Overklock my system

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by Danhill, Jan 27, 2004.

1. craig588

craig588 Banned

Look at its chips and give me all of the letters/numbers off of them. That info you found is worthless other than talking to dumb people to sound smart.

2. Danhill

Danhill New Member

3. craig588

craig588 Banned

Didn't find anything about th chips in there, but I found that the max safe voltage for the ram is 3.6!! Usually its ony good ram chips that can take volts that high.

4. dipstick

dipstick New Member

The timings let the system know how long it has to wait to access the memory. The lower the timings, the faster the system will be. When OCing past their max specs you can get away by relaxing(higher numbers) the timings to get more MHz out of them. Unfortunatly I cannot find any other specs on your ram other than that they do CAS 2.5.
    You can start by running them at 8-3-3-2.5 and slowly going down on each one until you get instability. The only way to get the most out of them is by trial and error until you find the sweet spot. No one can tell you the optimal settings, you have to find them.
    Also I know the naming is confusing in the BIOS so here are the most common settings you should worry about.
    Using 8-3-3-2.5 as an example;
    TRAS= 8
    tRCD= 3
    RAS= 3
    CAS= 2.5

Hope this helps a little;)

5. Danhill

Danhill New Member

Okey, I will "experiment" with them under the weekend, thank you for feedback.

6. Danhill

Danhill New Member

Thank you Craig588