Official Grand Theft Auto V thread

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Tipstaff, Sep 17, 2013.

1. CJLMTLCA

CJLMTLCA Ti > IT

That's fine. You don't feel the need to stand in line. I didn't, although, if i wasn't working, i would have gone in the morning and then rush home and play a little.

So guys i remember reading about how R* revolutionized the minimap with III(?) and that they would do it again with V, so what did they do? Haven't watched too many vids of the game, but i did see that it looks like a map you would see with a GPS mapping app?

2. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

OMFG! I am having the worst year.

I don't know if it's GTA V pushing my 360 Slim E to it's graphical limits, or that the 360 Slim E has an issue outputting to 1080i, but here I am for the 2nd time in a row with an F'D up 360!

The last time my 360 died (a launch days system, btw) it was after having played GTA IV for a couple hours a day, every day for a week, and here I am again with a system that, after 2 weeks of playing GTA V almost every day, is giving me non-stop graphical issues at anything above 480p. Image shifting, vertical hold issues, snow, horizontal lines that look like they are scraping across the screen, signal lose (completely blank screen), mosaic screens... and that's just the console screen. ARGH!!

So pissed off a Microsoft. I'm getting this thing replaced tomorrow, and if it screws ups again I'm opening my PS3 SE copy of GTA V. Shit... might do it regardless...

3. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

I hope you will buy a PS4 instead of an Xbone as well. You might save yourself a lot of trouble doing that.

I still haven't gotten GTA 5, I've finally decided after a few weeks of sitting on the fence that I will be waiting for it to come out on PC even if that takes donkey years.

4. Tipstaff

If I do, PS4, but not until maybe March next year. Just can't afford it right now.

So, I got home and realized the store gave me a 360 S, not E, and since I swapped the system only, not the system AND psu, I'm stuck until Monday. Guess we'll see if I can get through the weekend without cracking open the case for the PS3 version.

5. Calliers

It seems there are a lot of issues with GTA 5, I think the choice I made makes sense, to wait until a PC version comes out. By then they would have solved most, if not all the problems they're having right now.

6. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

I think all the issues they're facing a mainly due to capacity, can't imagine how you plan for 10 million people landing on your servers and probably remaining on them :D

Aside from the initial problem of not being able to connect, since the patch I've not had any issues in the open-world sessions and I've been in a lot of races/missions with only a handful failing.

7. Calliers

I guess another advantage of waiting to play it on PC would be keyboard and mouse, that combination just can't be beat. :p

8. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I disagree. Keyboard and mouse never felt right for any GTA game from 3 and later. Of course if you prefer them, that's up to you.

As for waiting for a PC version of it, again up to you. If they do release it on the PC it will most likely be another rental, I mean Steam, game so I am not certain I will buy it or not unless I buy it for 2$ 5 years from now or something.

I have seen several videos of the game on YT, almost none from the storyline, and I have to say it looks fantastic. Whenever I do manage to get it (PS3), I plan on spending hours on just exploring the world.

I am curious what they will be able to accomplish with the higher tech on the PS4. For GTA 6 or whatever other open world game they come up with.

I do wish they would come with a first person game.

9. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

One problem I have with kb/m is that my mouse hand/arm goes numb during heavy combat. I still play games that support only kb/m but I have to take breaks very frequently to get the feeling back in my hand and arm. This has been happening for about 2 years or so now.

10. Calliers

That's too bad. Hopefully it doesn't get any worse. Keyboard and mouse is truly the way to go in FPS games, strategy games and third person games for me.

11. Calliers

Just got GTA V,bringing it home now. :)

12. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

So which car did you take to bring it home in? Not a Blista Compact I hope.

:uhoh:

13. Calliers

I take it that's one of the cars in the game, haven't played it yet but looking forward to it tomorrow.

14. Calliers

Well, I've been having lots of fun in GTA V Online, one could say that the game is two games in one, I love the fact that the characters seem to have their own lives and they progress as you play, I won't post any spoilers but for anyone who was holding off buying this game because you thought you wouldn't be able to get used to the controls as you're used to PC gaming, go out and buy it! It's controls are easy to learn and get used to, and if you don't have an Xbox 360 or PS3 to play it with, go out and buy one, it's that good. :)

15. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

Haha, good to know you're enjoying it! If I see you online I'll be sure to pop a few caps in you ;)

16. Calliers

Not if I do it first! :p

17. Tipstaff

There are 3 ways to interpret this response:

1) Cal is going to cap himself first in order to deny craig the kill. (DENIAL! :p:dead:)
    2) Cal meant to say, "Not if I do you first!" (right response, but can be misinterpreted real easy... unless... that's what he meant to say :hmm:).
    3) Cal meant to say, "Not if I cap you first!"

I'm leaning towards 1 or 2.

18. Calliers

Go play in the traffic Tipstaff. :lol:

19. Tipstaff

:D :p

20. Calliers

I take back what I said about GTA 5 on PS3/Xbox 360, the controls make the game hard for anyone that is used to PC controls, I think this may be the first GTA I don't finish since 3.