Palestine

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by kp59583, Nov 23, 2004.

1. mike2h

mike2h New Member

hey raid! a lot of the time i do not agree with you or like your 'manner'. but i just wanted to thank you for a well thought out, informative discourse.
    i have always favored israel & still do, but you have taken away the 'rosy tint'. guess i am going to have to get of my lazy ass & do some more research. again, thx.

2. raid517

raid517 New Member

Pedantic = exacting, overly precise, overly interested in the small detail of things, an academic insistence on precision; a bookish vocabulary; donnish refinement of speech; scholastic and excessively subtle reasoning - espesially in circumstances where such precision is not required.

Indeed it could be argued that I am being a little pedantic right now. :)

GJ

3. digerati

digerati Everyones life has worth

I hope you aren't like that with sex o_O

4. raid517

raid517 New Member

Lol... ;)

GJ

5. K.I.L.E.R

K.I.L.E.R Kronos, Father of Zeus

Palestine is the land of David which was originally the Jew's land.

http://www.churchisraelforum.com/the_lie_of_the_land.htm

I've watched a documentary about this as well.
    As far as I'm concerned Israel just got part of it's land back.

6. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

its about land...not religion, although religion is a component, genetically the israelis and the palestinians are related some several thousands years ago, they are part of a quarrelsum family.

7. K.I.L.E.R

Try telling that to the Jewish and Muslim people.
    For the Muslims and Jews, the land of Palestine never existed until recently.

The people may have been there but neither side wishes to acknowledge Palestine.

8. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

having listened to average people from the west bank and Gaza you would think they all want peace, but something always derails the peace process, it is maddening.

9. DarthElvis

DarthElvis New Member

Isreal might have BEEN the "land of David" or some other such nonesense. But
    people seem to gloss over one simple point . The Jews left. They moved. Whether it was by their own volition or not is irrelevant, claim was lost when they moved out. (see Diaspora (sp?))
    If someone moved out of their house (or was evicted), can they come back
    later and tell the current occupants to get out- it's our house? If someone tried that with me I'd beat them into a coma. If they tried it with a gun, then I'd leave. Only to come back and kill them in their sleep.
    The British and Americans gave the Zionists land that wasn't theirs to give. Period. How the Zionists got them to give them this land is very eye opening, but you'll have to research this yourself. Suffice to say I know where the modern terrorists learned their stuff, after all -it worked once.

10. kp59583

kp59583 New Member

You yourself said that if someone forced you from your house at gunpoint you would come back and take it back. Now why don't the Jews have that right if they were driven out?

11. DarthElvis

DarthElvis New Member

2000 Years invalidates their claim. And it was the Romans who evicted them, not the Palestinians. Talk to the Italians.
    Also, I would'nt expect my descendants to do the job I should have done myself. I defenately would'nt expect them to avenge them selves on people that had nothing to do with my having to leave.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  12. K.I.L.E.R

"2000 Years invalidates their claim."

Is this in UN law or are you just making this up?
    I've never heard this rule.

Some conflicts today are the result of what had happened 2000 years ago.

13. DarthElvis

DarthElvis New Member

Cool, so what your saying is I can go find a nice house , on a nice peice of property. Knock on the door and kill the occupants if they don't leave because some time in the past, one of my ancestors happend to call that particular peice of land home. Cool ,I'm going house hunting after supper.
    WooHoo !!! Maybe a nice place in international waters off the coast of America.

14. K.I.L.E.R

*cough* Answer my question. *cough*

Stop dodging the question. I'm simply asking a question. Can you please answer my question?

Is this in UN law or are you just making this up?
    I've never heard this rule.

15. bananaman

bananaman banana muncher

I think the idea that the land was theirs but they lost it is a flawed idea. Can any human really say where they, as a genetic human are originally from? Somewhere in Africa? Does this mean that humans can only exist in Africa. Moving on from that how many peoples have spread around the globe. I am "English" - what does this actually mean, I am pretty sure that my "blood" is not just from England, and is likely to be a mix of French, Nordic, Anglo-SAxon, Celt etc. The point is that almost every country in the world does not have its "original" inhabitants on it, it has passed through many hands (one only needs to think of the US!). Using the knowledge that you used to be there doesn’t hold that you should be there now. In the UK the Scots and the Welsh would have a pretty good case to kick out the English on the ' I was here first' grounds (that was only 1000 years ago!).

Nations must be thought of not as a land, but as a people, the Jewish nation is a group of people who have certain elements in common. The Jewish nation is not created through having a certain geographical similarity. Indeed this goes back to the above mentioned diaspora.

Some conflicts today may indeed be a result of actions that happened 2000 years ago, but they are only a result through an indirect line of consequence, and only through these events being highlighted and given particular reference by people today in order to fulfil a certain use. What I am trying to say is that history is not set in stone, it is not a factual record, it is created in the present to perform a certain function, and often validate certain claims. Having studied Archaeology I have often come across Biblical Archaeology – it is one of the forms of archaeology that must be most distrusted as it often has an ulterior motive: - the validation of the claim of land!

To Quote George Orwell:

""He who controls the present, controls the past. He who controls the past, controls the future."

NANA

16. DarthElvis

DarthElvis New Member

Bravo, well said.
    Btw, I'm not aware of any U.N. law that backs up what I've said. I'm not arguing on legal ground, but moral grounds. As far as I'm concerned, the U.N. is just as flawed as any other institution.

17. Pompey

Pompey New Member

I support the Palestinians. The Jewish People were NOT the first people to inhabit the area, nor were they there the longest. It was not the Arabs who expelled them, it was the Romans, the Arabs expelled THEM. It was the Europeans who later persecuted them. The Arabs have had no problem with them, except for the obvious arguments between Christianity, Judaism and Islam.

It wasn’t until the mass migration to Palastine of European Jews (Zionist movement) during the 30's, 40's and 50's that the Arabs had any real conflict with them.

Israel is a state founded on terrorism. When Britain (Palastine was part of the British empire) was leaning towards a Arab state in palastine the zionists attacked British and palastinian people, including the assassination of Lord Moyne in Cairo by a Jewish terrorist group (the stern gang) and many British soldiers attacked, kidnapped and murdered. Zionists also attacked palistinian villages, massacring the population (woman and children too) resulting in many civilians to flee to refugee camps. With an increasing pro-Israeli America and sympathy over the holocaust the Jews got what they wanted, a Jewish state.

Some palastinians are now in refugee camps in neighbouring countries. Most though are living in ghetto’s in the westbank and the Gaza strip. These two areas (about 22% on the land area of palastine) are now being settled by Jewish settlers, the 'houses' the palastinians live in are demolished at will for new roads connecting the Jewish settlements (and cutting off the palastinians from each other) or security instalments. Most palastinian houses don’t have a water supply while the settlers take the limited resource at will.

Its Ironic how a state founded on terrorism can’t understand why the palastinians would do it. The Jewish population suffered so much and yet they are so willing to turn around and do it to someone else. Israel continues on a zionist, expansionist corse and wont stop until America stops supporting it.

Why should the middle east pay for Europes mistake

Last edited: Jan 17, 2005