PC keeps BOOTING from gaming

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by rayagepj, Jun 13, 2013.

1. rayagepj

rayagepj New Member

My brother likes to play this RGC thing and crysis after a month of continues addiction the PC that we just bought started to boot from several times...

is it about the motherboard? im thinking to replace the motherboard then what could be a good one for such a game addict user?

2. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

The first think to check are the CPU and GPU temperatures with something like HWMonitor.

3. rayagepj

rayagepj New Member

The temperature of the GPU is well below 100 degrees so i dont think thats a problem. Also there are 3 FANs in my case that take care of a good air flow. But the systems is 3 years old now, so i think its time for an upgrade anyway :D

4. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

How about listing the specs of the PC? We're shooting in the dark here to begin with.

5. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

That GPU temperature, is it while you are on desktop or while you are gaming? CPU temperature matters as well.

Considering the age of the PC, it could be other things, like power supply (which slowly loses power over time), or maybe a stick of RAM gone bad.

6. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

I'd also take a close look at the motherboard as well to see if there are any busted/bulging capacitors. In particular the ones around the CPU, the ones around the first PCIe graphics slot, and the ones around the main power connector from the power supply.

7. rayagepj

rayagepj New Member

Guy, thanks for your advice. I took a close look at that, but i couldnt see any hint for an error. I just asked a friend who is more deep into that stuff.

the GPU temperature is during gaming, on desktop its much lower. My friend also told me its just fine with that.

We removed a RAM, but it did not help, we even replaced the power supply. =(

I was looking for those capacitors again and honestly i couldnt tell if they are really broken or just look strange :p

Anyway i borrowed a biostar board from him that he does not use anymore, but it has the same socket thankfully.

but guess what? IT WORKS AGAIN! No problems ever since :D

I mean, the switch is really big from asus to biostar, but for now it seems to work quite good at all. And its better than buying a complete new one :-/

8. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Take a look.

Pretty much all the variations of bad capacitors in those pictures are what you are looking for.

That said though, glad you got it working.;)

9. somran

somran New Member

Whenever a pc keeps on rebooting, it is always about the problems in the motherboard. Get it checked with a computer professional.

10. rayagepj

rayagepj New Member

Yeah Thanks a lot! all in all lesson learned. whew! job done and so far this motherboard save my wallet for now and im amazed how the features from this board works.

could be "blessing indisguise" hahaha

but it was good experience though' Thanks for all the advices.