Omega 4.6

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Structoman, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

bandwidth used on the omegas... lets just say...if you've got over 200gb of available bandwidth... you might make a month... if your providing good bandwidth.... the server will get NAILED beyond belief if you make it in the top ten list.... (on omegas site)..... i lost my server due to providing a mirror..... t3 line..... and more.... powerfull bugger to.... gone...

2. MythicaL

MythicaL I like computers.

3. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

once I get to college I'll have a duplexed OC-3 backbone and a Sun Microsystems Cobalt-RaQ server with unmetered bandwidth...so I'll be sure and help(it would be fun to see if yall can crash a OC-3 backbone :)

4. MindlessOath

MindlessOath New Member

LMAO... ok ok, i dont think i wana waste all my bandwidth for just drivers. i have users that view and download other stuff :p

5. Huigie

Huigie New Member

Seems a little childish to me. Why do you care what others do? You think you're gonna lose fanbase if someone else copies your work or what?

You keep us, your fans waiting for something like this?

You should be prowd of the fact that you have a skill/knowledge others wish to copy.

I mean, if these drivers were commercial it would make sense...

6. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

since his last release which was hit 115,740 times @ 17 megs a pop equals 1,967,580 MB of data which blows my mind that my ISP has never complained about my data transfers

7. MindlessOath

MindlessOath New Member

dont even get started on this subject again man. its been done to hell. let them do it the way its being done. its the only way.

8. cypher_138

cypher_138 Watching 1984 unfold

Hey Chaos, I usually link your mirror for new Omega's over at speedguide.net since we're on that subject. I hope that's cool. As for the Omega drivers they're always worth the wait.:)

9. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

Go nut's, until my ISP starts crying, then since I offer the mirror free, I will have to step aside and have someone take my place

And if the size of the driver package increases it will force me to step aside as well.

I can't complain since I have been serving a mirror for the last 2 yrs and everyone got decent transfer rates.

That is why I offered it up in the first place :D

Last edited: Jun 12, 2004
  10. Greylock

Greylock New Member

Somehow it´s pretty sad Omega had to act like that. Can´t be the only solution. :(

Personally I think that everyone who downloads any modded drivers will come to the conclusion that Omega´s is simply the best and most stable choice. (My gaming machine has reached an uptime of 4 weeks and 5 days today!).

Well, lets just hope DNA and all the others release their drivers soon...
    Is there at least a deadline when Omega will release his drivers no matter if DNA has released his copy?

mfg grey

11. eggs420

eggs420 my bud > yours

What if every person on these boards went to DNA/etc and nag posted about releasing instead of here, then?
    Just kidding..But I do agree that it is silly that we're stuck in a waiting game due to the nature of these people that are itching to rip off Angel's hard work. Wish there was a way to sorta encrypt his doings, but that is a whole 'nother can of worms best left closed. Good things come to those who wait, isnt that how it goes?

12. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

It's unfortunate that you don't like his choice but I'm sure it won't be that long, the others still want their names circulated as much as possible so they will release soon also to try and seperate themselves from the rumors.

13. Greylock

Greylock New Member

i really hope so.

Let´s see what they will release :p

edit:
    Nearly forgot: THX a LOT omega, for all your great driver releases!

14. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

He just want get drivers perfect not like last time people complain if you look at old thread of theres lol

Last edited: Jun 13, 2004
  15. MindlessOath

MindlessOath New Member

where are the forums for the other driver guys.. like DNA, and the other ones (i visited dna drivers long ago,) but u know i just wana know what progress their having. please list the others that omega might be waiting for too.

16. riles9262

riles9262 Driverheaven brewmaster

Dna can be found at www.dna-drivers.nl with his forum and omega will likely wait for unian to do theirs, as well as ngo too. Not sure if there are any other modders.

17. MindlessOath

MindlessOath New Member

i actually like unIAN drivers. they havent really made a popular name after they released one set i didnt hear much of annother set after that, but love the installer, and it actually fixed a problem or two i was having that omega and others didnt fix. :D i hope he doesnt wait for them.. NGO tho has already released theirs however its only being fixed for problems with their softmod. and it doesnt copy anything as i know its just a simple use of old openGL files and ini fixes, that anyone can do.

it looks like dna drivers are being beta tested as of the 11th. so im guessing by next week they will be out... mabe.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2004
  18. Spellbot 5000

Spellbot 5000 New Member

I hope it is indeed Omega tweaking his drivers to perfection that causes delays rather than some childish game with supposed code-thieves.

When it comes down to it, who cares if a person is taking your code and slapping their name on it. There's no way to make them stop in a case like this, and their are enough zealots that will still download "their" drivers that the theives will keep doing it. And how long would this waiting game last? A couple days, a week?

I love your tweaked drivers Omega, but if they're finished and just sitting on your hard-drive, release them so your fans can benefitt from them.

19. virgo

virgo New Member

Just my opinion but don't try DNA drivers.Tried in the past before I found Driverheaven and Omega and they really suck!They won't even install properly on my 9600XT.Its a shame we have to wait for Omega,but wouldn't you get sick of people ripping off your work!Especially as he does it free for everone to enjoy.

20. Widkidone

Widkidone New Member

i totally respect what Omega is doing? Hell, i would do the same thing to make sure that someone else does not copy what i worked hard on. And i know that he puts in alot of time to the gaming community to build these Drivers. I cannot stand how people try copy others work just to get attention. i hope that they are proud of themselves and showing themselves that they cannot be creative on there own. :tears: