Old video card keys still in registry

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by DCS, Jul 24, 2011.

1. DCS

DCS New Member

Hi, I have a problem with registry keys pointing to my old 2900XT remaining in the system AND a good many of my games dont see anything but the 2900, and not the 5770 that is actually in there now. I have the drivers of course up to date, and run my standard custom clean profile, which was basically every ati header in DC, and the 2900 wont go away.

I manually deleted as many 2900 keys as I could but one major one, I was not able to to delete anything in the entire entry

Is DC not able to handle this situation? or am I perhaps useing DC incorrectly(I dont belive thats the case but...)

As far as the the driver itself goes, I quite satfisied that DC has done the standard clean part fine-preformance is good and all that, but again, im hung on traces of the old card that I cant atm, seem to get rid off fully.

Windows7-64Bit

2. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

We are indeed aware that some registry keys are not deleted. This is due to some registry protection and permissions. I am loking into options in setting those to be able to delete them, but in windows 7 and Vista work different with that.