Playcenter 3.0

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by ajm786, Jun 17, 2002.

1. ajm786

ajm786 New Member

Ya know, I hate it when some software comes along and screws my system.

I've been fighting with Playcenter 3.0 ever since I got my new P4T533-C motherboard. I had to disable all my USB 2.0 and my onboard LAN. If I enabled it, Playcenter would screw my system...

So I switched to Winamp. Now I turned on ALL the extra stuff that I bought the board for in the first place... :rolleyes:

I will only be using Playcenter for recording, as it is a fine piece of software, PROVIDING CREATIVE FIXES THEIR *#&$ing SOFTWARE/DRIVER ISSUES...!!!!

2. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Colour Commentator

Don't hold your breath, support ain't exactly creative's strongest point. :rolleyes:

3. UberLord

UberLord A Legend in Underwear

They've got a strongpoint? lol :lol:

4. Malus

Malus BSD SMASH!

A strongpoint for them is that they make money off crap products. It doesn't help us any, but it makes them tons of cash!

5. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Colour Commentator

I've always wondered about that.

I've always wondered why they had such strong namebrand recognition when the products in question (SB-live & Audigy) suck so bad in comparison to the competition (Fortissimo II, TB Santa Cruz)....yet no one has heard of the competition unless they are seriously into geeking.

I'm not calling anyone dumb here, I got a SB-live 5.1 here in Bubbles myself for the same reasons as above. I never gave soundcards much thought until I was putting her together and then I just wanted it to be good quality, well-supported, and since "gaming soundcard" was pretty much synonamous with "SB-live" for me at the time it seemed like a no-brainer.

Boy, was I wrong! I'm still trying to find the time to tear Bubbles & Blue apart to do some component swapping. Blue is our multimedia/net machine primarily & Bubbles is my gamer. I want to put all the best bits in Bubbles, and right now that means the SB-live has got to be swapped with my Fortissimo II. There just isn't any comparison!

6. Cavicchi

Cavicchi New Member

Have you downloaded the patch for Play Center 3? Check out Creative's website.

7. fatty100lb

fatty100lb New Member

i can only find 2.52 on there, has anyone got the link for the 3.0