[Omega 5.6] scrambled picture

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by homeboye, Jun 30, 2005.

1. DocterDee

DocterDee New Member

is the Problem solved with the newest Catalysts?

2. redsolar

redsolar Off duty

The screenshot above looks like a driver crash, which I had happen a couple of times since I have had this 9800. Best solution for me was to completely clean out the drivers via uninstalling, driver cleaning, and other good stuff, and then re-install a knowingly working drivers for both the video card, the chipset and anything else.

While troubleshooting, make sure you are not overclocking at all - this is a common issue when hardware feeds faulty data to the driver.

3. homeboye

homeboye Banned

been there, done that.
    you have anything else that may help?

btw.. i haven't tried the 5.7 drivers, and i will not try them untill omegas comes out ;)
    so i wish that someone that had the same problems install them and tell us if it worked or is it still the same shit?
    ty

4. kanko

kanko New Member

i'm having the same problems!
    it's since the 5.5 cats.

i hope some1 will found a cure! :(

5. imfletcher

imfletcher New Member

Same symptoms for me: whitish screen of thin vertical lines. Tried NGO, mod'd Cats 5.7 and also Omega. Yes, cleaned out old drivers properly. When I did vid out to TV, noticed that panel LCD for my laptop not even listed on CP Monitor tab. TV was listed as display "1" although laptop was feeding it. 2nd display was "not attached".

Reverted to 5.6 Omegas which work perfectly for me - best yet on my rig. Thanks Omegaman :)

I have MR9000 64M on 1920 x 1200 LCD

6. Sephiroth_KMFDM

Sephiroth_KMFDM New Member

Same issue

Basically I'm having the same issue and i'm not even overclocked. I installed the 5.6 and the 5.7's from ATI and it made my screen pull and acid trip.

I've seen this before but it was with a overclocked 9700 pro. This is not a heat problem it's 100% driver issue *sigh i'll never buy another ATI card again*

Anyone have links to older ATI drivers 5.3's were pretty good to me. :)

7. ChoGGi

ChoGGi Well-Known Member

8. Sephiroth_KMFDM

Still not working

The 5.3's still aren't helping with the crazy video issues. Any other ideas? Tips?

9. ChoGGi

ChoGGi Well-Known Member

not really, i havent had a garbled screen for awhile now. you could try cleaning out your ati drivers with drivercleaner (dont remove the IGP entries).
    http://www.drivercleaner.net/

10. kf_man

kf_man New Member

I'm having a similar problem with my laptop using drivers newer than 5.6. When I install them (stock drivers modded using the DH Modder) and restart, my screen is really distorted, but still "viewable." I can see the screen in little messed up sections. Enough to try and change resolutions and shutdown. When I change the resolution to 1024x768, my screen is still messed up. I know this resolution works on my laptop so I'm not sure what the heck is going on. I'm about ready to give up on the newer drivers since I have tried stock and DNA versions of 5.7 and the stock version of 5.8 and had the exact same problems. Other people have confirmed the same sort of behavior using Omega drivers as well.

11. kanko

kanko New Member

still the same...

12. Sephiroth_KMFDM

A year & 1/2 later and i'm having the same damn issue.. I've never been able to fix this shit. Has anyone found a way around it?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  13. Sephiroth_KMFDM

Does anyone still have this issue? If so, what did you do to fix it?I've tried 8 different versions of ATI drivers and even 4 of the Omega Drivers. Plz help.

14. vechlor

vechlor New Member

Hi Sephiroth, the only working driver for me were the omega 2625a. The newer retail ones never worked and even the omega drivers.

15. Sephiroth_KMFDM

Thanks Vechlor, That fixed up the issue just fine :) After years of trying to fix this shit your the man.:)