PCI Latency tool - Post your results here regarding ASIO performance after trying it.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JGSF, Jul 21, 2005.

1. JGSF

JGSF New Member

I don't know if this will solve ASIO clicks and pops, but try it out and post the results here so we can reach a conclusion:

note to start: Some folks say to ONLY set the AGP/video card latency to 64 with this tool and leave the rest, and it will improve the performance.

I haven't done enough testing to know yet.

If you reboot your pc without checking "apply on startup" everything will be back to normal, so don't be afraid to try.

version 2.3:
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=951

version 2.6: http://www.esi-pro.co.kr/spboard/board.cgi?id=FAQ&action=view&gul=36&page=1&go_cnt=0
    (rename the file named "PCI" to "PCI.zip" after you download)

2. JGSF

JGSF New Member

Answering myself:

So far I haven't found any significative differences playing with 2,67 ms latency, I've set all to 0 except the video card (set it to 64). I can go up to 1,3 ms but it's not usable for multiple sounds. 2 ms has some pops from time to time with multiple sounds.

Very rarely, at 2,67, there was a slight "pop" in the sound (only perceptible while playing home), so far with this settings I got none, but then again I haven't played enough hours to be sure.

Also, take a look at this thread about the program:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121190&perpage=25&highlight=&pagenumber=1

Last edited: Jul 21, 2005
  3. TravelRec.

TravelRec. Alternative Audioproductions

Tried it and came to the same conclusion, not a difference for any settings I made, the only thing that makes a difference for me is to give the sequencer a higher system-priority (in Win2000 or XP), so the asio latency can be a step lower than as usual.

4. Nando Dominguez

Nando Dominguez New Member

>>to give the sequencer a higher system-priority

I can't find this parameter, TravelRec. Do you mean within cubase or somewhere in windows?

5. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

I experienced no change - or at least the instructions implied that if settings are below a certain point, they're probanly not settable.

Mine were all set to 16 already. I have decent latency (5ms is fine with me as I dont monitor fx)

P4 3.0Ghz. (630) 2x 512MB DDR2 CAS2.5 / Intel 915 Chipset - intel mobo, Audigy 2zs plat (SB0350) PCIe 6600 video w/nvidia reference drivers (latest) KX 3538h.

6. TravelRec.

Run the sequencer, then open the task-manager, go to processes tab and give the sequencer application a higher base-priority (one step above than the current). Then close task-manager and run your project. In some cases the priority is re-set by windows or the application itself, so you are unable to set the priority for your own.

7. JGSF

JGSF New Member

Is it bad to give it "Realtime priority"?

8. TravelRec.

If your system locks up, than it´s bad - "higher than normal" or "high" is good enough.