Partition is missing or hidden

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by coveride, Oct 14, 2004.

1. coveride

coveride New Member

Ive had problems with my computer if u want to no more look up "coveride" in the users search and read "Please help Me" thread.
    I have learnt more and my hard drive says it has 62% of unused space this is said by partition magic. it also says its fat32. it was NTFS b4 wen i had XP Pro on it. Is there anyway to find that partition thats there coz it says 62% unused space so it is there but its hidden somehow and i cant convert it to NTFS. Ny programs that can do that or find the hidden partition?
    thankx

2. Shinjikun

Shinjikun 第3 子供

How did it get from NTFS to FAT32? Did you remove Windows XP Pro and convert to something else? Would you mind doing a complete format and starting over from scratch?

If you don't want to format you might have to convert to NTFS (if the OS supports if, if you're not using XP that is) and then use Partition Magic to reallocate your unused space back to the primary partition. Normally things like this don't just happen so something might have been done on the computer to cause this to occur.