Open Letter to the England World Cup Bid Team... ...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by FuNsTeR, Dec 3, 2010.

1. FuNsTeR

FuNsTeR Caledonian and Proud

Dear David Beckham, Prince William and David Cameron.

Audley Harrison lasted more rounds than you.

Yours in Football

FuNsteR :uhoh:

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I can't believe that Qatar got it. It will be...interesting.

As for Russia, ten years ago it would be a good joke, now, I can see them doing it just fine.
    England didn't get it and that was a small surprise. Of course, with the prices in England being what they are, it will probably be cheaper to go to Qatar than England. Plus, England saved a few billions, which is nice.

3. FuNsTeR

FuNsTeR Caledonian and Proud

i think Qatar got it because the arab/muslim nations are football daft and their is a near 2 billion people in that region ... other than that the England bid was the best bid .... but the weather is unpredictable and the media was largely to blame as fifa does not like to be shown up for the corrupt b&st&rds they are .... russia tends to have long warm & dry summers ... i think russia's plans are for the games to be held in the european region of russia .... to be quite honest russian air travel is the most dodgy in europe .. ie drunk pilots, poor safety standards and the roads are shocking ... massive investment is needed to bring the russian air, rail and road network up to scratch then their is the accommodation for football fans

blatter made a valid point england and scotland devoloped the modern game as it's origins does come from our shores and we (England and Scotland )founded fifa .... maybe England's best bet is to make a joint bid with Scotland, Wales and N Ireland

4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

There aren't 2 Billion people in the Mid East. If you include Turkey and Egypt, then it is about 300 million.
    Russian air travel isn't that bad. Most Russian planes that fall usually fall in other countries from non russian pilots.

I don't think that either of the two countries will have serious technical issues and I bet they will both be better than the 2010. As long as there are no surprises.