Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R thread !

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by ViRuS2k, Mar 18, 2007.

1. TV addict#2

TV addict#2 New Member

Main Quest Mission
    "Find the missing keycode to secret lab" is where I'm at and I have to give a positive review for this game,looks good with good game play so far
    I must have a tractor brute system,I have ran all thru at 2560x1600 with high detail nice and smooth

2. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

posts like this don't add anything to the discussion. Tell me why it sucked so badly? Personally i think it's pretty fun. The radiation thing is worked out good , weapons handle great. Only things i didnt like so far were the slow walking.. even with running it takes ages to get somewhere... getting shot is not fun either.. you can count on it that you will die a good amount of times...

3. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Ya it definitely does not suck, if you've finished it then it's hard not to rank it up there with Half Life 2...even the endings are about the same quality (well, they suck).

4. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Is the game worth $34.99 US?

5. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

If they fixed the damn bugs and performance issues and release the 1.0002 patch then it would be worth 60.00. The russians already have a 1.00002 patch. Why is the US getting the patch weeks after them? I am not sure if that particular patch is related to a specific russian release problem or not. I have lost interest enough to even research it. You can lose hours and hours playing this game and not even realize it. Then you run into stupid little crap and have constant performance problems and it reminds you that we are playing a beta game that they needed to collect some funds on to be able to finish it. The single player is probably 85% done and the multiplayer is probably 60% done. 99% of the reasons I bought the game were for the multiplayer game.

6. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

IMO it's definitely worth $35 bucks, not sure I could say that if it was $60.

7. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

Considering I can't get it to run for more then 2 min without it just dumping me to desktop... I'd so no.. it's not worth ANY price. :(

Don't mind me.. I'm still bitter.

8. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

I hear ya man, I had game breaking bugs and non stop peformance issues the first time out. A few weeks later I reinstalled, patched and managed to go start to finish without any of those problems. That kind of inconsistency really pisses people off :mad:

9. phantommenace2

phantommenace2 hexa-core gamer

S.T.A.L.K.E.R 1.0003 Patch released

GSC has finally released the much-anticipated 1.0003 Patch for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. The patch contains a range of bug fixes for both single and multiplayer, and also includes widescreen and Vista compatibility fixes, and a new demo recording command. Importantly you can use your saved games from the previous version after applying this patch...

http://www.fileshack.com/browse.x?cat=3994

***your saved games will only work if you have the 1.0001 patch installed, if not then your saved games will be erased

10. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update, think I'll finally install it.

11. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

I installed the 1.0003 patch and still have one of the most common bugs. NO freaking crosshair! I am on a totally new system and install of my OS and fresh install of the game. I have tried starting the game from the beginning and with my 1.0001 saves. This game is on its way to the trash can.

12. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

MRBUSA disable AF on nvidia. Last night I read the release notes of the latest XP drivers for the 8800 series and it is a known problem/conflict.

EDIT: It is the anti aliasing, not the AF. Just disable it and try it.

To make it clear, disable AA on nvidia control panel (where you are forcing AA). It should be ok if you have application preference and then choose AA from within the game. At least that is what the release notes say, I don't have the game.

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  13. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

Thx,
    I turned off AA and now I have a crosshair. I had to completely turn it off in the drivers and the game options before it worked. What is funny is I had the same exact problem on my x1950pro and there was nothing in the catalyst driver release notes about it being a common problem.

14. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Another game ruined by complete morons designing the control scheme of the game.

Keep it simple STUPID! The way it is now is completely idiotic.. No, I do not want to reach over to the number keys to change the things I am holding, (stuck on Binoculars, bleh) just let us freaking scroll through it all with the mouse wheel.. WTF!?! That is just the tip of the iceberg if the problems with the controls unfortunately, a damn shame. Why do these game dev companies always try to reinvent the wheel?

15. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

My only complaint about the controls was the crouch and then crouch more buttons. What genius thought it would be a good idea for people to play Twister on their keyboard?

16. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I actually played it for about 9 hors so far.. There is a lot to like about the game actually.. but yes that crouch and crouch more is completely ridiculous. My fingers and hand still hurt. I also find it crazy that in the middle of combat you haver to go though an inventory page without the game paused to switch weapons. I could through down a gun and grab another off my back in real life faster than you can navigate through the inventory page.

17. |2A|N

|2A|N SE7EN57

This game is a mess on Vista, is it me or do game developers always release unfinished products "meaning half assed", I mean what ever happen to quality before quantity, 5 years in the making and this game is hardly what I could have expected, IMO.

18. coffee_nut

coffee_nut New Member

s.t.a.l.k.e.r.

Well I have the game which I find not too bad ,I compared it against far cry
    the graphics are just as good as far cry,I feel it needes a bit more of a tweak to the game for playing the more I play it the more I can see where it is lacking in performance.

All up I will let you know once I have finished playing the game.

19. coffee_nut

coffee_nut New Member

I think vista is your problem ,It has alot of bugs to wash out.
    I personally would not touch vista with a 10ft pole ,I know other people with problems with vista.

Get xp pro it performs bettter and is reliable.

20. coffee_nut

coffee_nut New Member

I have had the same thing happend to me i have played the game for 1 week I hate that you do not have a quick select button for the game.

I like the game but it needes the bugs washed out and more improvments are required.