PAX_SBZxR_CD_LD_1_00_24_2014V1.10

Discussion in 'PAX Download - Z/ZX/ZXR' started by Robert McClelland, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

2. Wolfseye

Wolfseye New Member

Hi guys, I gotta a question. I have the Soundblaster ZxR but have a few troubling issues with it. More often than I like, the sound out of a sudden gets all distorted and squeeky and only a restart of the PC can fix the issue. But until the PC shuts down, that sound gets through all your ears, nerves etc. and makes you crazy. Only have that since I have this Soundcard.

Also, sometimes occasionally the Microphone stops working. We're in Skype or Teamspeak, and out of a sudden the microphone is just dead. Its not the headset, tried it on other PC's but its also not working. Sometimes a restart of the PC helps, sometimes not even and I dont know why. First of all, am I the only one with these issues on this Soundcard model and second, does it help to use the PAX drivers instead ?

Also, if I want to use the PAX drivers, I assume I must first deinstall all Creative on my System, and use DRIVER CLEANER PRO to get rid of really all remaining Creative Files. And then install PAX, correct ? Does that mean I dont have that nice Settings Panel of the ZxR anymore as well ?

http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2013/02/creative-sound-blaster-z-review/software-5b.jpg

This one I mean. I dont know how its done in PAX, but I would really like to stick with that panel. I guess those dont work together somehow, right ? How are these settings managed in PAX ?

Any information about these things would be greatly appreciated so I know what to do next. Thank you very much in advance.

Wolfseye

3. LoccOtHaN

LoccOtHaN Ne01

Dont uninstall anything just go with upgrade drivers through Device Manager and remember to put this :

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

then restart and Install PAX and then:

bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF

Should be OK then :D

4. Wolfseye

Wolfseye New Member

Probably a stupid question, but where exactly do I the bcdedit things you mentioned above ? And when exactly ? Sorry, never used such a command / function before so I better ask to get it right. ;)

Wolfseye

5. Robert McClelland

Make sure you installed audio controller first :)

6. Wolfseye

Wolfseye New Member

Ok, but what does that mean considering my last post ? :)
    Sorry, just trying to understand before i screw something up.

Wolfseye

7. Robert McClelland

Yes you muss Install official version before using my set.

8. Wolfseye

Wolfseye New Member

Thank you Robert, that much I understood. But I am still unsure about that above mentioned BCEdit which I never used or heard of since I am using Windows, which is quite many years. Do I need to do that above mentioned, and if, where, when and how? Sorry for being unclear before.

Wolfseye

9. Robert McClelland

After you install official set then disable driver sign then go to device manager then have threw disk search the inf and wait to driver sign box pop up and install it and reboot.

10. Wolfseye

Wolfseye New Member

Lets say I get that working, what I said above, the issues i have with this Soundblaster, did any of you hear that before from others or is this problem unique to me ? In which case installing different drivers is not the solution. Just dont know.

Wolfseye

11. maxxodd

maxxodd New Member

You are not alone with this problem. I got it too. Still don't know how to fix it. Nothing really helps: 1) trying to put it in different pci-e slot; 2) disabling sli profile; 3) upgrade win8 to win8.1; 4) reinstall everything etc.

Also about BCDedit: try to open up console by hitting Win key, then search for "cmd" (w/o quotes), then right click on it and choose "Run as Administrator" and then write bcdedit commands like LoccOtHaN mentioned (one at a time).

This:
    bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

after installing original drivers

and this:
    bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF

after installing PAX drivers.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  12. Wolfseye

Wolfseye New Member

Thanks maxxodd. So you're saying you already tried PAX and that didnt really help the issue ?
    Damn, and I thought here would be a solution with these drivers. Since you tried it with Win8/Win8.1 it makes me wonder if its something Soundblaster Hardware related and maybe a production error.

I bought it in April over Amazon, so if its kinda broken I can return it and still get my money back. Problem is, compared to the X-Fi Titanium PCI-E that I had before, I really love the sound of the ZxR. If I would know that just some Models are screwed and have these issues, I would know if it would make sense to return it and get another and hope thats ok.

But I didnt found anyone else on the Internet complaining about such things.

Wolfseye

13. maxxodd

maxxodd New Member

Most stable version of PAX drvs for me is v1.05 here (no random clicky sounds, noises or else and it randomly switches from Stereo to 5.1 very rarely, so I can live with that): http://www.hardwareheaven.com/community/threads/pax_sbzxr_cd_ld_1_00_24_2014_v1-05.227441/
    So you're saying you already tried PAX and that didnt really help the issue?
    Yeah, exactly.
    I think the core problem of this issue is hidden somewhere in the drivers' section that responds to the DirectSound commands executed by OS. For example, when I browsing web with Chrome or scrolling Games Store in Steam with original drivers I hear some clicky high pitch noises (both apps uses GPU rendering). When I disable GPU rendering/compositing in Chrome - that problem automatically disappears. And another example is alt-tabbing from fullscreen game - my stereo channels switches every time. Especially in games based on Source Engine like Counter-Strike Source, CS:GO or Insurgency.

And there are plenty of posts with such problems, like:
    1) Random Sound Changes @ http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=25323543
    2) ZXR - randomly swapping my 5.1 channels around @ http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=699420
    3) SoundBlaster Zx messes up surround channels at runtime @ http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=700135
    4) Really frustrated with this creative sound blaster z sound card @ http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1799296
    ...you can find more if you want.

I think that first of all you should try a couple of old versions of drivers located here (each one ~150-200 mb):
    1) v1.00.16 @ http://files2.europe.creative.com/manualdn/Drivers/AVP/12777/0x94212C54/SBZxR_CD_LD_1_00_16.exe
    2) v1.00.22 @ http://ccftp.creative.com/manualdn/Drivers/AVP/12829/0x98555E4F/SBZxR_CD_LD_1_00_22.exe

PS if I were you I would consider a full refund and go buy Asus Xonar. Period.

14. franco.exe

franco.exe New Member

Hello, and thank's in advance for your help and sorry for my english.
    I bought a sound blaster zxr and I have a lot of problems, including distorted sound, click and problems in counter strike source. I only play counter strike. Every time I must reboot to restore the audio.
    I tried the latest driver downloaded from creative SBZxR_CD_LD_1_00_24 --> (no problem in css, but I don't like how it sounds (click and random distortion in center speaker), I prefer the PAX)
    I tried PAX_SBZxR_CD_LD_1_00_24_2014_V_1.05 --> (I like the sound it gives me problems in cs:s)
    I tried PAX_SBZxR_CD_LD_1_00_24_2014_V_1.10 --> (I like the sound it gives me problems in cs:s)
    I formatted each time
    My configuration: z97-deluxe, 2x8gb 1866 corsair veanenge pro, i7 4790k (liquid cooling), velociraptor 300gb, amd hd4870 1gb, dvb tv terratec pcie-1x, enermax revolution 1050 watt (v3,344, v5.080, v12.192), sound blaster zxr connected to yamaha rx-v640rds with optical cable (dts) and 6 rca, windows 7 64 bit no uefi, fast boot, secure boot and integrate audio disabled
    my questions are:
    1) windows update shows the update "Creative - Audio Device - Sound Blaster controller" 30\04\2014 I have to install before, after or ignore it? (this is ->> 6.0.103.25 09/12/2013; official and pax is ->> 6.0.102.23)
    2) to install the pax after formatting I have to install the entire suite official SBZxR_CD_LD_1_00_24 or I select only the drivers? Either I can directly install the pax?
    3) Drivers AMD hdmi included in the catalyst can give problems as the realtek?
    I'm really angry with creative, is the third card I bught (audigy platinum-->PAX driver, x-fi fatality fps-->PAX driver, zxr), and in none I could use the official drivers. This is the last.
    Robert McClelland Thanks for your mod and thanks for the answers!

15. Robert McClelland

You muss Install official creative package then my driver set by going threw have disk threw device manager. Make sure you run crap cleaner to fix reg and defrag reg before installing them.

16. franco.exe

franco.exe New Member

ok, this is the correct procedure?
    1) I install windows, do all updates to windows update without "Creative - Audio Device Sound Blaster
    Controller" (and hide it)
    2) install chipset vga ecc
    3) install official creative driver (reboot)
    4) crap cleaner, defrag, disable driver signing and reboot
    5) device manager , update driver --> manual --> driver disk --> search "ctHda.inf"
    (PAX_SBZxR_CD_LD_1_00_24_2014V1.10\Audio\program files\Creative\Sound Blaster Z-Series\Program\Driver)

--> I have to update them all? "Sound Blaster Audio Controller", "Sound Blaster ZxR" and "Sound Blaster ZxR DBpro"

6) reboot without installing PAX suite
    7) enable windows driver signing
    thanks

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  17. Robert McClelland

No you need the Creative - Audio Device Sound Blaster if not you won't get 5.1 sound to work on just found that out long time ago this why you muss installed that first or install official whole package then my set :).

18. 6u4rdi4n

6u4rdi4n New Member

Im having a problem. When Im in device manager trying to install the driver, I only get the message "Windows has determined that the driver software for your device is up to date". How do I come around this?

19. Robert McClelland

easy to fix go to system protection > hardware device installation settings Choice No then Never installed driver softer from windows updated :) I did rebuild the driver again I post new updated soon maybe tomorrow.

20. 6u4rdi4n

6u4rdi4n New Member

Thanks. I actually managed to solve it somehow earlier though. No idea how I did it, but it worked. Awesome work! Keep it up!