PlayStation 5 NCC photos emphasize its massive size

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by Calliers, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

Sony’s upcoming console hasn’t been without its fair share of controversy even as fans start counting down the weeks before the PlayStation 5 launches. The design of the console itself was already a point of heated discussion, with some loving it and others mocking it. One thing that may not have been given much attention, however, is the size of the console even after Sony gave the figures. Thankfully, Taiwan’s NCC has published photos of an actual PS5 that really puts that size into perspective.

The PlayStation 5 is huge. In fact, it is believed to be the biggest console yet in modern gaming history. The unorthodox futuristic design may make it look sleek and fashionable but, thanks to that hulking size, owners might find it difficult to squeeze into places.

In fact, owners might be forced to design around the PS5 instead to accommodate its size and form. While other consoles can, in theory, be positioned vertically or horizontally, the PS5’s design seems to dictate its vertical orientation. It is designed to be noticed and perhaps displayed where its predecessors could be tucked away from view.

[​IMG]

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I clearly remember Sony mentioning more than once that the console can be placed vertically.
    Was this "article" sponsored by Microsoft?

Mr Cairo likes this.
  3. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Just a shame it is white.. I prefer Black...

Besides that the size does not matter i just see myself swapping my PS4 Pro & Xbox 1X for another year or two..

4. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

I'm definitely not going to get a PS5 or Xbox Series X or S any time soon, I'll wait until their prices drop at least one time before I spring for them.