Old customer need to re-download PE...

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner Platinum Edition Support' started by Grand Morph, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Grand Morph

Grand Morph New Member

Hi guys,

Hoping you could help? I bought PE about 3 years ago, and have now lost my download (have all my license details though :bleh: ) due to data corruption on an aging external HDD that it was stored on

Just wondering where I can re-downolad PE? It also occured to me if it's be worth investing in the .NET version over the PE edition?

I need to reinstall DriverCleaner, as I've just put together my new PC with Vista. So as I'm using Vista, would the newer version be worthwhile?

Cheers in advance guys :p

Grand Morph

2. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Hi there and welcome to DriverHeaven!

I think that the PE edition isn't no longer supported at all, no updates to the cleaning filters etc...
    If you installed newest drivers from the net when you moved to Vista then I would say that you don't need the DC asap. But the .NET is tested that it works with Vista. I'm not sure would the PE work with Vista as well as the .NET does.

3. Grand Morph

Grand Morph New Member

Really Appreciated!

Thanks temeteus :) ! Didn't know that the PE edition wasn't supported, so it was worth me posting just for that little nugget...I reckon it'll be best to part with a few £'s and get the .NET version then...

Thanks again!

GM

4. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Hi if you still want the donload for the platinum version then send me a pm with the name and email address used the purchase.

The Platinum edition is indeed not updated anymore, because the new changes to the filters are not working on the PE version unless i would rewrite the program. But the program itself will not function right on Vista so that is why the .NET version is made and tested on Vista and XP and such. So best advice is when you are using Vista to buy the new program. The .NET version will be supported long because the .NET Framework works on XP, Vista and also upcomming windows versions and also on some older windows versions.

Hope this answers your question.

5. Alex

Alex Driverheaven Lover

Worth the money, the old PE doesn't really work right in Vista and I upgraded and its great. I had a terrible time with that free driversweeper program at guru3d. You guys made the original and the best.

6. Grand Morph

Grand Morph New Member

Big thanks!

Hi Spike,

Sure does mate! Well, after a few mins deliberation, I decided to opt for the new .NET version (which I purchased last night :D ) as I needed to get rid of the WHQL drivers so I could give the Extreme-G driver a whirl.

Nice stuff! Worked a treat :)

Thanks again guys for the kind advice and help; really appreciated...

GM

7. Grand Morph

Grand Morph New Member

Would agree wholeheartedly! Deffo worth the £5 I paid (and I'll try not to lose it this time :duh: )...

All the very best,

GM

8. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Grand Morph, if you would loose it then just send me an email or pm with the name and email you used to purchase it and i can resend the email with the registration details and download link.

9. Grand Morph

Grand Morph New Member

Real sorry for the delay in responding (still messin' with the new Vista PC :duh: )...

But cheers buddy, that's really appreciated. Will drop you a line if I need help again - thanks ever so much for the kind gesture Spike! Anyway's, have a great weekend too...

GM