Omega 4.3?

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by inet, Mar 13, 2004.

1. wk357mag

wk357mag Banned

He didnt know, than said he was sorry, so I think we can all let it go.

Now back to the latest Omega's, Woot woot! cant wait, but willing too, as it can only mean he is working on perfection :drool:

2. Max Powerz

Max Powerz New Member

FF7? Lol, you still play that on computer? Why not run it on an emulator, or better yet, buy a playstation and the game for $10 and play it.

3. NatoMan

NatoMan New Member

Hell yeah, Im also a HUGE fan of FF7...

It works perfectly on my machine. Just finished it ;)
    All chars lvl 99, 9999hp, all 4x slash with hp,luck +50% +Final attack paired with phoenix or revive
    and 2x of all master materias +2 golden chocobos. and all does 9999 dmg :p, I dont think theres anything about the game i dont know of or hate.
    The game is just perfect :)
    But......
    It plays in software.

8bit palletted textures for president!

4. Dreakon

Dreakon New Member

Re: Dreakon???

Sorry if I am going off topic, but yes thats me. Can you blame me? The flamers on that forum are growing too much. With every new patch we have over a page worth of complaints that don't go anywhere. Just "Ubi sucks" and "Why don't they make a patch right". My suggestion is make a forum where people can discuss amoungst themselves how sucky Ubi is and leave us so we can actually talk about Raven Shield. And the link is in my sig, if there was something wrong with that I would've been told one way or another. Besides my sites been down for a while...

I apologized for how I acted here, I didn't realize that ChrisW made a tool that will be included with the new drivers. Noob mistake I guess. I don't apologize for how I acted at The Platoon.

Thats exactly how I feel :D
    It seems theres nothing Omega can do to add it though. Guess we will have to hope that ATI eventually decides to add it...

5. SaberZ

SaberZ -Android Fanatic-

I am using an ATI Radeon 9500 Pro, I was able to get FFVIII working, not FFVII though.

6. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

FYI: 8-bit paletted textures ARE NOT AVAILABLE on ATI drivers, thus, can't be enabled.
    Also, FF7 only uses paletted textures for the SHADOW of the characters, nothing else and in order to run it on XP you just have to patch it using the TNT2 patch.

BTW, The drivers will be ready "When done..." ;)

7. Max Powerz

Max Powerz New Member

Does "when done"=tomorrow?

8. Roadee

Roadee Never forgotten

"when done" means exactly that......when he gets them done.....he will post them.....not until. If you would like to PAY him a nice hefty hourly wage, he might think about getting them done sooner. But as it stands, he is doing it for FREE....and you get them for FREE. So just cross your fingers and wait for them to be posted.

9. Max Powerz

Max Powerz New Member

Does he have one of those paypal dealies?

10. Roadee

Roadee Never forgotten

Go to: Omega site

Scroll to the bottom........click on "Make A Donation"......feel free to make a donation. If you want to see what it would take to get it out sooner......think ALOT OF MONEY:D

Keep in mind that he works on the drivers in his spare time, he does have a day job just like everyone else. Just having patience is the best thing that you can do.

11. Wounded Paw

Wounded Paw Crust-grind-punk bastard

Can I just ask once more, if at all possible, can we get this set to work properly with 2 monitors. Everything since 3.7 has been messed up in one way or another. Don't get me wrong, I love Omega drivers and they work fine if I disable one monitor before starting a game but I didn't have to do this in older sets.

12. inet

inet New Member

Multi monitors works fine in omega 4.2s. U dont see anyone complaining about it because the problem is only on your machine.

Try uninstalling the drivers, then use drivercleaner to remove the rest, then reinstalling omega4.2s

13. Wounded Paw

And of course I never would have thought of anything like that. Sorry, just a little morning sarcasm. I do know full well how to clean and install fresh drivers.
    But seriously, I'm pretty sure it's ATI's fault because the same thing happens with regular Catalyst. In 4.2 the problem is that the main monitor goes very dark when I start a game (Call of Duty). In previous versions the refresh rate would never stay set even though I was using Refresh Force or MultiRes, or my secondary monitor would become all screwed up as soon as a game started on the other monitor. Just a whole series of annoying little problems.
    Omega's 3.7 set worked great on two monitors, I never had to reset or disable either of them, the games looked fine etc. But everything since then has had one problem or another.
    Not complaining, just thought I'd bring attention to this and it's only when starting games I have a problem, disabling one monitor makes it go away.
    For everything else the 4.2 Omega set is fine, I'd just like the 4.3 set to solve this problem if possible.

14. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I used to use refresh force (the separate program) all the time, until the 3.7's or around there, then I had to quit using it because I would get weird problems and stuttering in all games.

Now I just use refresh rate override in the drivers and enable DCC. Not sure if you tried all the combinations of DCC enabled/disabled---- alternate DVI operational mode enabled/disabled ---- and refresh rate override enabled/disabled, to try and make multi monitor work. I haven't used multi monitors in quite a while now, no I can't test your problem out, but if you didn't try messing with the above options in every possible combination, it's worth a shot at least. It probably won't help the brightness issue, but it may help the refreas rate problems...

The Last thing I did that was anything close was hooking up a TV to watch Xvid/Mpeg type (media player classic) movies on while I was using the PC for email/ surfing and that worked great.. That was just a few months ago, so it was probably with the 3.9 to 4.1's...

Last edited: Mar 18, 2004
  15. Huigie

Huigie New Member

Ok, who pissed O-dude off? :mad:

(did id ever take this long?) :hmm:

16. zerodamage

zerodamage New Member

There is a link at ATI's website to report such bugs or issues. Every submitted report is looked at and if there is a trend, then the issue is usually fixed quite quickly.

17. Wounded Paw

I've done that too. The thing is it's not always the same problem. Each release has a slightly different problem with running 2 monitors. The dark screen thing on 4.2 is a new one to me, or mebbe a more drastic version of an older problem.

18. NatoMan

NatoMan New Member

To bad omega cant implement 8bpp palletted textures. But that doesnt change the fact that im looking forward to the release ;)
    You just take your time. Its the result that matter, not the time elapsed.

19. ChoGGi

ChoGGi Well-Known Member

he didnt say he couldnt implement he said
    FYI: 8-bit paletted textures ARE NOT AVAILABLE on ATI drivers, thus, can't be enabled.

20. Spyre

Spyre New Member

Its not that its not enabled in the drivers its that support for those sorts of textures and colour lookup tables isnt in the hardware so can never be enabled (removed to save space for more important things as it was only used on cards with low amounts of graphics memory to save vid mem as the same textures could be re-used with just a pallet change)

Its partly possible to emulate in software (with no filtering) so if you want that feature then put in a feature request to ATI via their driver feedback form