PfMod.dll fix for audigy 1 / new audigy 2 zx drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by hyakki, Apr 14, 2005.

1. hyakki

hyakki New Member

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  2. kozby

kozby New Member

I am patched this file and I can sent it to your e-mail.

3. hyakki

hyakki New Member

great

:)
    thanks

Last edited: Apr 17, 2005
  4. Raven76

Raven76 New Member

This is a my post of 31 July 2004... perhaps is useful for you... (it function also for audigy 1)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi to all and excuse my bad english! ;)

Well, I have a SB audigy 2 and I installed the drivers correctly as shown in the guide... BUT!... there is a "problem" with the eq-patch and the last version of EAX console: after the web-update of the drivers I installed the new EAX console update also (v. 2.02.05) and the EQ won't work animore!... If you try to reinstall the eq_patch again, you will have MANY files of the older EAX console version!... totally USELESS and no good!

So I looked for a solution:

HERE (click me!) you will find the ONLY file you need for the equalizator working correctly on SB Audigy 2 with last EAX console update!!! :)

Guide for installation:

- Follow EXACTLY the guide in the first page of this thread, but DON'T install the eq_patch!
    - Be sure to update the drivers to the last version (download the 2 updates from creative website) and after this, most important, install the EAX console update 2.02.05!!!
    - If all has gone well, all is functiong correctly (also the THX console) but not the eq (hardware not found error)
    - Control the file in the \Program file\Creative\ShareDLL\ the PfMod.dll MUST be 106.496 byte.
    - Simply CHANGE the file with the file I posted above! ;) The 2 files have the same size... but aren't the same! :evil: (no need to boot in safe-mode!)
    - Th eq will work perfectly! ;)

I think this will go only for SB Audigy 2...

Let me know if for you go well! :)

ps: if you don't want to use the new eax console, you can still use the eq by simply using THIS (click me!) modified older version of PfMod.dll (rename and copy over the existing file) instead of the eq_patch.exe of the first page. File size must be 98.304 byte

Summary (perhaps more clear than my post! :p )

- If you have the "old" (original from the cd) EAX console, use THIS (click me!) modified file for using the EQ (rename it without the "old").

- If you have the last version of EAX console (2.02.05) use THIS (click me!) modified file for using the EQ

ps: if aren't sure of wich file you need, check the size of the file: originals and modded are the same! ;)

5. Deam

Deam New Member

I think the new beta drivers create new problmes again. I tried the new file, but it didn't seem to work.

The new PFmod.Dll file size for the beta drivers is 131,072 bytes, and it is version 0.6.4.14.

Any help would be appreciated as well.

6. Raven76

Raven76 New Member

mmmhhh... try this... it is a "cracked" version of the last pfmof.dll (the same you posted). It function on a SB Audigy 2 (I cannot test on a Audigy 1...:sigh:)

http://digilander.libero.it/arosati76/PfMod.zip

7. Deam

Deam New Member

Raven76,
    Thank you! It worked. If you don't me asking, did you crack this yourself, or get it somewhere else? If you did crack it yourself, what exactly did you do? I am curious to learn so I can do it when the next drivers come out (whenever that may be.).

8. Raven76

Raven76 New Member

I cracked it myself! :p

The operation is very simple... you must use an editor as Ultraedit, search this exadecimal string:

8B 44 24 08 3D 00 00 20 02 72 (pay attention!... search the ENTIRE string, because there are many parts similar in the file)

Change 20 to 00 et voila! [​IMG]

9. Shaga

Shaga Intelligent Life Form

How did you came up into that solution? just curious :wtf:

10. Raven76

Raven76 New Member

Just a bit too long to explain... (writing in "decent" english is a bit difficult for me). sorry... :sigh:

Did you know italian language?! :p

11. Shaga

Shaga Intelligent Life Form

Nope, but it doesn't matter much how did you came into your fix :) so no need explain to as it's difficult..

12. Deam

Deam New Member

Yeah, that was what I was looking for, how you initially figured that out. But it's okay. I just want to know if this is the same for all the PFmod.dll's, or just the newest one?

13. Raven76

Raven76 New Member

Yes... the string is the same in all the three versions I tried...

14. PIRATA!

PIRATA! New Member

Do I really need this mod if I install the new Creative .004 drivers??

I mena... if I use these new Creative .004 drivers with the A4 ISO by YouP to have that software, do I still need this file??
    In case, how and where do I place it??

Thank you.

15. Raven76

Raven76 New Member

Per sapere se ti serve realmente il file modificato basta che verifichi il funzionamento dell'EQ... se ti va allora sei a posto... se non ti va devi "patchare" il file pfmod.dll

(ciauzzz! [​IMG])

16. PIRATA!

PIRATA! New Member

Weeee, compatriotaa!!

Lets translate this so to be more international. :D

You're telling me to verify the EQ: if it works good I do NOT need any PfMod.dll fix; if it works bad I NEED the PfMod.dll fix and so I NEED to patch it.

Ok... but the EQ is installed with the driver package or its some external software that I have to install later from the driver setup??

I would like to install the .iso A4 YouP because, if I am right, it has better software than those for A2 and it can be installed on the original Creative .004 drivers.
    I have ussed it with the last Beta official .002 drivers for months and everything was great, but now I don't understand if the EQ of the new official Creative .004 drivers installs even the EQ, if I have to patch the PfMod.dll file if having prblems with the EQ EVEN if after I will install the software from the .iso A4 by YouP.

In other words, can someone PLEASE write down a little manual on how to install the new Creative official .004 drivers with the software package from the .iso A4 by YouP ????

P.S.: Is the software package from the .iso A4 by YouP still the best software solution for the A2ZS audio cards??

Thank you very much.

17. Raven76

Raven76 New Member

The EQ is installed with the software package (not the drivers)! ;)

ps: i'm Raven from HwUpgrade! :p

18. JRosenfeld

JRosenfeld New Member

Many thanks for this fix.

Audigy 2 (Dell OEM with Creative drivers 2.08.0370)

I have the following versions of the Audigy apps:
    EAX_CONSOLE 2.10.13
    Creative Restore Defaults 2.10.04
    SFBANK_Manager 3.10.18
    SPEAKER_SETTINGS 1.60.12
    Surround Mixer 3.60.16
    WAVESTUDIO 6.20.11
    Equaliser v 1.60.07

(from some update posted some time ago from
    http://www.station-drivers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5703#5703 )

and Equalizer would not work. Downloaded Ultraedit trial version, made the change you indicated in the 120kb pfmod.dll v 0.7.0.3 and now equalizer works. :)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2006
  19. PIRATA!

PIRATA! New Member

;)

So the EQ you are all talking about is the one from the original software package for A2 or wat ???

Do I have to do this PfMod.dll fix even on the file of the EQ of the modded .iso for A4 by YouP ????

Thank you.

20. Raven76

Raven76 New Member

Yeah... (double click on the creative-speaker icon in the tray icon area and than look at the just opened console... the EQ is the button on the lower side, together with eax console, spekaker setting, THX console, EQ, etc....)

Just try! :lol:... if it works you do not have to fix it! ;)