ for the base game - which means single player plus the set of maps that came out with the game (the first DLC used to be free for all for a limited time after release, but no more) and 9.99€ is for the Revolution edition, which includes all of the DLCs released after the game (multiplayer stuff only - new maps in new settings, with appropriate vehicles and weapons), plus some goodies. If you think that you're ever going to play the multiplayer (it's past its peak population, but still active), get the Revolution edition, because it's just 5€ more for all of the map packs, whereas the Premium Pass that contains them is 12€, and that's on sale.

EDIT: The single player is comprised of 5 missions (not counting the prologue) which are fairly long. What I don't like is that there are no manual saves so if you have to take a break mid-mission the game will return you to a checkpoint when you continue. Also, unless I'm wrong, it doesn't exactly save your position, but rather the game state (what you have collected, what enemies are dead...) and spawns you in some safe spot.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  5. IvanV

Hey there, @niceguyrichy and other folk with similar inclinations, there is a Humble Train Simulator Bundle going on, so go there and see if it's for you!

6. Calliers

There aren't any news stories on these games, but just go into the Steam store and search for them as they are currently free there:

- Deiland
    - Drawful 2
    - Headsnatchers

I also don't know how long they will be free for, however I did snag them today.

7. IvanV

So far, it's little more than a rumour, but apparently Assassin's Creed II will be free as of the 14th this month on Uplay.

I wholeheartedly recommend this game!

It's a great game where they nailed 99% of the classical AC game mechanic (assassinations, free-running, combat, stealth of sorts...). Unlike the last couple of AC games, this one doesn't take 60, 90 or 100+ hours, which, in a way, is a plus as it's a much higher concentration content (and much more manageable). In the same sense, I like this game's side quest to main mission content ratio, which is such that the optional missions bring you some (mostly) fun diversion from the main plot while helping you familiarize yourself with the surroundings, without taking you off the main path for so long that you forget where you were and what you were doing.

Visually, I haven't fired it up recently, but, thanks to good design based on wonderful real world locations, the last time I checked, it was standing the test of time just fine. Last but not the least, apart from our boy Ezio, for whom I couldn't find any data, the renaissance part of the story is really well entrenched in historic facts (even some moments that look a bit over the top) and the present part and where the two meet together is some A grade conspiracy stuff.

EDIT: So, for a great historic mystery/modern conspiracy story, fun gameplay, intriguing world, some neat puzzles and nice sound and visuals (running on a potato - at the time, I played it on a dual core CPU and a Radeon 4670 maxed out at 1080p), that will keep you hooked, check Uplay this Tuesday!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    Calliers and Dyre Straits like this.
  8. Calliers

Yup, I will definitely be picking this one up. This, Total War: Shogun 2 on Steam from the 16th and Just Cause 4 also on the 16th onward on the Epic Store, I already have Assassins Creed Unity and Assassins Creed Syndicate in my backlog however lol.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  9. IvanV

I'd do them in the chronological order. AC II is the shortest, you can easily go through it in a week or two and see if you get hooked.

Calliers likes this.
  10. Calliers

I currently have Unity installed, I'll get round to it, one day. ;)

(and I'll do it in chronological order as you have suggested)

11. IvanV

Unity is a sweet game too, now that they've removed the worst game breaking bugs.

Calliers likes this.
  12. IvanV

The giveaway is active! If you still see the price listed, just click on the game and there should be a "Get it free" button:

ACII.PNG

Also on Uplay, you can get Rabbids Coding (I think it teaches programming to kids) and Might and Magic Chess Royale (whaaat? sounds weird, I might check it out).

Attached Files:

• ACII.PNG
      ACII.PNG
      File size:
      410.6 KB
      Views:
  13. Calliers

Got it.

14. IvanV

Nice! Time to start kicking butt and seducing Italian ladies!

Calliers likes this.
  15. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Calliers likes this.
  16. IvanV

Hitman - The Complete First Season is free on the PlayStation Store - link. :)

Calliers and Dyre Straits like this.
  17. Calliers

Child of Light, Assassin's Creed II and Rayman Legends are currently free on UPlay until May 5th. :)

IvanV likes this.
  18. Calliers

GRAB ASHES OF THE SINGULARITY: ESCALATION FREE ON HUMBLE

IvanV likes this.
  19. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I just signed in to my Ubisoft account and noticed this: Odyssey and Egypt Discovery Tours are free through 5/20. I just barely got these in time.

These are not playable games, but, rather the educational version for touring the ancient worlds and their important historical sites.

IvanV likes this.
  20. Calliers

Yeah I posted this in news.

IvanV likes this.