P35-DS3P rev2.0 with Q6600 Overclocking help [56K warning!]

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by soloscott, Jan 4, 2008.

1. soloscott

soloscott New Member

Well Just bought a Gigabyte P35-DS3P rev2.0 mother board and a Q6600 Quad 2.4ghz Processor. I'm somewhat inexperienced with overclocking. So far I have the machine stable at 3.0ghz on air. I took a screen shot of the CPUZ, and Everest for you more experienced guys to look at and make sure i'm not gonna fry something and possibly change the way I currently have it overclocked. I'd like to push it to 3.2ghz, just looking for some suggestions on what all my speed/timer/clock settings should be at. Cooling doesn't really seem to be an issue. All the cores idle at 40C, and under load do not go above 54c. Just looking for some input/advice, or see what somebody else has done with this configuration.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  2. soloscott

soloscott New Member

Any thoughts?

3. funkyfive

funkyfive New Member

Whats yr setup?

4. soloscott

soloscott New Member

5. soloscott

soloscott New Member

6. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

your rig looks nice. the best way to OC it would be going step by step increasing the fsb and add a bit more volt's to CPU and RAM.

7. soloscott

soloscott New Member

well that I know just looking to see if somebody else with this same setup is running stable on 3.2, and what would their settings be?

8. Pyongmu

Pyongmu New Member

For 3.2, try FSB-400, CPU multi-8X, Performance Enhance-Turbo DRAM multi- 2.5 , CPU Voltage- 1.3, DRAM Voltage- 2.2(+.4). I think you will like it.

9. Pyongmu

Pyongmu New Member

BTW, a good idea to include your sys info in your profile.

10. soloscott

soloscott New Member

I figured with the extensive list of pictures, and screen shots would be enough.....

11. Pyongmu

Pyongmu New Member

You did post an extensive spec for your system. But it is a pain having to scroll up the page to see it. And suppose if this thread lengthens to multiple pages... It's just nicer to have the sys info in your profile so that it can be easily seen throughout the thread.
    Anycase, back to your quest for3.2GHz, You basically have 2 options: 356x9x3 (3200/DDR1066) and 400x8x2.5 (3200/DDR1000). They are both easy, very stable, and the temperature increases should be small compared to 333x9.
    Try 'um both and post your results. Remember to bump up the CPU voltage a few notches to around 1.3V and keep the Performance Enhance to Turbo.
    Happy OCing.

I had a little spare time today and dug through my notes and found some additional information for you. These are my successful 3.2 OC's (successful meaning overnight stress test OK): 356x9x2.5 with 4-4-4-12 DRAM timing; 356x9x3 with 5-5-5-15 DRAM timing; 400x8x2.5 with 5-5-5-15 DRAM timing; and 400x8x2.5 with 4-4-4-12 DRAM timing. In all cases the Performance Enhance was Turbo, CPU-1.3V, and all DRAM subtimings Auto.

You have good memory modules and you should have no problems running the same settings and I recommend that you should try them all.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008