Omegadrive

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by longshot520, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longshot520

longshot520 New Member

Just for anyone who hasnt already noticed, Omegadrive has posted a message on his site at www.omegadrivers.net. Was going to paste the message here but figured it would be better for people to read it directly on his site (and maybe click on a banner or two while they were there).

2. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

hey omega,everybody feels for ya.alot of us are in a similar situation.wish i could help because i dont feel my pc is complete without your entry into the driver pool.i try some of the others but always come back to the omegas,even if i score a little better with another set.i just dont understand why you would feel unneeded because your drivers are the talk of every forum or driver related site that i know of.if anybody asks which drivers to use 99.9% of the time the responces are OMEGAS.that should make you feel pretty good.most of the other drivers cant even be put into the same class as yours because they are optimized or modded for a specific application or game type.i only know of four different sets,ngo,unians,dna,and omegas.five if you want to count the official cats.the only one that is even close to yours in quality are the unians.anyhow hope things look up for ya,and i hope you still make drivers,and if you dont you will be missed by all of dh and the gamers of the whole world.later

3. bake15

bake15 New Member

man it would'nt be the same without omegas drivers:(
    please dont give up your good work,even though at times it seems like a thankless job and im sure you will have some good luck with the job hunting;)

4. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Thanks for the notice. I'll mail him my thoughts right away, as he invites us to do.

5. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

I for one am deeply saddened at this news. I really counted on Omega's drivers to get the best gaming experience. I only recently broke down and installed the 5.3's due to the delay with Omegas latest. I noticed a considerable drop in framerate in my games by doing so. :( I'm hoping once he and his wife get back on their feet he will consider continuing his good work. In the meantime I plan on clicking his banners a few times a day, EVERYDAY.

6. Mort_Cinder

Mort_Cinder I want some ATI lovin'

NOOOOO! why did this had to happen? i really feel for the guy, being unemployed and realise that making drivers is not his highest priority now. but, omega drivers really were and are the best thing around. i hope he can be able to carry on in the near future, because the gaming community will feel the loss. i'll also email him, and encourage everyone else to, so that he knows that he is really needed and give him support.

long live OMEGA!!!

7. eaa315

eaa315 New Member

yep omegas are the cat's ass compared to the rest of the modded drivers...if he stops i'm heading back to the official cats:tears:...as much as i hate to do so

8. serverlag

serverlag New Member

this is insane,
    how on earth can somebody with the skills of omega be unemployed ???
    If I were ATI, I had long baited that guy that stands for a long line of quality releases that make my products work better on so many machines, thus giving the company an extra edge against the competition.

imho Omega should not be forced to rely on donations since what he does has such a value to so many people and especially this one company as well as all the OEMs.

Something has gone completely wrong and it's high time the people who are having material advantage from Omegas work give him ample compensation to make his feeling of 'not being needed' (this is just sick!) go away in a hurry, because he is needed so very much!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  9. Nyana

Nyana New Member

Dunno why ATI won't give him a job with any kind of home office .. country doesn't matter for that ..

10. Spellbot 5000

Spellbot 5000 New Member

Damn, I wonder if this was somewhat in response to the fact that I created a character on the same World of Warcraft realm that he plays on and sent him an in-game letter asking what he's been up to lately.

And I do sympathize with his work and family situation. But what's up with the first two paragraphs of his update? Talk about sour grapes. The very fact others are turning out crappy driver sets, you would think it would motivate him to create a top-notch set, rather than just give up. Does Burger King give up because McDonald's competes with them? Does Barnes & Noble give up just because Amazon is now king?

C'mon Omega, buck up. Show these fools how a driver set is made!

11. ChrisW

ChrisW New Member

I can completely understand where he is coming from. It's getting very crowded in the modded driver department and I'm sure it's expensive to host such a large download for free. Since hardly anyone donates any money to help keep the site going, you have to really be devoted to keep moving forward.

12. tornadog

tornadog New Member

I feel for u Omega. Being unemployed is bad and having to support ur family is even worse. That is why they say you need to balance ur prioirties in life. Doing something for a living is one thing and doing something for a hobby is another and never should the latter gain more prioirity than the former. Yeah sure you may win praise from a huge group of people but in the end they will not pay ur bills, barring a few they will not even bother helping u, it may sound harsh but that is the truth, everybody fends for himself first before they think of others. So all I can do is wish u luck in finding a great new job and ur wife too. You can always get back to driver modding when u have the money and time to do it. Right now let ATI and other enthusiasts handle the drivers while u straighten out ur life..thats more important in the long run, and what God would like you do right now.

13. dzjepp

dzjepp Black Mesa

Now I feel bad about making that other thread... :(

Omega, I wish you the best of luck with like and hope that you get back on your feet. I don't care about the drivers anymore, I know you have changed priorities in life that are more serious. Good luck man. Whatever happens I will always remember you as *THE* best driver modder in the community that offered us the outermost quality release after release. This is why ever since I received my 9800 Pro well over a year and a half ago I have *NEVER* looked at any substitute but the Omega drivers. I have never even installed the official ATI drivers because of the superb quality your drivers have offered us.

Best wishes.

14. JM|Matt

JM|Matt New Member

As an avid user of Omegas drivers, I'm interested in sponsoring the man we have all come to love for free (Omega ;)).

I own and operate a webhosting company, and would be honored to help Omega out.
    If anyone knows how to get in contact with him, or if you can pass along my information to him, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Contact info :
    Email : matt@jmhosting.net
    AIM : xnetchew
    MSN : xnetchew@gmail.com
    Y! : xnetchew

Thanks again,
    Matt Lestock
    J&M Hosting
    http://www.jmhosting.net
    matt@jmhosting.net

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005
  15. darkwolf

darkwolf New Member

props for omaga

we all respect the time and effort omaga put's in to making the driver's we depend on rock! we just get to wrapped up in wanting to use them. we tend to forget to say THANK YOU to the man responsible for our playing plesure and i'm sure i can say this with confidance from all of us in the gaming world many many thanks to you OMAGA. may god bring good fortune to you and your wife

16. DosCervezas

DosCervezas New Member

Why not contact him personally omegadrivers@gmail.com I'm sure it would mean a lot more to him if you contacted him yourself. I think we all need to make a donation. I personally am going to contact him and give as much as I can. Let's keep Omega alive. We have come to count on his work and I am sure the majority of us have never donated. Let's dig into those pockets and give credit where credit is due.

17. JM|Matt

JM|Matt New Member

Indeed that's what i'll do... as soon as I get off work that is :)

So long as I have anything to do with it, omegadrivers aren't going anywhere :)

Matt

18. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

I would like to thank you Mr. Lestock, for stepping up and helping!! This is wonderful news and I can't wait to see his reaction. Bravo! :D

19. DosCervezas

DosCervezas New Member

Good deal Matt, I too am going to do what I can in the way of a monitary(sp) donation. Let's keep this thing going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Ev!L-aLphA

Ev!L-aLphA | n f e c t e D

oh noooo :-/ omega was one of the most talented 3rd party driver maker :-( he has been in this for a WAY longer time than any of the other modders... if id have any money id donate it instantly :-(

i hope he can still make drivers and ppl like us will support him!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.