Omegadrive

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by longshot520, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drakon

Drakon New Member

That would be a pretty good idea. He makes some great drivers. :D

2. wiskerbizkit

wiskerbizkit DH ***** hobo

Honesty in my opinion if there is an omega driver out there then there is no competition

3. TJ-

TJ- New Member

if everyone gave his $5, it would be more than enough to keep the work and drivers cranking out. Just a small price to pay for an unbeatable set of drivers. Dh should start an Omega fund... :)

4. Driver 7

Driver 7 Discombobulated NVidiot

I am glad you lets us know when things get tight. The amount of hours put in over the years modding drivers is crazy. It would suck large if there were no omega drivers. I sent last time and I will send again in roughly a week or so man. The credit card is maxed right now but I will have room next week.

My Game squad also has arround 100 squad members and lots of them really like your drivers, so I will post this as news on my site.

5. Zelig

Zelig Well-Known Member

I've loved the omega drivers since I found them, back when I first got a half-decent video card. (geforce 4 mx)

It would suck if there weren't omegadrivers any more, but don't feel pressured to keep releasing them if you're not having any fun with them.

6. blueice228

blueice228 New Member

yeh i couldnt help you more except to click ur ads a couple of times everyday. definitely keep it up though, and hope u find a job soon.

ATI must be aware of OMEGA, and how it outperform it's own driver, i really dont know why he couldnt get a job there??

7. Tabs

Tabs New Member

Omega,

Please don't stop making these drivers - I've used em since about a month after I got my 9800 Pro and don't even touch any of the other ones out there - they are far and away the best ones, this would be a huge loss to the ATI community if you stopped. Don't let a few jerks get the best of you man!

Ryan

8. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

Try and stick it through these tough times Angel you have served the community for a long time and I for one would be disappointed if you pack it in. I know it easy for me to say from where I sit but I think you would give similar advise under reverse conditions :)

We still love ya Angel, don't leave us brother

9. teh_moleman

teh_moleman New Member

I sure hope Omega doesn't stop making drivers. I only used the official drivers once (over a year ago), then I tried Omega's drivers and I've used them ever since. They not only perform better, they're much easier to install and use.

Even ATI said Omega's drivers were the best alternative to the official ones. The least they could do is sponsor him or make his drivers semi-official. Something to give him some support.

10. stlava

stlava New Member

I know of all the difficulties happening but I just hope that he doesnt give up on the drivers. I always try to see if there are any news things about new drivers at the site. But have been waiting for the next release!

11. nheimler

nheimler New Member

well all i will say is that i truly hope we don't see the last of omega. i've been using his drivers since i can remember. both nvidia and ati sets...well until nvidia tried to screw him over for the nvidia sets. i have supported his drivers and have recommended to others his great drivers. hell...when i install a machine i have to make sure i got the latest set to put on. i have to say what many others are thinking and that it is sad to hear about everything. unfortunately, the economy sucks right now and it seems we in the states aren't the only ones. i live in michigan and our unemployment rate is pushing 7% or somewhere around that. many of the big factories are packing up and heading out of state which is making work more scarce. i work as a tech for a huge library system here and right now with the funding cuts, it is hurting many libraries which hurts the hq were i work. libraries don't pay much for tech services to start off with. i've been in the library system going on 12 years (6 years as a tech) and i really enjoy my work which is what keeps me going. hopefully things will pull through the next couple years so that we can keep going. anyways....basically what i'm saying is that i'm pullin for ya omega, hopefully you and your wife will get through this and get something soon, so you can get back on track putting out them kick ass drivers! (which is what maximum pc should rate your drivers as) ;) *cough* *cough* any maximum pc editors reading this....hint hint.... :)

12. TS_Corwin

TS_Corwin New Member

I dont post on here too often but i want to make it clear that Omega is the main reason i ended up on this site.. and the main reason i started coming to driverheaven everyday to see what new cool stuff came out.. his drivers have not only helped my gaming systems(and i mean i built ten of my clans machines now) but i also use them at work for demo computers.. and better color calibration in laptop computers since he was nice enoug to include the laptop mod.. i owe him alot.. and while i dont have the cash to donate this week.. i sure as hell will next week after pay day .. and if he has to throw an ad or two on his site ill click them and ask all the other sixty guys in my clan to hit them up atleast ounce if it will keep him running

13. Mayro

Mayro -=[DHzer0point Team]=-

ATI about to lose a great commodity.

Ati, You guys have stated before that OMEGA makes the best modded drivers. In most cases his modded drivers even surpass your drivers. Why dont you cut the guy some slack and offer him a job on the driver team?

If you took a online poll on your website or even just OFFERD omegas on your webpage and keep a total of which one is downloaded.

Loseing Omega would be like loseing a arm, you can still function, but you know you are handicaped.

Please dont let Omega and his driver set fall into the history books. Keep them alive for the future generations of your videocards as many of us REALLY LIKE HIS DRIVERS!
    -In most cases, while your drivers have issues on peoples computer, his does not.

Omega! You are still wanted and still needed! Maybe you could make a program to inject your modifications into the driver sets and release it that way? Instead of hosting your files on your own server, why not run it off a torrent? From the one, the many shall survive!

14. Tm4_Sniper

Tm4_Sniper New Member

Post here to say just few think,
    1st asap i'll donate
    2nd Post on Tm4 web site(www.tm4.us) the bad news.
    3rd I'll work hard to help u out, no idea how but i'll do it.

Update:
    Post on AASA forum http://www.aaserveradmins.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21528
    or try this http://www.aaserveradmins.com/forums/index.php?showforum=130

add to my MSN name link to www.OmegaDrivers.net

Post on UBI GR2 Forum site
    http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=frm&s=400102&f=4191067442
    Post on aaoTraker
    http://aaotracker.4players.de/thread.php?threadid=87418&sid=
    Post on ItalianLions Forums
    http://www.italianlions.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=1
    A message will add to automessage on TM4 AAO Server

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005
  15. SoarPics

SoarPics New Member

Long time lurker here, and longer time Omega user. I've donated some money, but I don't expect you to continue. If you wish to do so, then do. But if your heart is no longer in it then move on. There will be modded drivers (heck, even if I have to use CCC I will, although before doing so I'll give serious consideration to moving back to nVidia. Would hate to do that, but CCC simply isn't my cup of tea. All that just to tweak video drivers... sheesh!).

Omega drivers are stone cold the best drivers out there. All others are simply options... the Omegas are where most ATI owners go to for modded drivers.

ATI, are you listening?

16. TJ-

TJ- New Member

the second 2 links dont work Tm4_Sniper

17. eggs420

eggs420 my bud > yours

Bit torrent and a few mirrors..Wait, I said this a dozen catalyst's ago. :confused: I mean him no disrespect, but he put WoW before the drivers and donations went down..And he expected otherwise? I'll probably get flamed for this, being the only non-praise post, but I'll take it. I do wish him the best of luck and appreciate the work he did on his past releases, dont get me wrong. ;)

18. Driver 7

Driver 7 Discombobulated NVidiot

Soarpics You joined in 2003 and thats your first post. How in the hell did you ever manage that. There is no way I could have ever had the will power to either not respond to something that was posted that caught my interest or post when and if I needed help. LOL. Thats funny.

Omega. Everyone loves you man. And anyone who knows what there doing when it comes to there rigs know that your drivers are extremely well tweaked and done so in a way that makes them differ from the rest of the mod's available. Ya there is lots of competition but none of em are recognised like you and your drivers are. Man I have seen your drivers mentioned in Maximum PC, Computer Power User and also on tech tv. You definitely deserve a pat on the back and a big thanks for everything. I hope Things get better for ya bro.

19. SoarPics

SoarPics New Member

Pretty easy to understand... most folks in forums post crap, I just read and learn. And alot of stuff in forums simply isn't worth responding to. This is.

Driverheaven is a great site, but it still has it's... liabilties. Like all sites.

20. Caze

Caze New Member

Don't give up Omega, this community needs you. It doesn't matter how many new wannabe's come and go, you'll always have the best drivers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.