Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCIe X-Fi Series' started by Robert McClelland, Jul 18, 2012.
set windows to 5.1, then go into creative cp and set it to headphones. turn on cmss-3d and vuala.
i know that is possible, but i want 2.1 in the creative console and 5.1 in the windows settings. it was possible a couple years ago before creative removed the " sync with control panel" feature. i like the way 2.1 sounds a lot more than the headphone setting.
Hi Guys, Ive just installed this pack on Windows 8 64 RP but unfortunately I cant seem to find the THX console...can anyone tell me the name of the file I need to instal / which folder it's in pls?
EDIT: BTW..I've installed the PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver Suite V2.25 Default Tweak Edition & I have a Titanium Fatality pro PCIe Card.
Did you disable the driver sign first?
Hi Robert, I think I found out why this pack didn't want to install.
Its being caused by a hotfix pack for windows 7: http://hotfix2.cesidian.info/
I've used the x64 version on a clean windows install and after that I couldn't install your driver anymore.
Did anyone succeeded to enable test mode for Win8 RTM, I don't like hitting hot keys during boot up...
BTW Robert did you base these drivers on the latest one that Creative released with the certificate, or modifying those drivers voids the cert?
I used the set from C set from last Dec 11.
Yeah definitely not these ones XFTI_PCDRV_WIN8_BETA_US_2_17_0008C.exe
there same set they just updated support cab only lol
Just installed and there are a few things I like and a few that I don't.
First the likes:
1) All I can say about the bass is WOW!! My Subwoofer bumps so hard the whole room vibrates!!
2) I can set the master volume in volume panel to 5% and it still gives plenty of power.
3) In audio creation mode all 5 channels (I have 5.1 speakers) are being seen and used. Other drivers just see 2 channels.
Ok now the dislikes:
1) Bass is so strong that it may be too much. Cannot seem to get it clean sounding no matter what I try. Either is too much or not enough and can't seem to find a middle ground.
2) In audio creation mode music is not steady but fades in and out. Also has muddy sound.
3) Game mode also sounds muddy and muffled.
4) Getting some of the worst crackling ever.
Now if we could have the volume power and bass of this version with the clean sound from your last version then it would be an awesome driver.
I could make ENT Game and Audio mode infs improve bass and muddy issue? You know you can set your speaker hz khz right?
Ok here's what I did. I copied the tweaks.ini from 2.25 into the last driver suite I have of yours dated 3-8-2012 (which is what I was using before trying 2.25) and installed it. IT SOUNDS GREAT!! My X-Fi sounds better then it ever has!! Awesome bass, crackling gone and good volume!!!! It finally sounds crisp and clean like it should! Thank you!!!
Separate names with a comma.