Overclockers.co.uk

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by brutusmaximus, Feb 12, 2006.

?

Are you happy with the service from Overclockers.co.uk?

1. Yes

72.7%
  2. No

27.3%
  1. kelticknight

kelticknight DriverHeaven Knight

what yours
    the gamestream 700 watt
    was looking at that
    might not now

2. Lelisevis

Lelisevis Howlin at the moon

Fraid so, don't let it put you off though im sure it's a small problem probably just a bad batch of fans. Overall the PSU itself is brilliant and fan aside i'd recommend it to anyone.

3. kelticknight

was wondering about replacing it for my thermaltake purepower 680 watt,ocz gamestream 700 was recommended,

4. kelticknight

5. the-bullet

the-bullet Come on you Spurs!

Absolutely terrible retailer. If something powers up then it passes their "test". I had a faulty Ati graphics card that had problems when running at 3d speeds. However, they cleverly avoid this problem by making sure that the "Ati hot key poller" or equivalent service is not running, thereby allways running at the slower 2d speeds. This is just 1 instance of there "wonderful" :duh: after sales support.

6. ChaosMinionX

ChaosMinionX USB 3 dot oh

Had them ship me a Tuniq Tower 120 to the states when we were completely sold out. Shipping times were fast for exporting/importing. Paid about $90 USD after all that though. I would order from them again.

7. starfury6

starfury6 Dark Jedi

I am surprised by the number of "No's" in the poll actually.

I have always had excellent service from them. They tend to get hold of new hardware far earlier than any other etailer in the UK and always have very good prices. The only gripe I have is that they do not offer any 'normal' delivery, £8 minimum next day delivery is a little steep. Returns have always been handled very quickly, and new orders are always dispatched with speed and accuracy. I have been using them for years.

My last PC I built had almost the entire set of components from them.

8. Lelisevis

Lelisevis Howlin at the moon

I pretty much solely order from OCUK now. I've never had a problem with them. In fact tomorrow morning I'm expecting another £350 of toys from them:). Always got good stock levels and delivery is always quick and on time. Previous store of choice was microdirect but their prices keep on creeping higher and higher.

9. FuNsTeR

FuNsTeR Caledonian and Proud

never had any problems with them, the stuff arrives when they say it does, fast & reliable what more can you ask for :)

10. Final8ty

Final8ty New Member

Why is it that when customers pay for Saturday delivery which OcUK are unable to fulfill, why is the extra fee not refunded as the delivery provider will not ask for the Saturday fee as the good did not leave the OcUK warehouse intime for a Saturday next day delivery which was not the fault of the delivery provider meaning that not only was the customer let down by OcUK with the customer not getting the goods until 4 days later on the Tuesday but OcUK has also pocketed an extra £10 or more for failing to dispatch the goods intime.
    It only seems right at the very least to refund the difference from Saturday next day fee to normal next day fee see as that what should happen in such situations anyway as this has happened a bit to often for my liking.

Edit: just incase some maybe thinking that i may not of place my order in time, i think 8:19 am Friday morning is more than enough of a head start for Saturday delivery for such small items being 4 sticks of ram.
    I have been let down plenty of times with them missing the next delivery date meaning that most often i end up going to collect it from the depot with extra expense to my self.

11. Logla

Logla Well-Known Member

They do have to refund you. It forms parts of your statutory rights. If they dont make the goods available to the courier then they are extorting money from you and this is illegal. A short, to the point email to remind them of this should see you have the refund. If they refuse, explain that you may take legal action under the the Sale of Goods act 1979
    Sale of Goods Act - BERR

12. Final8ty

Final8ty New Member

Damn there are a lot of typos in my post.
    I will be looking at my credit statements from the bank at the end of the month to see if i am in error & that i have just assumed that they will still take the £10 on top of the £8 seeing as my account status still shows me as being charged the Saturday fee at OcUK.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  13. Logla

Logla Well-Known Member

They probably will have charged you the saturday fee anyway. You might have to ask for the difference back.
    They then might ask you to take it up with the courier. If they do this then you need to tell them that you have a contract of sale with OCUK not with the courier. OCUK have the contract with the courier and its not the fault of the courier if the goods weren't available for collection. It is illegal to charge for one thing and sell another whether it be hardware or services such as saturday delivery. Double check all your invoices from OCUK and make sure they specifically state Saturday and how much they've charged for delivery. I've done this before and after the order has gone through I've realised that Saturday wasn't there.

14. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

I don't know how recent this addition was installed on the order procedure they use..Seeing as they now have the option to deliver on the date you require.If thats been used the surely that's overclockers.co.uk thats at fault and no body else's.

As Logla said in the post above double check you're receipt with both the order email they sent you,and also with the order dispatch email.

They should at least refund the differemce.

I for one (as said before) have never had any problem with them and it may just be a small majority who does.Hope it goes well for you. ;)

15. MIG-31

OK Ihave now seen my very first problem with Overclokers.co.uk

On Tuesday of this week i ordered a Asus Primo Basic from overclockers.co.uk

The basis for this purchase is cheap and cheerful Internet use in my lounge and intend to have this hooked up to my tv....(and a cheaper option than a Media Based option) Music & picture Database etc.

Now to the main point... Why do OC.UK have a choice of delivery date option during the order...if they are going to ignore it.After i paid around £10 next day delivery for the item.

I selected Jan 31 (Thursday and printed on my receipt) and i arranged for some one to wait in for me as i would not be in.After returning home from work on the (Wednesday) 30 of jan i have a missed Delivery notice on my doorstep from the couriers overclockers use.

After a telephone call i now have to wait till 04 of feb for delivery..i'm a little pissed of with the service.I'm still in a argument with them at this time for at least a refund on the delivery charge.

I know i won't win but this may be another customer they will loose.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  16. brutusmaximus

brutusmaximus New Member

first time ive heard of someone complaining about getting a delivery too early !

Isnt this the couriers fault though? unless overclockers didnt direct them to the delivery date. I mean if its citylink they suck so i doubt they can even read the dates. Royal mail? surprised you got it at all :p

Also you can drive to the couriers and pick it up, ive done it quite often?

I mean no offense MIG I can understand people being upset about hardware arriving broken, or the wrong stuff coming, or even a 2 week delay, but goods arriving a day early? :x

17. MIG-31

It's Dispatched by TnT and the delivery date is also on the Posting Lable i have been left.

Now if i had the pc now i would not be complaining at all.But i guess you missed a couple of parts to my previous post.

Thats the point of the pre-Date solection? so they (or the courier has not only inconvenienced myself but my mother also) The point is Documents should be read carefully and them mistakes should not happen.

The date i choose was the best in choice.If i stayed in i'd loose a days pay (which adds to the cost) so i have to call on my mother yet again for another wait in...

I feel thats a problem overclockers should sort out.

So what was that about complaining?

Anything previous to this i have never had a problem with overclockers.co.uk.

18. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

not that I haven't had my problems with OCUK, but it does sound like a courier problem more than anything.
    I've had set dates for parcels, and sat and waited for them , only to have a slip through the door and had to chase the courier into the street to find out what had happened to my parcel. It seems that not everyone is honest, believe it or not. half the ones I get in the north east don't even try to deliver the parcel first time out, they just put one of those "you missed us" slips through the door, and deliver it 3 days later.
    the delivery companies are b*stards through and through, don't be too quick to put it onto ocuk mate.

19. MIG-31

Sorry m8.... overclockers is my main source.... I will say 100% of my items has been delivered on time (and the date i selected) untill now.But as i am the customer i have a right to complain.I have paid for a service via overclockers,It's OC.UK'S responsibility to follow up on an incorrect delivery date.

It's eiter myself to collect (and cost me feul & Time) or wait for re-delivery.

As i said if i had the pc i would of been impressed.

20. brutusmaximus

brutusmaximus New Member

No I didn't miss it, i was trying to be humourous as I think you are getting really wound up over very little. I mean TNT tried to deliver a day early, no one was there and they have left information. You called them, asked them to redeliver and they are. If you wanted the item earlier you can go to their depot, bring the little thing they put through the letter box and get it immediately.

Well mistakes do happen, I think there is a vast difference in you getting a system a day early than a company ripping you off or it going to the wrong place, or the wrong thing arriving. My point is, are you SURE its overclockers fault? or have TNT just went the extra mile and tried to deliver it earlier to please a customer? Also, how can it have inconvenienced your mother, didnt you say no one was in when they tried to call initially? If so then your mother didnt have to wait about the day after ? so she has really had to do nothing so far? or am I missing something (seriously, im not trying to be a wise ass here).

Well overclockers should look into it, but in all honesty, if your attitude with them is like it is on the this forum with us im not sure they will care if they lose a customer !

Not sure, ive lost track of what the complaint was about now :x:D