PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver Suite 2014 V1.00 Default Tweak Edition

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCIe X-Fi Series' started by Robert McClelland, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

PS Warning This might be my loudest set ever Don't blame me you get calling cops on you or your parents turning down the music haha.
    Welcome to New Driver Set.
    03/07/14
    Base on XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0008
    Right Rear Speaker should be much louder after someone fix spelling error in few ini :). And Let me know if the popping ect.. has been fix.
    Enjoy them people rock your heart out.
    http://www.hardwareheaven.com/downl...ver Suite 2014 V1.00 Default Tweak Edition.7z
    Setup works now sorry about that ;).
    Please redownload it thankyou .

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  2. Robert McClelland

3. Cosmichaos

Cosmichaos Grandmaster of Disaster

AW: PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver Suite 2014 V1.00 Default Tweak Edition

Good build. Have no regressions here, so from my point of view.. this one goes ready for final v1.05 2014... or kinda:)

Just wanted to add, that my sporadic distortion sounds like electromagnetic interference, are high likely not driver based. I had the same prodlem with latest CreativeDriver and nobody else seem to have the same problem.

Seems that something sometimes interferes the wires of my speakers.... damnit i need optica, no idea where it comes from and why it only happens sometimes for a periodic time of few seconds. It's so annoying :D

I wouldn't wonder if the fresh Logitech Z506 is bad.

Edit: Yes its the Logitech, the cinch plug for front-right speaker seems to have a problem with grounding... when i plug-in a different speaker at that port the distortion moves to that speaker. :(

4. ethermite

ethermite New Member

Afternoon,
    Many thanks for the quick update to the new drivers.
    I was just modifying the mids.ini & treble.ini files in system32 to the mastering setup and I think I’ve noticed some mistakes.

mids.ini

Line 33: LowFrequencySeparation should be MediumFrequencySeparation

treble.ini

Line 30: InputLowControl should be InputTrebleControl
    Line 31: OutputLowControl should be OutputTrebleControl
    Line 32: LowFrequencySeparation should be HighFrequencySeparation

5. blobba

blobba New Member

Installed the driver a hour ago.. Sound is fine but my mic sounds like i speak through a pillow.
    I dont know what that is and how to fix that :(

edit: fixed it
    I deinstalled the whole soundcard in the device manager + ccleaner and the remaining files manualy.
    did that 2 or 3 times and at the 3rd time it worked.. dont know how but its fixed ;)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  6. Cosmichaos

hmm your probably no more running PAX xD

I had similar problem last time I tried "Rightmark Audio Analyzer"... i just clicked ASIO and Speaker was gone
    . Shutdown, coldboot did't help :D Needed to completely uninstall driver, cold boot and reinstall driver again.

During that i found out that my WIndows-FOlders contained about 1 Gigabyte PAX-drivers. SO i spent some time, switching to every single driver, remove AND deinstall it, than reboot and continue with the next :D

Did same for Nvidia. Now 2Gb more free space xD

But...

i wonder if these microphone.ini-settigns are really good:

Configuration\ReverbWetControl,5%
    Configuration\ReverbDryControl,100%
    Configuration\ReverbERControl,10%

I only know barely that Wet make up distance (hall/echo) form the Dry signal.
    So to me it seems like this setup is creating 5%-hall.

Can anyone explain how to tweak microphone Dry,Wet ER for optimum? Or is it optimaly setup already?

7. Cosmichaos

BTW:

microphone.ini:

Configuration\MicLine-InQuaitlyBass,100% <---- Quality or Quietly? Can't decide .. let's name it Quaitly :D
    Configuration\MicLine-InQuaitlyTreble,100%
    Configuration\MicLine-InQuaitlyoiceVocal,100% <---- Voice
    Configuration\MicLine-outQuaitlyVoiceVocal,100% <--- Out
    Configuration\MicLine-OutQuaitlyBass,100%
    Configuration\MicLine-OutQuaitlyTreble,100%

8. blobba

blobba New Member

Well in ''Sound'' the creative mic and speakers are selected and the and the volume lvl in the sound options (windows) are moving as well.

Strange thing is, i had the problem with my onboard as well after it got magicaly fixed..

9. Cosmichaos

What i found out is causing troubles most of the time is "cables".

I discovered that the Chinh-port of my subwoofer is working properly, but the 3,5mm-jack-cables and cable-plugs are way badly shielded. Not only that a single-pair-cable of is internally mostly badly shieldet... Logitech provided 2 types of 3,5mm-jack plug cables for my Z506, one green-colored single cable and one dual-cable for the orange and black-plug.

o_O so we have 4 wires, without proper shield, stick close together here.

[​IMG]

WTF logitech. When I took the 3,4mm-jack-plug-dual-cable for black and orange and divorce it into to 2 cables by pulling them of each other... my hole distortions, without anything but the cables onnected at all (no pc plugged in) and speakes system at max-volume greatly reduced.

Reminds me of the problem of those days:
    [​IMG]

So.. good 5.1 system.. with ultra cheap cable-solution that creates ground loop/ripple pickup. :( I guess the designers originally wanted to put all 3 jack-plugs together in a couple but that created to much ground-loop, so they ripped of one of them and it sounded "OK" at medium volume... thats so idiotic at all.

Still when I unplug the black or the yellow one it's completely gone, while I cannot reproduce it in the same jack with only the green-colored cable. This works fine in all plugs. So not only it is faulty besign, yellow and black cables are also faulty by construction! The are "short" on ground!

So basically the shielding of the yellow and the black jack-plugs are bad and I need to replaced both for me to go max volume with only minal distortion. At least I can do that without turning in the hole system. :(

Actually it's a crap for loudness, but PAX is fine seems not to be the reason.

Also i have a headphone/mic-combo that has a weird 3,5m-jack plug for the headphone. While it's pluged in suddenly right-ear is mute...but not completely, still it receives signal from the left-ear from the faulty plug decently.

The headphone i had before also had a faulty plug... was muted when completely plugged in.... always needed to poll it out half a milimeter :/

I hate bad quality cables and cable-plugs.... those rage me!

This or similar might be the case for your microphone, since you experiened it with different sound-cards. Another idea would be that Realtek mic-software was running interfering with filters. You should completely deactivate on-board sound when using a dedicated sound-card. Yeah, technically most of the time having both active and configuring windows will work fine... but sometimes it does not.

10. Robert McClelland

Theater Solutions TS514 5.1 Multimedia Powered Home Theater Surround Sound Speaker System get those ;)

11. Cosmichaos

You suggest me to replace an expensive system while it's crystal clear that 3 cheap cable-replacements will fix it!? ;)
    Rhetorical question, i just assume you want to express how good your own system is, and recommand that for any case. :D

I hope that you read the other posts above about the microphone.ini spelling issues and dry,wet,ER-control questions for microphone. Please see if you can take care of that, because i think these are important.

With telling you the root-cause of my sound-problems i only wanted to make clear that they are not your fault at all. Sound of PAX-driver is great, i feel bad of going offtopic with my speaker-sys. Anyways, it's just a good hint to always triple-check and detaily examining cables if "crackling" happens...whatever "we" not touched them, except "we" have optical...because "wires" are technically a very BAD-idea for analog-audio signals :D .

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  12. Robert McClelland

all right I did those fixes new set be uploading soon.

13. Robert McClelland

03/10/14
    Fix more mistakings I think we getting close to official release 2014 V1.00 .
    http://www.hardwareheaven.com/downlo...k%20Edition.7z
    Please double check make sure everything ready for official release if you wish enjoy
    PS Fixes are to long to post in forum please check out readme for corrections.

14. Twizted_Playa

Twizted_Playa I Miss My AMIGA 4000t

Hello all, I have a question regarding the soundfont midi mapping of these drivers.

on the original set of drivers from creative I had installed years ago for this card, I was only to get soundfont bank a, with these releases from you I once again have both bank a and b playback for this particular card. howsoever this is posing a question.

if memory serves me correctly , back in the day of the original soundblaster-live running win98/xp.. I could goto the bank manager load a bank, and ANY midi from the net would use that font. from observations that would be bank a, howsoever I have noticed that this is not true now, with both banks operating now, the soundfonts default to bank b, and can not be set default for standard gm file playback thru media player for example.

has somehow the 2 banks been reversed in their assignment?.

this observation holds true for this machines pci-e fatality champion, as well as the other machines pci xtreme music card installed.. it would make sense that once a font is set it goes to the industry default channel for all playback. also have observed that older music I had written had soundfont bank a set default in the cakewalk files, which also triggered this question I am posing.

also how to avoid founts larger than the 8mb standard issues to stop the bloody studdering/crackling/popping/dropping notes?

I hope this all makes sense to you

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  15. eszcrew

eszcrew New Member

Hi all,

I've instaled new version of drivers on win7 x64 and get a problem... Again after 2 years of fine working/playing sound with old PAX drivers, now audio levels starting be wavy while playing mp3 or video. It's distracting so much becouse diffrence between changes is something like 30%.

I thing is question to @Robert McClelland, is this because audio in mp3/video are VBR? I've notice when audio bitrate changes during playback, then level of audio changed.

I disable: audio gain in winamp, SVM, CMSS-3d, EAX, Crystalizer and it's still wavy... Please help!!!!

16. Cosmichaos

Sounds like codec problem with volume-normalisation (player feature), since PAX is not decoding your mp3.

Are you using K-Lite codec pack? If yes try to re-install latest version with default settings.

If you use it, than maybe some settings for the decoder (im using LAV) are wrong... like it may enforcing highdynamic range or channel-mixing, or pro logic (II) matrix-encoding.

Also check that your mediaplayer, whatsoever, does not use volume-normalisations for audio-mp3. I would suggest you to only use volume-normalisation if you have a movie with to loud effects and too silent voices.... but it's acid for music of any kind.

Do you have DTS Connect or DolbyDigitalLive Encoder enabled, these may interfere too? If yes try disable them.

Also because the player in the end selects the way of decoding...maybe you just try another player.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  17. Robert McClelland

New set coming soon maybe couple hours ;) More spelling fixes ;) That could help.

18. Robert McClelland

03/13/14
    I'm hoping this be last set before official Yes they are base on new from March 7 2014 from creative.
    http://www.hardwareheaven.com/downlo...k%20Edition.7z
    Please double check make sure everything ready for official release if you wish enjoy
    PS Fixes are to long to post in forum please check out readme for corrections.

19. Twizted_Playa

Twizted_Playa I Miss My AMIGA 4000t

I had found the answer to my midi mapping question myself.. yes either of both banks in the cards can be loaded with a soundfont. this card follows the audigy2zs method

The Sound Blaster Live!, Sound Blaster Audigy, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 and Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS cards have two hardware based MIDI Synth: Synth A and Synth B, each with 16 MIDI channels. To utilize all 32 MIDI channels, it is necessary to load SoundFont banks, either same or different SoundFont files for both of them.
    To load SoundFont Banks with a Sound Blaster Live, Sound Blaster Live! 5.1, or Sound Blaster Audigy card, go to AudioHQ in Control Panel, then click on SoundFont. Click on the Options tab, and select SB Audigy Synth A (or similar), then click the Configure Bank tab and load each of the desired SoundFont files. Repeat the procedure for SB Audigy Synth B (or similar).
    To load SoundFont Banks with a Sound Blaster audigy 2 card, go to Start, Programs, Creative, Sound Blaster Audigy 2, then click on SoundFont Bank Manager. Click on MIDI Device, select Synth A, then load the desired SoundFont banks; repeat the procedure for Synth B.
    In addition, if you are loading different SoundFont banks in Synth A and Synth B, make sure that the Bank numbers do not overlap.

20. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 New Member

You da man Rob! :)