Omega Drivers 4.7 Based Release Date?

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Furious1, Jul 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eggs420

eggs420 my bud > yours

radlinker? heh.

2. swatX

swatX ba|\|\|ed

hmm radlinker or maybe ATI tool ? i think its ATI tool since they are almost ready with their new version:confused:

3. MindlessOath

MindlessOath New Member

ati tool was released the other day i thought. - could be driver cleaner that he inclludes too... mabe something else :p

4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

I've yet to see (or notice most likely) the Author of ATI TOOL on DH and posting... i pay a good amount of attention to the SPECIAL members logging on.. ChrisW is around a fair amount.. but i haven't seen anyone else really... Anyways... If the author decides to do a Special Omega Eddition of ATI TOOL and IF he/she builds it into the Control panel.. that would be outright AWESOME!

5. Virus

Virus New Member

Must be one of these ;)
    Hope they finish it soon, and hopefully not in a week like he said :( , oopps I forgot that to past in here

Here is the full message, i know my english is bad ass :lol:

Re: Hi, sorry...

quote:

Virus wrote on Jul 11, 2004 05:56 PM:
    ... I know you will hate me for asking that but I need to install new drivers and if you dont release the new ones soon I will have to install the old ones, so could you tell me how long it may take you because I dont want to install 2 drivers within 1 or 2 days. Again sorry, If I would get this message it would be spam for me but would be really nice if you could tell me.

The drivers are ready, but I will not be released yet, I'm waiting on someone to update one of the included utilities with a few things I want to add for the new set, and is very important.

Anyway, I hope the release will be done this week...

6. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Virus... .why must you have them emediatly..... can a fresh install wait?

7. Virus

Virus New Member

It's not really a problem but I have the Cat. 4.7 and I lost 3 Frames and more in all games and 400 Points in Aquamark, so I need to install old or the new ones from Omega .... and let's say I only wanted to know when he is finished with them
    ps , Farcry is unplayable :bleh:

THis is my system http://www.nethands.de/pys/show.php4?user=KillerVirus

8. DosCervezas

DosCervezas New Member

Well, I am leaving on vacation tomorrow so by time I get back they will be out and y'all will have installed and posted opinions. Then I can just go ahead an install or not based on the reviews. Will actually save me some time in waiting for the reviews to come out:D

9. Ignition

Ignition New Member

you realize that the Cat and the Omegas are NOY day and night difference and won't raise your fps from 30fps to 70fps... etc

10. MindlessOath

MindlessOath New Member

who cares if you lost score in a stupid benchmark.. use games to benchmakr man. those are the real tickers.

11. Ignition

Ignition New Member

yeah, I dont base my opinion upon benchmarks.

12. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Well sounds like they might be Ready on Wed hehe :p can't wait.

13. Virus

Virus New Member

No, I sad "..and I lost 3 Frames and more in all games.." and Farcry is unplayable, thats more important than the benchmarking, I know the Omega will not make a huge difference but ... hopefully 3 or more frames ... or I will go back to the 4.4, they are the best for me, don't blame, I am a huge fan from the omega drivers!!

14. Spellbot 5000

Spellbot 5000 New Member

Hate to be a bit nitpicky considering I love Omega's drivers, but would it kill him to simply make a short post upon the release of each new Catalyst version to inform his fans when we could expect to see his version. It would only take 5 minutes and would placate everyone anxiously awaiting his drivers.

15. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady Avril Fan

what if he says "new version probably this weekend" and then all people start complaining (i know many who would) because he released tuesday and not the weekend expected and they dont take in count he was adding somethen or whatever,

besides, would it kill you to wait a few more days? u can try other driver sets meanwhile -.-

16. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

You seem to forget that Omega has to work for a living as well as having to wait for ChrisW if he makes any changes to Radlinker, or the fact that ATI Tools is also now part of the package and I have heard they have a new version in the works. So as for him being able to specify when he can post a new release is not soly his decision.

17. Warpy

Warpy Well-Known Member

Very true.... Mr Omega is not obligated in any way to supply his driver sets each month. So every time you do get them, it's through time, effort and kindness folks!

18. Spellbot 5000

Spellbot 5000 New Member

No I didn't forget that. I'm not asking for the exact day and time of the release, just something along the lines of "Hey guys, been working on x driver version for about 3 days here. I expect they should be out in the next couple of days, no promises though. Shouldn't be long now!" At least then I'd know to simply check back in a couple of days rather than every day.

And yes, it's his decision to post or not, I'm just stating it from my point of view. If I'm doing something that people are waiting for, the first thing I do is give them an estimate of when it should be done. It's just common courtesy.

19. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

when i said it was not just his decision, i meant that he may not even know due to the fact that he works alonside the 3rd part app authors, I can tell you this much :) The driver portion of his new release is finished!! I know that does not give you a real time frame but I don't know when either. But that should be a good sign that the release will be soon

20. Spellbot 5000

Spellbot 5000 New Member

Good to hear! I think this is exactly what people waiting for the drivers would want to hear to. It's just I would expect to hear it from Omega himself, rather than sifting through a number of threads to see if one of his friends has posted an update on the driver progress.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.