PC piracy is a 'huge concern' warns Red Alert 3 dev

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by Iria, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Iria

Iria New Member

PC piracy is a "huge concern", Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 producer David Silverman has warned.

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

as I have said before, they are just trying more and more to rent or divx the games to gamers. Piracy my ass.

EA and Ubisoft behind the article I am sure, or even Securom. Nice little propaganda there boys. (EA, Ubi, Securom, VideoGamer)

3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

wouldn't require piracy if you PROVIDED THE DAMN CD KEYS COMPLETELY YOU BASTARDS..

/sighs

4. RejZoR

RejZoR New Member

Isn't piracy grand. You can throw any accusation at it and no one will defend it.
    You can blame it for everything and no one will ever know for sure if that is indeed true.
    And best of all, no one can actually measure it's actual (real) effect, be it negative or positive.

So they make a shitty game, sales are crappy. Guess who they'll gonna blame. PIRACY of course!
    The ultimate universal tool for lazy and greedy publishers and developers these days it seems...

EDIT:
    I'm not saying piracy is the right way to go but damn, this is just going beyond all healthy limits.
    Piracy is the same as 5 or 10 or 15 years ago. They just seem to care more now.
    They just seem to love the smell of money more these days than they did before...

5. ET3D

ET3D Hopeless Dreamer

Your responses are funny, guys, in a sad sort of way.

These people are selling the same games for consoles and PC. They are getting much better sales for consoles. Is the game shitty? If so, why does it sell well on the console? Might not be piracy. Might be a different demographic, or another reason. But PC gamers like you are sticking your head in the sand by dismissing the problem.

6. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Every time I pop in a new game I look everywhere for these pirates and never find them.

There aren't any oceans or Islands around here, so I think its bullsh*t.

7. nicnik

nicnik In the Land of Snow

despite how superior the pc is at gaming for majority of games, not every gamer is a hardcore one that insists on playing on pc. I know many casual gamers who can easily afford a rig to handle the latest pc games, yet they get a console to plug into their hdtv in the living room. And not everyone wants the hassle of hooking pc to hdtv.
    you see where im getting to?

It's not always piracy that screws up the pc games market. and i agreewith sfosok; it's not like you can easily obtain these pirated games. Films on the other hand are far more serious IMO.

8. sterben

sterben New Member

Tell us something we don't know, of course piracy is a concern for every game developer.

9. YAYitsAndrew

YAYitsAndrew Anti-Piracy Poster Boy

In my mind, PC's got a lot of problems compared to consoles. Piracy is indeed one major issue, but there's also compatibility. PC games are considerably more buggy when they launch because the hardware isn't static.

I assure you there's no trickery or conspiracy theory at play here. PC game sales have not been staying consistent with console game sales. The gaming industry is doing very well right now, but that isn't translating to PC. Yes, piracy is ONE reason for that.