PluginQL -- A kX Addon

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by Russ, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Smiro

Smiro New Member

Works great, thanks a lot Russ :)

2. Chester01

Chester01 New Member

I am having issues using this with 3538K, it seems to crash my DSP everytime I try and use/load it. Any suggestions? Perhaps a recomplilation is in order. Thankyou for your help, this plugin has been a godsend.

3. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I haven't tested it with 3538k as of yet. I will take a look when I have a chance. Thanks for the report.

4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Ok, I recompiled the plugin and addon for 3538k. Do not forget to quit kxmixer before replacing any files that are in use. Download link is in the first post of this thread.

BTW: I changed ISP's, so my alternate download site is no longer available (in case anyone went to that site and wondered what happened to it).

-Russ

5. Chester01

Chester01 New Member

works great, thank you for your help and support
    -Matt

6. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

No problem, I am glad that the addon is useful to you.

-Russ

7. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I made some minor changes (removed some debug stuff that I was using for testing, and fixed the plugin so that it uses no resources (there was a small bug causing it to use one gpr)) to the 3538j and 3538k versions. Again, quit kxmixer before replacing any files that are in use (no need to re-register the plugin/addon if replacing existing (allready registered) files, otherwise follow the installation instructions in the 1st post of this thread.).

-Russ

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Thanks Russ, I just installed and started using it. SO now I have my UFX and ProfX plug on hot keys ..awesome..It is really very cool and extremley useful. Especially when recording and such. Thx again.

9. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Doh, I just noticed a typo with the Toggle "Swap Front and Rear" mode option (says "From" instead of "Front"). I'll correct that next time I do an update...

Let me know if anyone notices any other typos, or bugs, etc.

10. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Added new test version to test out some new options (that I cannot completely test myself). Currently it is only available for 3538k.

Added: Device selection option for those of you with multiple kX compatible cards.
    -- Needs to be tested as I do not have multiple cards myself.

Added: Close All Plugin Windows option
    -- This should close all plugin tweak windows (for all devices).
    -- As with other plugin windows, it is only for plugins with their own tweak window.

Added: Close All Applet Windows option
    -- This should close all kX applet windows.

Added: Close All Windows option
    -- This is a combination of the above two options.

I changed the way the NONE option is saved, so when it reads any older settings, all the keys that were previously set to NONE will change to Select Device, so you may want to manually change them back to NONE and save (or Set Defaults and save, etc).

I am still considering an option for using different settings for different configurations, but it is a little complicated, so I am not sure if/when I will add such an option.

I did NOT add the option to have different keys work with different devices (multi-card setups), because it would require me to change the way I save settings (as I would need to save another parameter with each key), and as such, it would make old settings incompatible. I may add this option in the future if enough people want it. (i.e. another combo box where you can set the device you want associated with the key, etc).

Let me know if there are any problems with the new options, etc.

-Russ

11. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

If you can/like - if you compile for J I will test the 2 card stuff.

let me know.... or wait till I have K istalled if no one else does....

Sorry but me and my friend need to record another song before I can U/G to K.

edit: but you KNOW Im always happy to irritate you :p lol ...

12. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Hey, Doog..I am running 3538J and I am using that add-on....it's on his site..

13. Chester01

Chester01 New Member

I think that the changing a parameter with a keypress would be VERY nice. I generally have a gain plugin open on my desktop because that is how i control the volume of my stereo :) If I could map the one key to decrease gain and the two key to increase gain (with ctrl+shift) it would be very cool. Just a thought... Thanks for the continued support!

14. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Added new test version for 3538j.

@Chester01
    I had thought about the possibility of controlling other plugin's parameters using hotkeys, but I think that would be better to do with a different plugin or program.

15. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

@Chester01, you can get little midi apps that aloow you to map keystrokes to midid events then use KX automation to adjust your Gain plugin. I used something similar to this with my P5 glove that would change parameters when I moved my hand...

16. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

edited...

Ok this is the first irritation I warned of... hehe

Mode isnt changing the indicator in the add-on menu...

This DOES switch between cards right?

Doesnt seem to work for me - or I need more instruction

17. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

Ok - I see a device select in the drop downs... but whats the mode for?

other than that - working good so far.

edit nevermind... im dumb... works good... but I cant use with some apps running... (Had FF running and was conflicting with FF funcs)

Ill test more and report errors now that im less dumb now :D

Last edited: Aug 29, 2006
  18. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

All hotkeys work with the currently selected device (i.e. the one with the check mark next to it in the kX menu, under device). If you choose the "Select Device" option, the second combo box should list what cards you have. Pick one from the list, and save the settings (remember that the settings are not used/updated until you save them). Then, when you use that hotkey sequence, it should change to that device (and the kx menu should reflect the change). Now the hotkeys should work for that device instead of the previous one (same as if you changed devices from the menu).

The modes are to change which mode is the active one. To change modes, you use the ALT-SHIFT-NUMKEY sequences (where NUMKEY is the mode). The PluginQL addon menu item shows the current mode. The mode drop down box changes the GUI to show the key settings for which ever mode is selected in the drop down box. i.e. The action perfromed by the CTRL-SHIFT-KEYNUM hotkey sequences, depend on what mode you are in, as each mode can have its own independant settings (BTW: this part has not changed from the previous version).

<edit>
    Just saw your edit...
    Yes, that is possible, that is why I made it so that the hotkeys can be disabled.
    </edit>

19. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

You know me... keeping my promise (irritation....)

Been working great so far...

But...(I have suggestions - like or not, I get em) is it possible to pop up a tray message when:
    1) mode changed
    2) device select change happened and what device was chosen..
    3) an option to enable and disable the above funcs 1&2.?

AND yet better would be a tray Icon that indicated device selected... but I have doubts thats an easy thing to do... - but would be good.
    edit: and an option to disable this as well - end edit

Just suggestions (honestly - I get mixed up between what card is selected as all the tweak windows dont indicate what device its attached to/affecting. And I used same renames in both device pugins (an MX6 = 'Main Monitor'... not 'Dev# Main Monitor' - as a for instance)
    So now I 'need' to either a) have the DSP open as well to match the plug in ID or b) I could rename all my plugins, but thats alot of effort I prolly wont do, until maybe I U/G to K (with all my configs saved - per project/song - and such)

Keep in mind also, also trying to anticipate what others may notice- btw.

(am I rambling... sorry)

And NOT such a huge deal to me, becuase most of my 'tweaks' are with 1 device 90% of the time... but others(??) may find such funcs usefull .. ??

Again.. just humble suggestions/observations and not even requests from me personally - I mean if Im the only one bringing this up... well, fuhgedaboudit.

Nice addon either way - and have not found anything what Id call a bug and will continue take advantage of your hard work :p.

20. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

After thinking more about the tray Icon thing... thats actually a better suggestion for Eugene (do I sound like a dork calling him by name and never so much as communicating with him before?? - Like me calling the pres.... George - cuz I have some suggestions for him too - well never mind.... )

Anyway... I wouldnt go too far on that one anyway....