omega where are you?

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by jeffro29, Mar 14, 2005.

1. jeffro29

jeffro29 New Member

Where is omega and His newest drivers He's a modded driver maker so why dont he release a new driver. It's been a long time since anybody heard from him does anyone know when he is gonna release the 5.2 or the 5.3?

2. ChrisW

ChrisW New Member

Last I heard he was moving his computer desk in front of his toilet so he didn't have to stop playing WOW to go to the bathroom.

3. sc3000

sc3000 New Member

I think the the omega drivers are finally dieing, but thanks omega for your great drivers so far

4. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

I bet he's just on a little break from the driver work, and a well deserved one. The latest official drivers hasn't had any big new features in them either so it would be a relatively good time for a break too, even if some users certainly could benefit from another set at this time. I'd say to Omega if he reads this to take a break until 5.4 or something, but tell people of your plans for now. :)

5. @Husky

@Husky New Member

WoW killed Omega drivers!

6. e v o

e v o New Member

ahahahahaha

blizzard games are eerily addictive:evil:

7. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

i wouldn't be serprised if someone had built a perfect 6 foot by 6 foot room with a window/toilet/shower/computer/refridgerator and possibly a microwave (erm... more likely an oven as microwaves don't play well with comptuers)

with that, you could order pizza or whatever over the phone or net... (groceries)
    wouldn't have to worry about running to the bathroom or having to take a shower, computer always at hand... windows would be good for a little fresh air.... fridge and stove.. well you get the point..

I highly.. EXTREMELY highly doubt omega drivers are dead..... but after serveral years of work... i'm sure he takes a good 2-3 or better break for various "life" related things.. even if it mostly involves WoW ;)

8. TJ-

TJ- New Member

some one give him some money and he will make a set. I guarantee it!

9. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

does WoW have a /pizza command too?

or maybe a /take_a_crap?

10. TrevGlas

TrevGlas New Member

People think he has like an obligation or something to make another set. If he makes a new set great, if not thats cool too because maybe he wants to do something different.

11. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

:rofl: I thought he'd already done that
    mabye he's moveing the fridge and microwave and adding a few pillows for cat naps :rofl:

I've been addicted to games but nothing like the WOW people have been doing.... Crazy

12. twak

twak New Member

i think their might be some subliminal mind control going on here with wow!

13. Blackboost

Blackboost -=[DHzer0point Author]=-

I couldn't agree more with you on this point. Besides there are more drivers sets out there to try for the time being. We all known that he sets the standard with his set. But that doesn't mean that its bad to give other sets a try now and then. If they don't do it for you, just run drivercleaner pro and go back to what you were using. Remember: "The more, the merrier".;)

Example: I love the Omega sets, but right now I'm running the DNA 5.2 (which is very good I must say). And guess what? I'll go with the ZeroPoints when they come out.:w00t:

14. Spellbot 5000

Spellbot 5000 New Member

True, he has no obligation to continue to produce new driver sets, but I think he has an obligation to at least tell his fans the status of upcoming sets and the general direction he's taking with developments.

It's gotten to the point where thousands of people download his drivers, in a sense to depend on his drivers since they won't touch standard Catalysts. To just disappear off the map is almost a slap in the face to everyone that eagerly awaits his driver sets.

Just because you're doing something for free doesn't mean your entitled to keep your fans in the dark about everything.

15. Nyana

Nyana New Member

Guys ... if WoW takes you, there is no way for other work to do after your Job instead of a bit reallife and just WoW ... Blizzard owns all atm ... so hope for a litte Serverdown :)

16. Mayro

Mayro -=[DHzer0point Team]=-

Hell-

That is the word i describe WOW with.

I was lucky enough to get me and my friend OUT of that damn game.

Not to sound over dramatic but damnit guys, if you are playing it get out! If you need help quiting, just ask! Ill give you reasons to quit.

Just to say this, and im onlying saying it once.

I know the exact time and date that I bought and quit the game. The little peon crying when I went to quit ACTUALLY had a emotional effect on me. That may sound weird coming from a 20 year old but guys, when you are in college, working a job, and trying to have a life- WOW WILL TAKE OVER.

Its not just a game, its the new ever crack.

BTW Everquest 2 has a direct line to pizza hut, you can order in game.

17. tek

tek New Member

I agree with Mayro, WOW = new form of crack

if you start playing that game TRUST ME... you will be playing it for an ETERNITY

18. Log420

Log420 New Member

I know I'm as addicted to WoW as the next guy, but every Tuesday morning (including today) the servers are down at least 4 hours (usually closer to 6) for "weekly scheduled maintenance" Today, that is from 9 AM to 1 PM Eastern time as it is every Tuesday. We can only pray for a sign of life from Omega today. /me keepin my fingers crossed.

19. eggs420

eggs420 my bud > yours

Exactly. And it wasn't always this way either, cos he'd at least come tease folks about the release date or something. The past few months he's been more and more rare, and his releases (though the bugs were small in nature) suffered a bit (to the point of no releases and no updates..). :(

20. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Hey if you since play wow so much go find Omega and kick him put :) that way he take break hehe. Or hack in server in wow and kill it that way omega can't login in :p hehe j/k