PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver Suite discuss help thread :)

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCIe X-Fi Series' started by Robert McClelland, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Re: PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver Suite V2.25 Default Tweak Edition7.28.12

Been reupdated with official driver link :) not official out but you call it as you will :D

2. 16GHz

16GHz New Member

Great sound, I wonder if you could set the defaults to:

1. Control Panel->Sound sampling rates to max Hz for all [i.e. 192kHz/96kHz for the rest (DP/HDMI)/ and recording tab]
    2. FlexiJack to Mic
    3. Default mode to Entertainment
    4. EAX and CMSS off for Entertainment and Audio Creation modes
    5. CMSS options from Auto to On for Game mode

Those are the most common settings, that would make it easier to install and test every day's new version since that is what most people set it to/would want.

Also, but not as important, use the 3D surround .ini files instead of Mastering by default

It would make it more intuitive/easier for less technically knowledgeable people. I really don't see why anyone would want different settings. Is that possible, or don't you agree that those are the common choices of the majority?

3. Razunter

Razunter New Member

Îòâåò: PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver Suite V2.25 Default Tweak Edition7.28.12

#1 shouldn't be default, it will cause issues in some games

4. gijs007

gijs007 Member

Just reinstalled windows and installed your drivers from a few days ago, is it possible to update your new inf files without reinstalling the drivers?

5. SMRDcompany

SMRDcompany New Member

Go to Control Panel > Device Manager > Sound Devices, right click Create X-Fi and select Update Driver

Select Let Me Choose and Have Disk, then navigate to your Drivers/wdm/common folder in your X-Fi driver and select the higlighted .inf

That's how you update your driver without reinstalling the suite

6. Robert McClelland

Re: PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver Suite V2.25 Default Tweak Edition7.30.12

Bump final driver :D No more changes everything is fix in this driver set :D

7. gijs007

gijs007 Member

Doesn't work for me, it doesnt allow the bass.ini,etc files only .inf

8. Razunter

Razunter New Member

Îòâåò: Re: PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver Suite V2.25 Default Tweak Edition7.30.12

3D Surround settings look a lot different than defaults. Is it normal?
    Readme for frequencies looks outdated.

9. Robert McClelland

Re: Îòâåò: Re: PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver Suite V2.25 Default Tweak Edition7.30.

well can you make me updated new one lol? Yes normal :). Sorry about delay my msn account got hack had pay 70 bucks get fix and new outlook account :).

10. Robert McClelland

no you need used wdma_emu threw device manager ;).

11. CasanovaFly

CasanovaFly New Member

For the life of me I cannot get this set to work. On the first page it says the SPDIF out issue has been fixed but I've just downloaded it now and installed it and SPDIF does not work. I've tested the cable and the stereo output on my card works. SPDIF will not, though.

That said, been using these for a while and I'm very appreciative. Great work.

12. Robert McClelland

Wait for official set come out :) be later tonight :)

13. rvcjew

rvcjew Willing to Help

cant wait

14. CasanovaFly

CasanovaFly New Member

Tried rolling back to installs of 2.00 and 1.50 and still no luck. Something's obviously wrong with my Windows install or SOMETHING because I've had 1.50 working beforehand for months. And I believe I did have 2.25 working for a few days before I migrated to a new SSD.

Willing try to resolve the problem myself (since it's my own). My apologies.

15. Robert McClelland

Ya you may want wait if you have issue try new 2.25 set it's been hugely over haul ;)

16. CasanovaFly

CasanovaFly New Member

Problem solved: I'm a huge idiot. I have no reason to believe that the 2.25's are working anything but fine. Gotta go to bed so no chance to test tonight. Will probably just wait for the non-beta of 2.25 or whatever is supposed to drop any minute now!

17. Robert McClelland

They been out since 2am :)

18. BF3000

BF3000 New Member

Îòâåò: PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver Suite discuss help thread :)

2.25 lookin (and sound) good on my PC.
    Except one thing. There is too many bass. And volume is a bit lower by default.
    Any chance to know how to set tweaks to this driver sound exactly like in official drivers?

19. Robert McClelland

Re: Îòâåò: PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver Suite discuss help thread :)

You can lower the bass by lower hz :) in your windows file system match the hz and khz setting to your speakers. Make sure you save each inf :). And restart the system.

20. milktree

milktree New Member

ive been trying to get a good surround setup with my headphones on these drivers, and i think the way that will bring the most quality would be to set the creative console to 2.1 and set the windows control panel to 5.1 or 7.1. however, the sync with control panel feature has been removed for a long time in creative's drivers. is it possible for you to add this setting back in, or do you know of any registry tweaks i can make to lock the windows control panel speaker settings?