Omega's CS OpenGL driver + Doom3 = crash

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by mko, Aug 3, 2004.

1. mko

mko New Member

I've tested Doom3 on my 9600XT with Omega 4.7s installed, using the specially made OpenGL file for HL/CS, and I can say that it will cause Doom3 to crash on map-load. So if anyone has crashing woes try to use the OpenGL file swapper(C:\Program Files\Radeon Omega Drivers v2.5.58\2KXP_INF\OGLSwap.cmd) to switch to the normal OpenGL file.

While I'm at it, will haze effects work on my 9600XT? I'm currently running at Medium quality, do I need to try High quality?

2. Chilljf

Chilljf New Member

I had a friend tell me Doom 3 would not work with the Omega CS driver for them. He also said D3 would would not work with any sets below 3.9 Cats. I have no tested this myself, but plan to do so in the future. I could imagine that alot of D3 graphics & textures might not be supported with older opengl drivers. I can confirm that 4.6, 4.7 & 4.8 Beta work. Check out my D3 benchmarks in other thread, I found 4.8 Beta Cats worked best for me. Triple Buffering also gave me 7.5 fps gain, so I recommend that enabled.

3. Smoking Joe

Smoking Joe New Member

Hi guys,

Yes i had the same issues with doom 3 crashing on map load using the latest Omegas, just wish i had known about the opengl swap thing as ive uninstalled and put ATI 4.8 betas on which work quite well but i have probs with other games now lol.

Can someone confirm that using the normal opengl set in Omegas latest drivers jwork with Doom 3 as i will revert back to then as they work well with other games that i play.

Joe