Phantom Lapboard review @ DH

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Jul 20, 2009.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Read The Review here
    Ok I admit it, I am a media junkie. There is nothing else i would rather do in my free time than lounge on the sofa and fire up my computer to watch the latest downloaded films and tv shows - the shape of my body is almost burned into the leather recliner as if to verify the point.

Phantom are set to answer the call of many a media fan with the release of their Phantom Lapboard which combines a rather unusually styled keyboard with a laser mouse that can be used on 'a lap' with a home theater PC.

2. clanman

clanman New Member

I want to order one but its not letting me yet, I will watch out for it going live.

3. humonous

humonous New Member

When can we buy it? I went to order one and there are no details of when they will be available :(

4. longhorn1000

longhorn1000 New Member

love the plug and play support very sweet. looks very stylish, love the understated look and lack of glowing shit on it too :)

5. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

My guess is never. Infinium labs are behind it. Might as well be made by martians on the shores of an island occupied by orks.

It's a shame because the product looks very good for what it is and could sell.

6. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

sounds like something i can use if i wanted to plop in front of the 73" DLP

7. HardwareHeaven

well all I can say is I know they are made as I have one right in front of me now. We all know the previous experiences especially the high profile court case with Hardocp but that was when Tim Roberts was in charge. After speaking with John Landino a few times he seems genuine.

Please bear in mind that Maingear do sell systems with the board included so there is stock and produced goods - in how much quantity I have no idea....

I have been assured it will be released within the next week as a package is sitting in customs - so I guess we wait and see what happens.

8. lepel

lepel New Member

Nice review, lots of pics and very clear. It looks like a nice poduct for PS3 users who want to have mouse and keyboard, though FragFX might ring some competition in that area. The driverless support is great too.
    I wish them luck selling the board so that they can flush away the bad past Phantom had.

9. JLandino

JLandino Phantom Entertainment CEO

Thanks so much Allan! The container is going thru Customs now and should be released sometime this week. Once the Lapboards are cleared its a 3 hour trip to the warehouse we contracted to store and ship them.

We will turn on the Lapboard order page as soon as we have clearance from our shipping in Miami.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me.

John Landino

10. HardwareHeaven

Thanks John appreciate you taking the time to come to our forums and post information.

I have had quite a few people contact me asking when it will go on sale. I advise you all to keep checking the phantom website over the coming week.

If you guys manage to get one for yourselves please post your findings on the forums, id love to hear what you all think.

11. brutusmaximus

brutusmaximus New Member

It is an incredibly attractive product. In the modern day all the manufacturers appear to be overloading their products with LEDS and flashing nonsense and this is almost apple mac like in design (which is a compliment).

I am interested myself and im very curious to see this breaking the negative "phantom" PR from the past.

Shall be bookmarking the site to order one myself when you get them.

12. Alex

Alex Driverheaven Lover

Put me down for one - the name "phantom" is almost a myth on the enthusiast scene. If these get released it will be big news. I have doubts, but with DH behind this with a product in hand and a solid final shipping product review its already big news.

Nice review guys, impressive product all round.

13. LukeK

LukeK New Member

very sexy. can't believe Phantom have a product out ! i thought they went bankrupt, but ive read Johns Blog page and I admire the outspoken and no BS approach. Hell of a company name to take over man!

Oh yeah, love the product, my brother and me are interested, so hopefully they make an appearance on the site shortly. Its well priced for a laser mouse and 2.4ghz wireless multiplatform keyboard. The glossy white rocks!

14. longjohnsally

longjohnsally New Member

lovely. im in. now deliver the goods!

15. catflaps

catflaps New Member

been watching this for a while when it was on engadget as it fills a niche no one yet has. When I saw the review on DH I knew it was hitting the market.

Hope the customs thing works out from the far east - very sweet product.

16. lambofelves

lambofelves New Member

When I saw this I almost choked. A solid product in hand for review from Phantom !

It seems a lot of money, but i paid $60 for my mouse and $50 for my keyboard and I dont think they are as nice as this setup and id love the option for a chair as I watch a lot of movies and play online via my tv.

ill bookmark the site, ordering one.

17. seanmclagerty

seanmclagerty New Member

If I could afford one id order it. bit out of my price range as I only spend about 30 bucks on a mouse and another 30 on a keyboard. I like the style of the white one, looks very clean and professional.

Nice to see the CEO posting on DH, quite reassuring if you guys buy one to know you can talk to the boss here.

18. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Looks solid for sure and great review Z :)

19. HardwareHeaven

20. procupine14

procupine14 Why is it Beeping!?!?!

Woot! I might just pick one up myself. I have been dying to get my hands on a new keyboard/mouse set for the HTPC for awhile now.