Ok Ok ! I am clueless as to what to do first!

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by dianalynn43, Jan 21, 2007.

1. dianalynn43

dianalynn43 New Member

Hi. I am new here and so is the program that I just purchased (DriverCleaner.Net)

I have no idea on what to do first let alone what to do at all. I just wanted to delete the mess I have been making (Uninstalling, Update, Rolling Back and such) and start over.

I have read the readme files and all the other stuff starting with the welcome page and I am still so clueless as to what to do from beginning to end.

Hope that you can help me.

Thanks

Diana

2. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

I think you want to uninstall your videocard driver and clean it and then install a new version.

This are the steps you should follow:
    1. Unplug nic card or modem from net or disconnect
    2. Remove driver from add/remove programs
    3. Reboot into safe mode (F8 during boot up)
    4. On reboot into safe mode WinXP SP1/SP2 will auto detect and install drivers. Just let it do its thing. If you can cancel out of the auto install hardware wizard then skip the rest and run Driver Cleaner! If you can NOT cancel out of auto detect wizard then...
    5. Navigate to device manager->select the category->uninstall and/or remove but do not reboot
    6. Disable any AntiVirus Software (If you don't disable is than it could give trouble)
    7. Run Driver Cleaner
    8. Empty recycle bin and reboot
    9. Install the new driver

For step 2 are here 2 examples

- Example ATI Display Driver
    In the Add or Remove Programs window select ATI - Software Uninstall Utility, this will uninstall the ATI Control Panel or ATI Catalyst Control Center, the ATI Display Driver and the ATI - Software Uninstall Utility. If there is no ATI - Software Uninstall Utility entry then uninstall the ATI Display Driver and ATI Control Panel or ATI Catalyst Control Center.

- Example NVIDIA Display Driver
    In the Add or Remove Programs window select the entry similar to NVIDIA Graphics Drivers or NVIDIA Display Drivers.
    It is possible that the only entry is NVIDIA Drivers, if that is the only entry then select that. A new window will open with Remove NVIDIA Components. At that window select Remove only the following and check NVIDIA Display Driver now only the display driver will be removed.

By step 7 for nVidia Display Driver select nVidia
    By step 7 for ATI Display Driver select ATI and ATI CCC

3. dianalynn43

dianalynn43 New Member

hey Spike....thanks for the reply. I had a feeling that was what I was to do first.......but what about all the other stuff like the live update stuff and the cab stuff? I don't understand in what order I am to do the other strff???

4. Spike

Best is to run Live Update always before you start with the steps, so you know that you have the latest updates.

Then start following the steps.

In step 7 you can run Cab Cleaner. It is in the tools menu from Driver Cleaner.

In step 7 run Driver Cleaner and goto Cab Cleaner. Let it clean all cab files it lists. After that is done you can close Cab Cleaner and you are back in Driver Cleaner, now select the filter you want to use and start that.

5. dianalynn43

dianalynn43 New Member

Great........I will try this and see what happens.......Hope that all this helps. Thanks for your help. And, sorry for the pc illitercy and my spelling.

6. g3b

g3b New Member

Where is the driver version check.NET?

I have a question relating to the driver version check.NET. Is it part of the Driver Cleaner.NET. If so where do you access it? I have DCleaner.NET version 3.2.1.0 purchased when it first came out. Thanks for your response in advance.

g3b

7. Spike

Hi,

Driver Version Check is part of DC.NET. The icon to run it is in a sub folder Tools so like All Programs > Driver Cleaner.NET > Tools there is the shortcut to start it.

8. g3b

g3b New Member

Thanks Spike, I was looking for the tool in the cleaner interface ... no wonder I couldn't find it!@#!
    Thanks again for your quick response! g3b