Pimp My Rig - PowerColor Devil 13 HD7990

Discussion in 'Competitions Discussion' started by craig5320, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

to clarify, i'm not stating that everyone is doing this...

but it's quite possible... I just got really really peaved when i saw the discussion about programming a tool specifically designed to run and win.

2. vavyn

vavyn New Member

what do you want me to reveal ?? :rofl:

BabylenTatarsky likes this.
  3. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

Well, you're fairly new round here, so I was just wondering whether you wanted to introduce yourself, and whether you wanted to diclose your methods :)

4. vavyn

vavyn New Member

Well I'm here for quite sometime, just that I didn't register. Also method is what everybody is doing, just that I have a bit more time on my side I guess.

5. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

I think tactics might vary quite a bit, actually.

Personally I was combining three factors:

• CPU underclock and core disable where possible
    • Limit 3dmark03 CPU utilisation to 1%
    • Use Prime95 on a higher priority than 3dmark03, set to use more RAM than the system has, to force 3dmark to use the page file on a slow HDD.
    Judging by my FPS numbers before I went on holiday, a run comparable to yours is possible with this technique. I just didn't manage to get a successful completion in time (sometimes it rendered less than one frame in a scene).

6. vavyn

vavyn New Member

Yup, I got that ALOT last year. But yes, time is everything. Each test takes more than an hour to do and if 1 test fails, you have to restart the whole process again. So at the end all you need is time time and more time to get a valid score.

7. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

03 owners (not free users) have an advantage of being able to run each test individually allowing for "changes" to be made per test to make it work.

8. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

Vavyn - how you doing?

For those that missed it, here are the second round rules:

SECOND ROUND RULES
    Only 3Dmark 2003 default settings but the resolution (now done @ 640x480) would be accepted

License keys were sent to second round winners in order to be able to change the resolution.
    All game tests including nature test must be supported and completed All scores with N\A FPS won’t be accepted and the scores must be higher than 0,00FPS Same hardware configuration must be used from the first round.
    The benchmark score must have been made during the second round competition period The project name should include "PowerColor PIMP MY RIG"
    More than one user share the lowest score, the first submission will win The link must be active right after the end of the competition in order to validate, you can submit the score and link before even if the link is not active on the Futuremark Run test, register on Futuremark website, submit and win Only the first round finalist can participate and must enter the code you got from your winning submition email on the next entries.
    You can submit multiple times different scores (the lowest is the one that
    counts) Submitions with any non default settings changed (besides the
    resolution) will make the user to be disqualified.
    PowerColor will work with FutureMark to check for any cheating.
    Second and final round with the finalist start to compete on the 20th 10AM CET and ends on the 24th 10AM.

THE WORST COMBINED SCORE WOULD GET YOU A POWERCOLOR SPECIALY PIMPED ULTRA LIMITED EDITION HD7990 Devil13 AND ALL THE GOODIES FROM FIRST ROUND!