Omega 2.6.25a not working with Battlefield2?

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by methodfilter, Jun 27, 2005.

1. methodfilter

methodfilter New Member

I notice while running the above mentioned Omega drivers for my ATix850XT PE that I had some glitches. What happens is in the middle of gameplay some objects will all of the sudden turn black (eg. a shurb or wall or a static train). Also, when I go to bring up the scope on my gun, instead of a zoomed in view I get a big black rectangle. Then when I go into the menu after his has happened all the text has become black and shadowy like and I can't read it. Sometimes the game will crash after this and sometimes it will go back to normal. I unloaded the Omega drivers and installed the Windows 5.6 Cat's and everything seems to work fine. Is anyone else having this problem as it maybe just something that's being fixed for the new version or is something wrong with my PC? I really want to use the omega drivers as the Cat 5.6's keep messing up my tv tuner card.

My Specs are
    AMD FX-53
    2 GB's DDR400 PC3200 Ram
    ATi x850XT Platinum Edition
    Asus A8V Deluxe MoBo
    Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
    Thanks!

2. swatX

swatX ba|\|\|ed

you are recommended to run atleats cat 5.6 for battlefield 2

3. methodfilter

methodfilter New Member

Ok I guess I'll just wait patiently for the new Omega's then and hopefully all my problems with BF2 and my tv wonder elite!

Thanks!

4. Garvonis

Garvonis New Member

I'm not waiting for Omega, so I'm getting that dhzer0point driver that just came out. But don't trip, I'm still a fan of Omegadrivers, I'll just get it when it comes out.

5. Ulric

Ulric New Member

When and if Omega decides to release his new drivers, there will be plenty of other "just as good" alternatives. I hope he realizes this by the time all of his "fans" have migrated to a different, more frequently-updated set. Omega, wake up.

6. BIG_FREAK

BIG_FREAK New Member

I was using the Omega 2.6.25a Drivers and BF2 worked fine a few texture Problems but all in all worked fine.

going to try the DHZP tonight she how they shine on the BF2 sauce :)

7. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

I would use Cat 5.6 instead of omegadrivers until omega 5.6 are out. Gonna try these DH drivers out on Bf2 myself.

8. BIG_FREAK

BIG_FREAK New Member

omegaRED how do you like your x800xl?

9. methodfilter

methodfilter New Member

Yea I'm going to try these other drivers as well, but won't have a chance to test them on BF2 until tomorrow. My biggest problem is that the ATi 5.6 Cat drivers make my TV Wonder Elite card go weird. Whenever Im watching tv on a quiarter or half screen it like skips, delays and pauses as soon as I load anything. I never had that problem with my E-Home tv card but the new one is really glitchy. I emailed ATI and all they said was use older drivers for now. So it was either get one driver and play BF2 with glitchy tv, or the old driver and watch tv fine but have glitchy BF2. So I hope these DHZP drivers work fine and I can go on peacefully :)

10. frostrambler

frostrambler New Member

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I was running regular Catalyst 5.6 drivers, then I installed the new omega 5.6 drivers, and I started getting those black textures (on the hillsides especially and on weapons etc). I reverted back to regular 5.6 and its gone. Why are the omega 5.6's causing this?

11. methodfilter

methodfilter New Member

Yea I still got it too, tried a million different things, nothing :(

12. BaZoon

BaZoon New Member

i get "kicked" out of the game [to windows] after a short time of playing.. now why is that?

13. john_penn

john_penn New Member

Yes to Methodfilter: did same thing concerning Omega

:)I was getting the exact same issues with Omega drivers. I mean exactly what you were saying with the black squares and all. Uninstalled them and went back to ATI catalyst. Everything works fine now. In fact, it even made my computer reboot in Daqing Oilfields. I got bad on that map, bushes were black, helicopter rotary area was black squares.

neo4 platinum motherboard brand new
    athl64 939 3000+ brand new
    x800xl ati radeon brand new
    1.5 gb Corsair 400mhz ram
    430watt psu
    winxp sp2

14. homeboye

homeboye Banned

i use .25a and 9600, it worx fine for me

15. UnIcOrN

UnIcOrN Active Member

It seems to me that everyone with an X800 series and upwards have a lot of problems. Got the same problems everyone else mentioned here.

Tried the 5.4 - 5.5 - 5.6 - Omega 5.4 - Omega 5.6
    No luck at all. Every single driver gives problems and no workaround sofar.
    The game is great but with these annoying errors and bugs it is hard not to sell it to someone else.

16. frostrambler

frostrambler New Member

The Cat 5.7's should finally fix it. Hopefully the omega 5.7s will work with it too.

The wierd thing is, the Cat 5.6 works fine with it, the Omega 5.6 does not (black textures).

So thats kind of wierd isnt it?

17. methodfilter

methodfilter New Member

I have a x850 XT PE and only Omega's gave me issues. I find that NGO drivers work the best for BF2. But I'm kinda glad now I'm not the only one with the problems because I thought I might of had a faulty card. Though I guess it wouldn't be the card's problem if its only the omega drivers that give it those bugs and only in BF2.

18. racingx

racingx New Member

I got the same black textures on the helicopter blades and when I zoom in with a weapon sometimes on my x800xt with the stock Cats5.6 and CCC from ATI. I noticed it only seems to happen with all settings high and dynamic shadows enabled with a 1280x1024 resoluton and 4xAA. Ground textures would start to turn black also then my video would feeze and my hard drive would thrash like crazy the video would then go back to normal the rest of the game. Now this is with 1gig of RAM I was experiencing this once I upgraded to 2gigs of RAM the problem went away. This seems to be a problem with AGP Texture memory and the way the drivers load textures from the Arperture once bf2 uses all physical RAM. Who knows? I just hope it gets fixed.