PC Mark 10 Basic

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by Dyre Straits, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

After shutdown i can do nothing, pull the power lead leave it 30 seconds and then it boots ok

If I video edit and watch movies browse etc it fine

Soon as I start a game or run 3D mark its a hard crash 2 out of 5 times

Furmark however has done 3 X 20 minute runs with no issue so Im pushed towards the PSU ...Ill grab another from my Brother in law and just strip it down over the weekend

2. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

Hmmm, sorry to hear of the troubles you're having with your new system, make a new thread in Hardware and we'll get to the bottom of this.

3. Mr Cairo

Im going to swap out the power supply first see if that helps if not Ill start a thread.... fact i can video edit and furmark runs ok points me to PSU or Mobo.. PSU change is pretty straight forward so I will start there, have to get a wedding video edited first though.

4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

if you can.. ALWAYS run 2 separate cables to a GPU that has 2 connectors.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  5. Mr Cairo

Yeah I do remember that (again im sure it was advice you gave years ago) and i did use 2 seperate molex connections from 2 seperate cable lines.

6. Mr Cairo

BTW spent 2 hours redeiting a wedding video and have now sent it to upscale using Gigapixel Ai ... 45 minutes of edited vid set to upscale to HD and an estimated 6-10 hours to complete lets see if it makes it :)

Dyre Straits likes this.
  7. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

And?

8. Mr Cairo

Sorry I should have come back, TBH its come out ok, better than I expected actually, there is a definite overall improvement in the video, its removed some of the blurriness and sharpened the clothing and edges of buildings the features on some people are better some of the time. Its not as much as I had hoped but TBH for the age of the video I suppose any improvement is a bonus.

The video was a VHS recorded back in 1996 the conversion to DVD was done in 2014 and apart from some white noise and screen grain it has transferred ok, sound is generally poor and muffled and looked like it had been filmed by a "mate with a video camera" he filmed everything and everyone, I have edited that down to about 1 hour 10 mins all told and then added music to soften out the gaps and misses in dialogue ... Looks like they used a mic during speeches as that is generally ok just needed a little volume boost

video now looks like it was something that was filmed in possibly 240p, ...for the time it took TBH not worth it for me, for the bride though she is stoked

I think with a pretty decent DVD video this can improve things noticeably, for old VHS video if you don't mind losing your rig for a day its ok, for everyday use though not so much, TBH I wont be offering it to people. More Ram better CPU and higher end Vid card to cut down processing time to a manageable 2 hours or so would help

couple of years from now and it may be well worth the cost

EDIT> BTW not one crash from the Rig as it did the upscale, after it finished I ran 3D mark and on the second run its shut down totally ...im back to thinking PSU or Mobo

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    Dyre Straits likes this.
  9. Mr Cairo

Whoo hoo brother in law is back this week I can get some parts switched out on the new setup , Back on my old Rig at the mo and it is sooo slow now :)

Dyre Straits and Calliers like this.
  10. Mr Cairo

switched out power supply and same problem so not that, tried a different card and everything hunky dory so it appears to be the vid card at fault .... lets see what I can find, out of time right now

Really should have tried card first TBH

Calliers likes this.
  11. Mr Cairo

and finally its back ..slightly lower result with different card but in real world usage barely noticeable, GTA V and Mad Max running flawlessly and video editing is super easy , barley an inconvenience

new.jpg

Calliers likes this.
  12. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

Do you know how jelly I am that you guys are now all upgrading your PCs and beating my rig lol?

Such is the life of a PC Fanboy, his PC is king for all of 6 months if even that. :D

13. Mr Cairo

To be fair I think my last big upgrade was about 9 years ago not long after i reviewed a ATI card on here and was allowed to keep it.

Calliers likes this.