OpenGL Question

Discussion in 'Windows & Other OS Discussion & Support' started by Flatshovel, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Flatshovel

Flatshovel New Member

Hi all,
    I currently have a Radeon 9100 card. Ati is not going to write any new drivers for the card from what I hear. I would like to play Call of duty, however when launching the game it says that opengl is not installed. My question is, is there anyway that opengl can be made to work with this card so I can play the game again? Is there such a thing as using maybe hacked drivers that were made for opengl support in vista for say the 9500 series card and use it on the 9100 series card to make it work? If this will not work, what model Video card do I need to play Call of duty and Metal of honor? Will the games play on a pci express card? I heard that it will only play on agp.
    Please help!!

Thanks,
    Joseph

2. PrEzEs

PrEzEs DriverHeaven User

You could try the mobility modder
    http://driverheaven.net/modtool/

but I doubt it will help - ATI discontinued the 9100 series and supports now 9500 and up in vista.
    The only thing you can do is buy a cheap gpu that is supported in vista.
    I recommend anything newer than radeon 9500.

3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Your pretty much toast.... i've tried several things to get a 9000 series ati gpu to work under vista.. and the only way to get anything working smoothly with "some options" is to install the supplied vista driver which gives you POOR 3D acceleration in via directX..... and ZERO opengl...

The only way to do anything in vista is to have a more recent GPU such as what was mentioned.... 9500 or newer.