overclocking my 9500pro (with stock cooling)

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by ZzzombieBunny, Dec 17, 2003.

1. ZzzombieBunny

ZzzombieBunny Cake or Death?

Hi there.

Ive been increasing my overclocking on my HIS Radeon 9500Pro a bit lately.
    It was at 275/270 when I purchased it, Infineon 3.3ns.

I went up to 300/300 without any problems, stayed there for a few months, no problems ever. Maybe one or two lockups during the summer.

Anyway the mem cant hold past 300 without giving artifacts, but ive got the core up to 375mhz without artifacts. Im keeping it around 350 currently to play it safe. Been so for a month now without any problems.

What im wondering is if the stock cooling really can handle it? Am I overdoing it with 375mhz on the core? Should I get a heatpipe for it just to be on the safe side and if so might I be able to push the core AND mem even more? Is there a point where the card actually starts to take drastic damage even if it shows no visible artifacts on screen?

I was getting kinda worried cause I noticed some people keep their cards at around 300/300 with stock cooling.

oh and my cpu is at 40c (45c at full load) and motherboard at around 32-34c if that helps.

2. Sharkims

Sharkims Seen my brain?

You need to keep it cool. A few suggestions I have.

Vantec IceBerq4 for the GPU. Tweakmonster BGA ramsinks for the memory.

To be sure what is really safe is the luck of the draw, but if you have been running at those speeds for as long as you say, there should be no problem. Just adding the above will decrease the chance of hardware failiure.