Paramount Plus unveils trailers for 'Star Trek' animated series 'Prodigy', 'Lower Decks'

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Calliers, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

The cast and creators of Paramount Plus' 'Star Trek: Prodigy' and 'Star Trek: Lower Decks' debuted the teaser trailer for the series on Friday during the virtual Comic-Con@Home panel for the 'Star Trek' TV universe. According to Variety, the former animated series will debut in the US this fall, while the latter returns to the streamer on August 12.

'Prodigy' is the first 'Star Trek' series aimed at younger audiences. It will follow a motley crew of young aliens who must figure out how to work together while navigating a greater galaxy, in search of a better future. At the beginning of this show, the six young outcasts know nothing about the starship they've commandeered, of which the trailer provides a glimpse. But over the course of their adventures together, each will be introduced to Starfleet, and the ideals it represents.

Emmy winners Kevin and Dan Hageman have developed 'Prodigy'. The show is produced by CBS Studios' Eye Animation Productions, Secret Hideout, Roddenberry Entertainment and the Nickelodeon Animation Studio. The trailer also unveiled the first look at that starship, which is not, as the show's title might suggest, named 'Prodigy'. Instead, a close look revealed it's named to be 'U.S.S. Protostar'.

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I am confused about the "aimed at younger audiences"
    I have yet to meet someone who didn't start watching Star Trek while a kid. Including myself.
    I hope it is good, but I can't say I am optimistic about new Star Trek shows.

3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Typically the terminology today when they say "aimed at younger audiences" tends to suggest that it'll be heavily "diverse" in the races in the cast (like it never was in literally all the star treks)... That it'll often have heavy trans/multi gender/feministic, privileged aware, whatever other nonsense, content that has absolutely no place in the trek verse in the first place.

4. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

You guys know that @Judas is gender fluid right?