OMG! FEDEX Sucks!!! IMHO: Don't use them

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by The_Neon_Cowboy, Feb 16, 2007.

1. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

Preview: For those who missed my post about the damage
    [​IMG]

Close ups: Click for larger view
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Bad enough they damaged my package.... Resulting in me having to wait two
    WEEKS for them to get around to inspecting it.
    (bad enough I had to wait a
    week for them to get it to me) Then I had to wait, holding my breath for a new
    case to be shipped By CLUBIT who staff was very nice and hopefully in this... I did
    eventually get a new case in about 3 weeks. Mean 1 month total time, since clicking buy

anyways RARELY does a case make it to me undamaged if it's shipped via FEDEX. In
    fact I've learned to live with an acceptable level of damage. If it's really minor/cosmetic
    and I or the person it's for doesn't care. It stays.... But if i have a choice i choose anything
    else....

Anyways I got this letter today from FedEx.

[​IMG]

Now keep in mind I've already had my new case for two mouths now. So my guess
    clubit will EAT this cost. It's my duty now to write FedEx and ask them what the Hell ?!?!?
    are they blind? I am not going to be nice about it either. I'm sick of their POOR
    service. After all CLUBIT should be getting their costs covered by FedEx. Due to the fact
    they damaged the product....

I just find this hard to beleave................thier pulling this crap

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I have no experience with Fedex but, wow.

Still, you should see what happened to my previous case when I shipped it with Royal Mail... CPU, heatsink, graphics card, soundcard all out of their place, the top right corner of the case completely broken (like it was hit with an axe). Good stuff!

Next time do what I do. Either (when applicable) take the case with you on the plane, and pass it through the special check in (X or what ever it is called in the USA), or use UPS.
    Good luck.

3. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

that's really very shoddy indead, to say the least.
    don't give them an inch, scream blue murder until they admit they're in error.

4. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

i hate fedex, absolutly hate them.

ive got lazy drivers out here. if a package has to be signed for and nobody is home, theyll sign it them selfs and just throw it on the porch. if your lucky enough to get it to the porch.

i live back on a semi private road, and any package that cant fit inside the mailbox gets brought upto the house. sometimes..... ive found HUGE packages laying out almost in the road next to the mail boxes. all because they wouldnt bring the package upto the house and felt that the road was as good of place as the front porch.

i should also mention that this is a high traffic, 55MPH road. been lucky that a package hasnt been runover. yet....

5. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

they leave stuff here, they used to leave stuff where i used to live, they let my neighbors
    sign for them. They leave them at the office, with a note on my door, fedex online says
    i signed for it...

eventally we should order something expeisive and let them "proof" they delived it. LOL! j/k
    there should be some serious liabilty attached in that department.

6. ferret2004

ferret2004 Active Member

UPS busted a case my dad ordered from Newegg. The US mail busted the contents of a package from the mother in law. I haven't had any problems with Fed Ex yet.

7. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Neon,

It's not just FedEx. I had a horrible experience last year with UPS. I was kind enough to build a new system for a disabled person who lives several states away. Several online buddies pitched in to help cover the costs.

Well, when she got the new system it was so horribly bent and banged up even the CPU cooler was loose and flopping around inside the case.

When I went up to UPS to file the claim, the Head Supervisor was very nice about it. He even walked me over to the conveyor where packages are transported to show me just how something like this can happen. All it takes is for the package to 'catch' on something along the conveyor and it can be thrown off onto the floor. In the example he gave me, the full height of the fall would be well over 10 feet.

We did get the system replaced and the next shipment arrived in good shape.

BUT, I really was livid for a long time as the whole effort was something done by several people just to help out someone in need who is confined to a wheelchair and on a fixed income. The only access to the outside world is via the online experience.

Anyway, like I said, it's not just FedEx. The main point is: make sure anything of value that's shipped is insured. Otherwise, no one will cover the replacement.

8. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

UPS is a lot worse.

I worked on the Air Ramp there and because it is a Union people get away with destroying shit with the most careless mistakes. The worse thing is they will send someone out to check it, mark it off as ok and ship it the next day.

9. GutterPunk

GutterPunk I = Greatest Dood

Neon...

I think you have some of the worse luck ive ever seen... really ever. Your problem @ Monarch (thank god they closed) and about every other little thing you order or want.

I totally feel bad for you man.

FedEx has been great to me, although from every package shipper, usps, ups, dhl, and fedex I have recieved a broken package. This particular incident happens to be odd. That is an integrity issue within the company and is sad that they deny it.

Go get em tiger. rawr?

10. DudeBoyz

DudeBoyz banned

I've had a great deal of trouble with UPS over the years, particularly since that last strike some years back. I have had NO trouble with FEDEX. I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

11. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Wow that sucks Neon... I dunno, I've used UPS, DHL and Fedex over the years and have had nothing but perfect service.

Then again I'm in Europe so that might change from continent to continent... If I got a package like that, well I'd give em hell :D

12. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

i like SFOSOK, worked for UPS as well. i worked loading the trailers. OMG, the horror stories :eek:. but after having worked at UPS, i can only assume that the same is true for any shipping company such as FedEx, DHL, USPS, etc.

but basically, just make sure that the package is insured and any damages occur, they would be covered.

13. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

I think they handle it differently though as it is not run by a Union so people can actually be held accountable for their actions at Fed Ex and DHL.

14. Lelisevis

Lelisevis Howlin at the moon

Well over here all the big companies hire temp drivers. Moneys crap, hours are crap and to be honest most customers treat you like crap.
    I only lasted 3 months and can understand why the drivers couldnt care less. I think this could be hugely improved if the drivers were made to feel human, given a proper secure job and were met with a smile at the door instead of some asshole whining at you because he only took the cheap delivery option and it's taken 3 days.
    I bust a gut trying to be pleasant and helping customers out, making sure I got a signature for every package and it was all loaded correctly and how was I rewarded?...............by being terminated because although I was running more successful runs than the other guys I wasn't taken as much out on a morning, unlike the type of guy who makes you guys suffer because he throws 100 packages in the van and brings 50 back on the night.

15. zaim

zaim Well-Known Member

OH MY GOD that's some hardcore damage.. now, those cases, are pretty strong. And for it to give it that kinda of damage, seems like it got hit by a small truck or something!
    See the problem aint so much as your case copping the damage, because these things realy do happen. The problem you're facing now is the HEAD ACHE of speaking to dickhead after dickhead waiting hold after hold trying to sort this stupid issue out.
    Good luck :(

16. MrSpock2002

MrSpock2002 Because I said so!

Fed Ex blows monkey balls. I always go with the good ole American Postal Service. That and when I can't, due to an eBay seller, etc not using them (I have no idea why either) I go with UPS.

17. LHC

LHC Stingy and Stubborn

I always use UPS, and I always get fast, great service.. maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones :confused:

18. DudeBoyz

DudeBoyz banned

My $449 Viewsonic G225FB monitor came a couple weeks back in a box that was torn, bashed in and the top and bottom flaps were open and some of the foam cracked inside. I could hardly believe that the thing survived. It worked just fine, but that box was THRASHED. The UPS guy didn't even care.

19. Lelisevis

Lelisevis Howlin at the moon

It says something about human nature that people accept parcels in this condition. You sign to say you took the package in acceptable condition try saying 'no, take it away'. The guy then has to go back to the depot and say to his boss the customer wouldn't accept it because of it's condition. He then has to get onto the company and say look we trashed the package, that way the company gets to find out the good and bad delivery firms and it encourages the courier to sort there act out.

20. DudeBoyz

DudeBoyz banned

Well, I had a feeling that if I refused shipment, PC Connection would get stuck for the cost. I have had EXCELLENT luck with PC Connection over the last 10+ years and I ordered 2 monitors that day - the CRT and a Viewsonic VP2030b LCD. Both were $449 each and they gave me FREE shipping on the whole order. The CRT is about 70 pounds.

I knew that if I accepted the package as is and then the monitor did not work, PC Connection would do right by me. So, instead of a conflict at that time, I went ahead and took delivery and plugged in the CRT. Thankfully, it does not appear to have been damaged in any way. Only the packaging.

If the package had been sent by ZipZoomFly or some other online site that forces restocking fees, I would have refused delivery. I do not have a good established relationship with ZipZoomFly or Mwave that goes back years. Newegg is one I have had good luck with the last 3 years or so.

If it had been Newegg, I would have taken delivery also and chanced it. I think they have earned that level of trust with me, just like PC Connection has.

So, I was trying to be a reasonable guy. Instead of fearing the worst, I tried to be positive about it and it did work out.

I just wish that the Viewsonic G225fb was as crisp and clear as my Viewsonic P225, which they no longer produce. But the G225fb has a more intense anti-glare coating and the "Perfectly Flat" screen tech, which seems a tiny bit out of focus near the edges.

It's getting hard to find a good CRT any more, sadly. Viewsonic no longer makes or carries the Pro series for CRT's.

Anyway, all that to say, I was kinda trying to be loyal and luckily it worked out.

I do wish that they gave me the option to specify Fedex instead of UPS, but with free shipping (I literally saved over $100 in shipping costs) I guess I can't be that picky.